The Dark Knight Rises ~ USE SPOILER TAGS FOR SPOILERS, NO OPEN SPOILERS

I saw this movie today. I don't know about "best movie ever", but it is definitely one of the best I've seen in a long time. Definitely an awesome film. Anne Hathaway was great as Catwoman too.

After thinking about it more, I am disappointed with this movie. Bane is a boring character. He's typically been a side character that either helps other Batman villains or just makes shit harder for Batman. He sucks as a primary target.

Ann Hathaway sucks as Catwoman, too. She does well in roles where she's innocent and regal, and Catwoman is supposed to be ruthless and cunning.

Eks, I've observed your posts for some time, so I know better than to call you a troll, but your opinion is REALLY sticking out here, especially your opinion about Anne Hathaway. It resembles most people's opinions BEFORE the movie, most of whom have reversed themselves here. Did you SEE the movie? Also, Anne Hathaway "does well in roles where she's innocent and regal?" lol. Have you actually SEEN any Anne Hathaway films other than The Princess Diaries, The Princess Diaries II, or Ella Enchanted?

IMO, it's the best one of the trilogy, I really liked the story, the ending was a bit too predictable tho.

dont read if you havent seen it. theres a HUGE spoiler here:

Spoiler:
i think bane dies cheaply. like come on, batman doesnt even kill him. just a shot from batmans bike from catwoman. just grrrrrr!! i was expecting bane to go with the bomb. other than that TDKR was a good movie

dont read if you havent seen it. theres a HUGE spoiler here:

Spoiler:
i think bane dies cheaply. like come on, batman doesnt even kill him. just a shot from batmans bike from catwoman. just grrrrrr!! i was expecting bane to go with the bomb. other than that TDKR was a good movie

I thought the same until I realized this

Spoiler:
Batman could have done the same thing. He could have grabbed a pistol and shot Bane. End of story.

BUT remember he told Catwoman no guns. Because that's how he is.

Catwoman broke the rules and killed Bane. It was a realistic death. Bane is strong, not bulletproof.

Spoiler:
I agree with destroyer13, I thought Bane had a weak death scene too. And I understand what you mean mizore, but if he was gonna go out that way at least show him getting pegged with a shit load of bullets and try to make it look dramatic. I wasnt even sure he died at first when I originally saw it.

come to think of it, this series has always had weak death scenes. Remember Two-face?
He gets tackled by batman then the next shot shows him laying there dead. The actor who played twoface even admited he was unsure about his character's fate at first, thats how bad they handled his death scene.

Last edited:
Spoiler:
The most surprising scene for me in this movie was Miranda stabbing Batman with the knife. In that moment, I was shocked and surprised when I deduced her identity with me thinking like this: "It couldn't be. Talia!!!"

I was surprised with Crane reappearing once more, but the biggest moment for me was definitely Miranda's true identity as Talia al Ghul the moment she stabbed Bruce in the gut.

The movie was excellent. Anne did pretty well as Selina Kyle, and I also like how they did with the goggles as cat ears, when fully turned up.

The only thing I like about DC is Batman.

Everything else sucks balls. I LOVE Marvel, though, but Batman is my fav of all time <3

Nah, it ain't just you, it was a far better movie than The Avengers.

Avengers was decent. But....

Spoiler:
both movies feature a similar sacrifice scene at the end. Iron man's sacrifice wasnt as deep and just kinda blended in with the light hearted tone the movie had. Where in TDKR, as soon as you realize what he's gonna do with the bomb, shit gets serious.

batman > everyone in avengers

The movie is awesome!!! Anne Hathaway was amazing! Never expected her to be so bad@$$. At first I thought she was too angelic for such role but damn she can be a b****. The type I would be. ;)

Does anyone else feel

Spoiler:
that the ending seemed like a watered down version of the ending of Sherlock Holmes: A game of shadows? I felt the one in Sherlock Holmes was executed much better and it had that awe factor when we know that Sherlock was alive. I liked the ending in TDKR but it didnt really shine well like it did in the Sherlock movie.

Eks, I've observed your posts for some time, so I know better than to call you a troll, but your opinion is REALLY sticking out here, especially your opinion about Anne Hathaway. It resembles most people's opinions BEFORE the movie, most of whom have reversed themselves here. Did you SEE the movie? Also, Anne Hathaway "does well in roles where she's innocent and regal?" lol. Have you actually SEEN any Anne Hathaway films other than The Princess Diaries, The Princess Diaries II, or Ella Enchanted?

I saw it at midnight on Friday (won tickets from a local radio station), and I'm not at all trolling. I'm not really a fan of Anne, and I've actually not SEEN :)p) any of the movies you mentioned. I've only seen her in The Devil Wears Prada (at the wife's behest) and Alice in Wonderland (which is a somewhat small role). Perhaps my experience with her work is limited, but I am still disappointed with her portrayal of the character. She doesn't play a convincing b***h and her fighting choreography isn't strong. (Both of which are crucial to the character.)

I don't like how Catwoman was written into this movie, either. She (Catwoman herself more than Hathaway) seems sorta out of place, as if she was just stuck in to have her in.

I saw it at midnight on Friday (won tickets from a local radio station), and I'm not at all trolling. I'm not really a fan of Anne, and I've actually not SEEN :)p) any of the movies you mentioned. I've only seen her in The Devil Wears Prada (at the wife's behest) and Alice in Wonderland (which is a somewhat small role). Perhaps my experience with her work is limited, but I am still disappointed with her portrayal of the character. She doesn't play a convincing b***h and her fighting choreography isn't strong. (Both of which are crucial to the character.)

I don't like how Catwoman was written into this movie, either. She (Catwoman herself more than Hathaway) seems sorta out of place, as if she was just stuck in to have her in.

Fair response, I suppose. To each his own.

But there's no way I'm believing you didn't see any of those films if it occurred to you to use the term "regal" for Anne Hathaway :p

Does anyone else feel

Spoiler:
that the ending seemed like a watered down version of the ending of Sherlock Holmes: A game of shadows? I felt the one in Sherlock Holmes was executed much better and it had that awe factor when we know that Sherlock was alive. I liked the ending in TDKR but it didnt really shine well like it did in the Sherlock movie.

Spoiler:
Never saw that movie, so I did not compare it and did not think any less of TDKR's ending.
Maybe I'll see it one day, but I also just have more of a connection with the batman character because I've been into him since I was real young, and this is the first time in cinema history he finally gets a true and satisfying ending. So the only way I imagine I'd ever feel more in awe with Sherlock Holmes' ending is if its single handedly the greatest movie ever made. So yeah.

Also, whats up with that blonde chick who follows Selina Kyle around? I know she's in the comics as Holly Robinson (thank you internet), and I know they are able to pull her off better and go more in depth in comics, but not so much in this film. She was unnecessary and awkward here. Reminds me of something out of a Sam Raimi Spiderman film.

Last edited:
Fair response, I suppose. To each his own.

But there's no way I'm believing you didn't see any of those films if it occurred to you to use the term "regal" for Anne Hathaway :p

The regal aspect comes from her role as the White Queen in Alice and the innocent asepct comes from her part in Prada. *shrugs*

Hm... I gotcha... though I don't remember too much about her in Alice... I guess I need to see that one again

I wasn't questioning the "innocent" part

I just saw this movie last night, and I have to say it's one of the best movies ever.

Spoiler:
At first when I saw Batman "Die" I was so sad, but then when I saw him at that cafe that Alfred went to, I was so relieved