The Dark Knight Rises ~ USE SPOILER TAGS FOR SPOILERS, NO OPEN SPOILERS

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Discussion

My expectations for Anne Hathaway as Catwoman are so low that she can't disappoint me. She could be a good Selina Kyle but not Catwoman she just don't have the swagger that she has. Imo.

No, she just doesn't have the 'maturity' to fit either role, imo. Even when she tries to be mature (come on, the scene where she is dancing with Bruce is a direct rip off from Batman Returns, only she will never be on Michelle's level) makes things feel so forcefully fake....like she is trying too hard to be mature when she just doesn't fit that role, imo.

I am not saying Hathaway is an incredibly immature person, she just has the look of a girl too young to be Catwoman, like almost teenage-like. I think she is around my age, maybe a bit younger, but her pairing with Bale just looks like an older guy trying to get with a teen girl.

I dunno, maybe I just see it that way, and Catwoman isn't an old woman, but Michelle had the sexy, mature look. Hathaway just looks like a teen, imo.

Hathaway, to me, is that goofy girl in a movie. Not so much the hot, screen vixen.

So Jade, if you were casting for the movie, who would be your choice of actress for this version of Catwoman/Selina Kyle?

Charlize Theron would certainly be on my list.

I would even prefer to go for a more unknown actress.

429px-Charlize_Theron_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

This picture is from a few months ago. She has Selina Kyle written all over her.

Plus, she can obviously fit well in tight, black clothing.

thumbnail.aspx

Oh yeah. I remember that outfit. Aeon Flux was the shit back in the days. Even watched it when it was on MTV.

Back on topic:
Very much agreeable Jade. If Theron wasn't able to make it for the role, which unknown actress' were you thinking about anyways?

Bane looks scary with that mask instead of that luchador mask.

My thoughts exactly Jade. And yes the chick from Aeon Flux would be a perfect fit. I hate short hair on women but it works on her.

I don't have an unknown in mind, just saying it would be a great way to get a relatively unknown, up and coming actress to break in to stardom.

I don't have an unknown in mind, just saying it would be a great way to get a relatively unknown, up and coming actress to break in to stardom.

Like 300 and Gerard Butler.

My thoughts exactly Jade. And yes the chick from Aeon Flux would be a perfect fit. I hate short hair on women but it works on her.

It actually wasn't your thoughts exactly at all. Your post clearly said you think Hathaway will make a good Kyle...lol?

429px-Charlize_Theron_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

This picture is from a few months ago. She has Selina Kyle written all over her.

Plus, she can obviously fit well in tight, black clothing.

thumbnail.aspx

I though I remember reading somewhere she got her first movie role by like being near a manager when she flipped out on some person somewhere. And he liked her attitude lol.

Oh here is the summary

Deciding to become an actress, she settled in Los Angeles where she was unable to find work. She lived on her savings from modeling work and occasionally subsisted on bread sticks stolen from restaurants. When a bank teller refused to cash her last modeling check because it was drawn on an out-of-state bank, she became furious, swearing in Afrikaans until she was approached in the bank lobby by a stranger who offered his card. She has said she thought he was a creep trying to pick her up, but he was John Hurt's agent, and quickly became Theron's.

It actually wasn't your thoughts exactly at all. Your post clearly said you think Hathaway will make a good Kyle...lol?

Oooooh look at you with big britches on and everything. Guess I used that frase wrong.

Wait I'm wrong?

/Looks outside.

Sweet! But sense when could pigs fly? lol... J/k Jade...

Yeah...AMES, I think you should just stay away from the keyboard for a while....<.<

No, she just doesn't have the 'maturity' to fit either role, imo. Even when she tries to be mature (come on, the scene where she is dancing with Bruce is a direct rip off from Batman Returns, only she will never be on Michelle's level) makes things feel so forcefully fake....like she is trying too hard to be mature when she just doesn't fit that role, imo.

I am not saying Hathaway is an incredibly immature person, she just has the look of a girl too young to be Catwoman, like almost teenage-like. I think she is around my age, maybe a bit younger, but her pairing with Bale just looks like an older guy trying to get with a teen girl.

I dunno, maybe I just see it that way, and Catwoman isn't an old woman, but Michelle had the sexy, mature look. Hathaway just looks like a teen, imo.

Hathaway, to me, is that goofy girl in a movie. Not so much the hot, screen vixen.

When The Dark Knight was first announced and I found out that Heath Ledger was the Joker I was furious. The movie roles he did in in the past where nothing more than garbage to me but when the movie released in theaters I was blown away by his performance. All I'm saying is have faith in Nolan i'm not a 100 percent on Anna being Catwoman ether but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Last edited:

:rofl:

I swear, you guys always put a smile on my face :]

I saw the avengers earlier and I saw the trailer and I must say, Bane's voice is crystal clear...exactly how "awful" did it sound before? I doubt the audio was heavily altered. I wonder what it originally sounded like.

Thank you. We do our best to entertain the masses, even though not everyone like us. lol

...who?

Art Garfunkel is part of the duo Simon and Garfunkel...who the **** are art and garfunkel? :laugh:

This mother****er, I sweat a god :rofl:

You edited it and there's still a typo in it. Oh shit, stop. I'm ****ing dying.

What can I say I gave a shit. I did, but then I was like WTF ever I like to laugh at myself. Just let what happen happen. :laugh:

But thanks dude I couldn't for the life of me remember who it was. lol

Last edited:

When The Dark Knight was first announced and I found out that Heath Ledger was the Joker I was furious. The movie roles he did in in the past where nothing more than garbage to me but when the movie released in theaters I was blown away by his performance. All I'm saying is have faith in Nolan i'm not a 100 percent on Anna being Catwoman ether but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

I think I mentioned that earlier, that she would probably give a Ledger-esque performance (not a super amazing performance like he did, just the whole 'cast someone for the role everyone disagrees with, ends up they give a great surprise performance') so I don't want to totally give up hope, but I just can't help but feel what I mentioned earlier.

Ï know Hathaway beat out quite a few other known actresses to get the part and I don't think she worked with Nolan before to my knowledge, so she must've impressed him. I understand everyone's skepticism but I'm gonna save my judgement when I see it. This one looks like its gonna have a great story though along with a badass villain. Could very well be better than the last. Possibly....