The Dark Knight Rises ~ USE SPOILER TAGS FOR SPOILERS, NO OPEN SPOILERS

I just saw this movie last night, and I have to say it's one of the best movies ever.

Spoiler:
At first when I saw Batman "Die" I was so sad, but then when I saw him at that cafe that Alfred went to, I was so relieved

lololololol, I brought my dad today to see it (my second time in a week seeing it <3 ) and he had the same reactions.

After seeing it a second time, I liked it even more. One of those movies where you pick up on more details through each viewing. It may have some plot holes here and there but I honestly don't know how people could say it was bad. The story, action and acting more then make up for any downfalls. Def the best movie of the year and is amazing in IMAX.

Spoiler:
i actually thought batman died. like it showed them at his funeral after. why would they be at a funeral if he survived? i thought at that cafe part that alfred was just imagining that bruce was there. i sure couldnt have suvived that bomb exploding.

mabey i just need to go see it again.

Spoiler:
i actually thought batman died. like it showed them at his funeral after. why would they be at a funeral if he survived? i thought at that cafe part that alfred was just imagining that bruce was there. i sure couldnt have suvived that bomb exploding.

Spoiler:
I was wandering the same thing cause it showed him flying the bat right before it blew up, so I figured maybe it was an inception style ending where it's however you interprit it. After the second time I saw it, I noticed more things that made i obvious he was still alive. For one, mechanics told Lucious that the auto pilot had been fixed by bruce wayne 6 months prior, then the bat spotlight was suddently fixed when Gordan found it, they hinted that the necklace was still missing along with the tracking device (clue on how Alfred can find him). Also when they show him in the bat, its so close up that you cant tell where he is actually flying. He could've been in an escape pod or it was just trickery of time. Def very clear he survived after noticing all of those things though.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Maybe Bruce wanted things to cool down first before making his return. Because I doubt Alfred would imagine Bruce with Selina. If anything Alfred would imagine Bruce with some random woman or something.

Spoiler:
I was wandering the same thing cause it showed him flying the bat right before it blew up, so I figured maybe it was an inception style ending where it's however you interprit it. After the second time I saw it, I noticed more things that made i obvious he was still alive. For one, mechanics told Lucious that the auto pilot had been fixed by bruce wayne 6 months prior, then the bat spotlight was suddently fixed when Gordan found it, they hinted that the necklace was still missing along with the tracking device (clue on how Alfred can find him). Also when they show him in the bat, its so close up that you cant tell where he is actually flying. He could've been in an escape pod or it was just trickery of time. Def very clear he survived after noticing all of those things though.

Spoiler:
so did batman swim like 6 miles in a few seconds? ok heres my real question:

if bruce survived, then why did alfred say "i failed you" at his funeral (that they shouldnt have had if he survived)? i might see this happening if he didnt know he survived. but this brings me to my next question...

if alfred didnt know bruce survived until that cafe part, then why didnt he react or say or do anything?? like hes bruce wayne. everyone around him would be reacting somehow.

and i dont remember bruce fixing the autopilot when he was down in that hole with a broken back. i dont know. again mabey i need to watch it again and see what i missed.

Spoiler:

if bruce survived, then why did alfred say "i failed you" at his funeral (that they shouldnt have had if he survived)? i might see this happening if he didnt know he survived. but this brings me to my next question...

if alfred didnt know bruce survived until that cafe part, then why didnt he react or say or do anything?? like hes bruce wayne. everyone around him would be reacting somehow.

and i dont remember bruce fixing the autopilot when he was down in that hole with a broken back. i dont know. again mabey i need to watch it again and see what i missed.

Spoiler:
Well sir, alfred said "I failed you" before they showed bruce wayne and selina klye.

Also with the cafe part, alfred was in Florence (Italy maybe, I don't know where Florence is) so the people might not have been paying attention to Bruce or Gotham city at all. So that would mean they didn't recognize him or that they didn't know he was dead.

Of course he didn't fix the autopilot when his back was broken because he fixed it six months prior, which I'm guessing is before he fought Bane.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I think Batman was inside an escape pod while the bomb went off, he probably should have ejected when he blasted those buildings.

At the time of his funeral Alfred didn't know Bruce was alive, he only came to know when he went on his yearly holiday trip to Florence.

He didn't react at the cafe scene because if you remember at the beginning, it was Alfred's fantasy to see Bruce with a wife and kids there, but he said they wouldn't speak to each other but they would both know Bruce had made it, so Bruce was just re-enacting it.

Spoiler:
Talia's death scene. god that was cheezy.

Spoiler:
lol yea, what got to me the most was the lame acting, she jerks her head and closes her eyes like its some sort of cartoon.

Spoiler:

Yeah I would say you just definitely missed a lot of the clues. Its one of those movies where you have to catch certain parts of dialogue.

Spoiler:
You think there will be a Robin trilogy now? Considering at the end of the movie he entered the batcave

Also for some reason I was excepting the old batman theme song from the 60's to be in the end credits.

Spoiler:
You think there will be a Robin trilogy now? Considering at the end of the movie he entered the batcave

Also for some reason I was excepting the old batman theme song from the 60's to be in the end credits.

I expected there to be at least one allusion to anything from any of the old Batman movies and the only one I can find was

Spoiler:
at the end of the movie when Batman is trying to get rid of the bomb like in the infamous scene from the 1960's Batman, somedays you can't get rid of a bomb

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I dont think so. And I really wouldnt want it either. I'm pretty sure they just left it open for you to assume he eventually did alot of cool stuff that you will never see and I'm ok with that.

And he will most likely don the batsuit and become the next batman. But after thinking about it. Joseph Gordon Levitt doesnt have the backbone to be batman. Even in the movie Hesher where he played the role of a tough guy, he still had that kindness to him. Maybe when he's older I guess. And I'm sure he has to do alot of years of training to become a good sucessor to batman. He does make a perfect Robin though, so maybe he will get a different costume and not go by the name batman. It's all up to the viewer I guess. I thank Nolan for actually leaving something for the viewers to decide. He usually explains everything, but here he did not and it worked great.

I expected there to be at least one allusion to anything from any of the old Batman movies and the only one I can find was

Spoiler:
at the end of the movie when Batman is trying to get rid of the bomb like in the infamous scene from the 1960's Batman, somedays you can't get rid of a bomb

Spoiler:
I wish they would have included the line "somedays you can't get rid of a bomb" in the movie.
cmon it would have been so perfect and a nice quick homage to the adam west movie.