The Dark Knight Rises ~ USE SPOILER TAGS FOR SPOILERS, NO OPEN SPOILERS

Anne Hathaway was OKAY. I'm sure someone else could have done better. If she wasn't in the movie, I don't think it would have been any less good. At times, she just felt like...there.

Spoiler:
I suppose that catwoman wasnt really needed in this movie. But its always nice to incorperate classic batman characters and it didnt make the movie any worse to have her. But I agree with Eks about the lack of backstory she had, but at the same time it wasnt really needed either. Although, I kinda like the fact that Bruce and her get together at the end. So all is good.

Shirayuki Mizore said:
Overall, movie was great. 10/10 for sure. Not the greatest movie of all time like lots are saying but it's definitely deserved of the praise it's getting. Loved it.

I personally wouldnt give it a 10/10
Maybe cause I went and saw it again for a second time today. Without the hype and excitment to interfere with what I really think about it. Still a good movie, but the flaws show.

But seeing it again reminded me. Please dont spoil this movie for anyone people. I went in knowing nothing about what was going to happen. I stayed away from all reviews and people who had seen it online. The plot twists and the climax and ending left me in shock, and I'm just imagining how much less I would have liked it if I had already known what was going to happen. And if you havnt seen this movie and you want to and you are still checking the spoil boxes....go die.

Also I can't believe parents take their 6 year-old kids to see this movie!

This movie was FAR from appropriate for kids!

Truly deserving of a PG-13 rating.

Spoiler:
Quick question for you all. Would you have been ok with batman actually dying at the end? Would you accept that and think no less of the movie? I loved what they did at the real ending better, but I would have still been ok with batman sacrificing himself.

Maybe its cause the whole bomb thing reminded me of the end to the iron giant. I love that freaking movie. Hell, they even made a statue in memory of both the giant and batman.

Spoiler:
And I know I cant be the only one who thought of this during the ending too
6dIl7.gif

Spoiler:
Quick question for you all. Would you have been ok with batman actually dying at the end? Would you accept that and think no less of the movie? I loved what they did at the real ending better, but I would have still been ok with batman sacrificing himself.

Maybe its cause the whole bomb thing reminded me of the end to the iron giant. I love that freaking movie. Hell, they even made a statue in memory of both the giant and batman.

Spoiler:
Him living was cliche. I knew he was going to live after the autopilot being mentioned so much so him dying would have been a nice twist, letting Robin take over.

So I would be cool either way.

Spoiler:
I don't think you can really know, the whole fingerprint thing was about Bane giving some guy what he wanted in exchange for money. Aka letting him take over Wayne enterprises. And a way for catwoman and bruce wayne to meet.

I think your thinking too deeply about the fingerprints. They were just a plot ploy to get characters intertwined, and for batman to lose some leverage when it comes to money. I didn't see any hint of fingerprints having to do with "The Bat" aka batwing.

Because you CLEARLY see batman still flying the plane at 5 seconds left... perhaps something ment to be left up to the imagination.

Spoiler:
I think I got it. During one of the final scenes a scientist informs Lucious Fox that the autopilot feature in The Bat was fixed six months ago, indicating Bruce had done it himself and I think he escaped The Bat during the initial blast on some buildings still at Gotham city and the scene quickly switches to Blake and the kids on the bridge. I think he did it for both clearing a path for the autopilot to navigate itself without any risks and to cover his escape and perhaps he was actually piloting a different tumbler from then on since it was indicated that there are multiple tumblers.

What got me confused however was when the scientist informed Fox that there was nothing wrong with the autopilot, he had mentioned some authorization via fingerprints if I remember correctly. Got to watch it again to find out for sure.

Also I can't believe parents take their 6 year-old kids to see this movie!

This movie was FAR from appropriate for kids!

Truly deserving of a PG-13 rating.

ehm, its intense, but I thought TDK pushed the violence even further. For a movie that kids are going to see that is. Cmon, the joker pretty much broadcasted a live snuff film to the entire city. They cut away from it, but it was still implied. Where TDKR was violent in a different way. More like a mini war film at times. Still implying violent acts, but not so much like TDK.

Maybe will get a more detailed extended version eventually

ehm, its intense, but I thought TDK pushed the violence even further. For a movie that kids are going to see that is. Cmon, the joker pretty much broadcasted a live snuff film to the entire city. They cut away from it, but it was still implied. Where TDKR was violent in a different way. More like a mini war film at times. Still implying violent acts, but not so much like TDK.

Maybe will get a more detailed extended version eventually

I have to see TDK again. I haven't seen it in forever.

I just felt with all the killing and especially Bane himself, it's not appropriate for a child. I hate seeing police officers die so Bane and his goons got me really angry lol

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I actually would have liked it if they pulled another inception here, during the scene where Alfred is sitting at the cafe and looks at the camera and just nods without them switching scenes and showing that Bruce and Selina was there. Leave it to the viewers imagination to decide whether he actually died or not.

Spoiler:
I actually would have liked it if they pulled another inception here, during the scene where Alfred is sitting at the cafe and looks at the camera and just nods without them switching scenes and showing that Bruce and Selina was there. Leave it to the viewers imagination to decide whether he actually died or not.

Spoiler:
first time I saw it I actually thought they were breaking the 4th wall.

But yeah I would have been ok with it. But some people might not have got the connection and wouldnt have accepted leaving it to their imaginations as well. So I think they did something that could satisfy everyone.

I thought Rises was fairly good, but had some plot holes and other problems that made it weaker than the other two.

I won't spoil anything huge, but I will say that the politics are a bit confusing, and while Anne Hathaway was a pretty good Catwoman there wasn't much reason for the character to be in this thing at all. And don't even get me started on Bane's voice... *facepalm*

I will admit, I kinda wanted his Hispanic voice in there but his voice was a little thing to me. His character though :love:

There were certainly times that he was hard to understand, but, overall, his voice was fecking awesome, imo, and he wasn't made to be a pussy. He was a real threat <3

How the hell could anyone gripe over Bane's voice? It was awesome.

It sounded badass. Like a scarier darth vader. Best part when he was fighting him the first time.

but at some parts he doesnt speak quite as clear. Not all, but some. I didnt have too hard of a time understanding him, but people who arent exactly sucked into the movie as much probably will have a harder time. So I can see where alot of criticism is coming from and I really cant defend his voice during certain parts. They could have done a little better editing.

Hell yeah agreed. Also

Spoiler:
At the end I wished that Superman would have saved Batman for some reason. Like to give a promo to the Man of Steel but hey I was just dreaming is all

Spoiler:
At the end I wished that Superman would have saved Batman for some reason. Like to give a promo to the Man of Steel but hey I was just dreaming is all

LOL NO!!

and thank you Tom Hardy for being a badass and staying true to your role unlike that little b!tch Topher Grace who though we actually wanted to see his face at all times in spiderman 3.

Spoiler:
But I liked how you could see his real face for a few seconds in the flashback though. Much like how we saw Heath Ledger's unpainted face when he was dressed up as a cop in TDK. Thats always cool