The Dark Knight Rises ~ USE SPOILER TAGS FOR SPOILERS, NO OPEN SPOILERS

I just finished watching the movie it's very different than the the dark knight but that doesn't make it a bad thing. i'm not going to drop any bombs but there are some unexpected surprises and Nolan does a nice job of tying all 3 films together. If you are a fan of batman begins you'll love the fan service I need time to watch it again before I give my review but as it stands it's a solid 8.5 out of 10.

Completely agreed with them being different movies. I would say the dark knight was more of an action thriller movie while this one was more of an epic war movie. Both have their advantages so I can't decide which one I like more. At least not just yet. Either way, fans will be very happy.

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Discussion

But I have a feeling The Dark Knight Rises will make me care for the Batman character and backstory again. Its the last one and it will probably bring back alot of meaningfull things.

saw TDKR and i'm glad that my hopes came true.

This movie is amazing and I was in awe at the end of it. It proved me wrong on many levels, all my doubts were pushed away. I actually liked Hathaway by the end of it too.

So I've mentioned some things I didnt like about The Dark Knight. And I still stand true to them. But I've learned to realize that TDK was the filler movie of the series, and it was The Joker's Movie, more so than Batman's. TDKR is the final film where Batman is triumphant and you really care for him and his story again. They make this character epic again in no way I've seen potrayed before.

And Bane, well his voice can be hard to understand at times, But I assure you he is an effective and menacing villain. While not as eccentric as the Joker, he certainly does add fear to every scene he is in. Much like the Joker, you love it every time you see him on screen. And trust me, you are going to love the one on one fights this guy brings.

Just a great film.

Last edited:
^ Yeah, I just made a thread about it

From what I hear, some children and even a baby were injured in the shooting

Honestly, I'm appalled by whoever decided to do this

Saw the movie, it was awesome, I loved it. Solid 9/10 from me. What I loved most about it was the fact they turned the limelight back on Bruce Wayne and Batman.Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway did justice to their roles as well.

At the same time the movie isn't without it's flaws, there were certain things and details which I would have liked to see which would have made it a perfect movie IMO. I will probably discuss them later when more people have seen the movie cause I don't feel like putting anything revealing about the movie here, even with spoiler tags.

All in all this is THE movie I was waiting for a long time and this is a movie no one should ever miss.

^ Yeah, I just made a thread about it

From what I hear, some children and even a baby were injured in the shooting

Honestly, I'm appalled by whoever decided to do this

Yes and it's pissing me off that the majority of the focus is on kids being at the showing. I like how when something as terrible as this happens people show how stupid they can be. regardless of why the kids where at the showing of a "superhero" movie they were and it's sad that they'll have future mental health problems because they went to see batman.

I also see people asking how this might change things and being attacked by people basically telling them that this is so unlikely to happen again that they need to brush it off like nothing happened. What does everyone think?

I think.
Although I agree that's it's unlikely to happen everyday it could happen at any time and people showing concern for their own/families safety is a good thing.

ok, I like this movie cause its for the Batman fans.

If you saw TDK just cause it was big at the time and never saw batman begins, you arent gonna enjoy this as much. In fact, theres little connection between this movie and TDK even. Besides Harvey Dent's death and batman quitting, its not all that related to it. Theres alot of throwbacks to the first film and I loved that.

ok, I like this movie cause its for the Batman fans.

If you saw TDK just cause it was big at the time and never saw batman begins, you arent gonna enjoy this as much. In fact, theres little connection between this movie and TDK even. Besides Harvey Dent's death and batman quitting, its not all that related to it. Theres alot of throwbacks to the first film and I loved that.
Agreed, I too feel that people who legitimately liked and appreciated Batman's origin story in Batman Begins back in 2005 are the ones who will enjoy this movie to the maximum. Anyone who hasn't seen Batman Begins, I really recommend that you do before watching TDKR or else you will be missing out on a lot.

At the same time the movie isn't without it's flaws, there were certain things and details which I would have liked to see which would have made it a perfect movie IMO.

I agree that some things could have been more fleshed out. But man, this movie is long as hell.
Maybe we will get to see an extended edition someday. Like LOTR.

SPOILER
Spoiler:
scenes that I believe could have been shown into more detail are the montage scenes where the city is in lockdown and people are going crazy, not chaotic and dramatic enough. I know some may like things to be more left to the imagination, but this movie series is known for going into almost every detail and explaining things. And I was a little dissapointed that they didnt do this of all the perfect times to do it. In fact the movie felt a little empty at times. I know the people were supposed to be hiding for the most part, but still. It felt a little too movie set like at times. I think they were able to pull off a chaotic city atmosphere better in TDK.

but still, despite some problem, that didnt make the film bad in any way.
I think I may have enjoyed this one the best out of all 3.

I agree that some things could have been more fleshed out. But man, this movie is long as hell.
Maybe we will get to see an extended edition someday. Like LOTR.

SPOILER
Spoiler:
scenes that I believe could have been shown into more detail are the montage scenes where the city is in lockdown and people are going crazy, not chaotic and dramatic enough. I know some may like things to be more left to the imagination, but this movie series is known for going into almost every detail and explaining things. And I was a little dissapointed that they didnt do this of all the perfect times to do it. In fact the movie felt a little empty at times. I know the people were supposed to be hiding for the most part, but still. It felt a little too movie set like at times. I think they were able to pull off a chaotic city atmosphere better in TDK.

but still, despite some problem, that didnt make the film bad in any way.
I think I may have enjoyed this one the best out of all 3.

*** SPOILER ALERT***

Spoiler:
Yes, very much agreed on that, the dramatic vibe was better in TDK, here it just seemed like the entire city is slapped with a curfew and people are all huddled in their homes.

Although the movie was long, there were some areas that I felt were a bit rushed especially with Bruce's time at the prison. I feel it should have been drawn out a bit, it felt like he got out of the prison in a matter of days when in fact he was there for about 5 months. I would have loved to see him struggle through a bit more.

Ras Al Ghul's cameo was an amazing throwback, especially how he emphasized that he was immortal. However I wanted him to be a source of inspiration for Bruce during his re-training, eventhough they eventually became enemies, the ideals taught to Bruce by Ras was one of the factors what ultimately led him to become Batman. Eventhough the guy was evil, the good side of him could have appeared in Bruce's hallucinations motivating him to train like how he did at the beginning.

Another thing which I didn't really like were the 'quick fixes' to certain things, main example being how Bruce's protruding spine was punched back into position lol. Talking about his backbone, it would have been a lot more heart wrenching if they actually showed the part of his bone sticking out, it would have added a lot to the 'struggle factor' IMO.

Lastly the fight although the fight scenes between Batman and Bane were pretty intense, I expected a bit more, more longer close combat action with some good martial arts techniques. This maybe just the martial artist in me, but I felt it was lacking a bit, but still not too bad.

These weren't really big problems though, just that for me it fell back abit short on being the perfect movie.

*** SPOILER ALERT***

Spoiler:
Yes, very much agreed on that, the dramatic vibe was better in TDK, here it just seemed like the entire city is slapped with a curfew and people are all huddled in their homes.

Although the movie was long, there were some areas that I felt were a bit rushed especially with Bruce's time at the prison. I feel it should have been drawn out a bit, it felt like he got out of the prison in a matter of days when in fact he was there for about 5 months. I would have loved to see him struggle through a bit more.

Ras Al Ghul's cameo was an amazing throwback, especially how he emphasized that he was immortal. However I wanted him to be a source of inspiration for Bruce during his re-training, eventhough they eventually became enemies, the ideals taught to Bruce by Ras was one of the factors what ultimately led him to become Batman. Eventhough the guy was evil, the good side of him could have appeared in Bruce's hallucinations motivating him to train like how he did at the beginning.

Another thing which I didn't really like were the 'quick fixes' to certain things, main example being how Bruce's protruding spine was punched back into position lol. Talking about his backbone, it would have been a lot more heart wrenching if they actually showed the part of his bone sticking out, it would have added a lot to the 'struggle factor' IMO.

Lastly the fight although the fight scenes between Batman and Bane were pretty intense, I expected a bit more, more longer close combat action with some good martial arts techniques. This maybe just the martial artist in me, but I felt it was lacking a bit, but still not too bad.

These weren't really big problems though, just that for me it fell back abit short on being the perfect movie.

I agree on all of them.

But, on the bright side, there is no major physical problems that makes the movie worse exactly. Only potential things that could have been added on to great scenes to make them better are the problem.

ames said:

wrong thread buckaroo. Yes a bad incident, but doesnt contribute to this thread about the movie itself.
But that is messed up cause I love that graphic novel and remember that part.

I wasn't disappointed with this movie, but it wasn't anywhere near as good as its predecessors. When I saw Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and even the Avengers, I left the theater with this sense of excitement, awe and inspiration. The only point that I was excited during this movie was the ending where they offer some cool, tense moments.

Spoiler:
I don't like that they strayed WAY off of the canon of Bane's origins. The twist with Talia was interesting, but would've been a lot better if it hadn't been intertwined with Bane's backstory.

TDKR exceeded any expectation I had. I accidentally read a stratigically placed YT comment on the 18th saying that
Spoiler:
Ra's had survived and was running the whole show, when of course he wasn't,

and was really, really, downcast that the big surprise had been ruined for me. It wasn't.

Spoiler:
When Miranda revealed herself as Talia and as the mastermind, my jaw dropped. Seriously. Did not see that coming.

And it's probably the only movie I've seen so far that had me really, really emotionally invested in it. I was gripping my seat to stop from screaming in defiance when
Spoiler:
Fox looked like he was about to drown.

And I was stunned when
Spoiler:
the bomb went off and "killed" Bats. Then began grinning like a madman when it was revealed he hadn't died. And was living it up in Italy with Selina!.
And Alfred was great, Michael Caine at his best, and of course, Gordon-Levitt did a really good job.

All in all, a fantastic ending to a fantastic trilogy.

wrong thread buckaroo. Yes a bad incident, but doesnt contribute to this thread about the movie itself.
But that is messed up cause I love that graphic novel and remember that part.

Is there a thread for it? I looked and couldn't find one which is why I posted that here.

Just got back from seeing it.

BEST MOVIE EVER

That is all.

No, wait, my husbands were both absolutely awesome, but I think my husband, Tom, was a lot better. What I would give for one night, Tom. ONE NIGHT.

Okay, that is all.

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Discussion

Seriously, it isn't cool to ruin movies for people so just don't do it. A lot of people have waited a long time for this so don't be a dick.

thought this was pretty funny.
Spoiler:
zlq0f.jpg

Spoiler:
USSCrazyBat said:
When Miranda revealed herself as Talia and as the mastermind, my jaw dropped. Seriously. Did not see that coming.

Well, despite her fake name being miranda, I knew that she was supposed to be Talia. That spoiler was out for along time. However, during the movie I thought nolan was just using Talia as a filler character and pretty much ruining her by changing her the whole movie. So even if I knew she was supposed to be Talia, I was surprised they went and made her the villain like she was supposed to be and I give thanks to Nolan for once again proving me wrong with this film

I have to say, though:

Spoiler:
I was totally sold on Blake being Terry McGinnis. I was surprised he turned out to be Robin. Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Also, they showed the Man of Steel trailer and everyone cheered, lol.