Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot

ND4

I don't know about anyone else, but it always made me sad when Bi-Han was killed. I know he deserved SOMETHING for murdering Scorpion, but hey its Mortal Kombat, so Scorpion kiling him was to be expected. But, then what really makes me upset is when Kuai Lang, comes to avenge his brother, but along the way is forced to fight his best friend who is now a cyborg slave of the Lin Kuei, has to fight Ermac. Then, when he finally defeats Scorpion and is about to get revenge for Bi-han, the spectre escapes as cyborgs stun Sub-Zero and capture him. Thanks Raidan, its not like you just lost one of your strongest fighters or anything.

Then, I know you might call me a sissy but this moment made me feel terrible for Kuai Lang. That moment being when Cyber-Sub Zero meets Noob in the graveyard, and even after all the stuff Sub-Zero has went through to avenge his brother's untimley death, his now wraith brother has the balls to say. "We share blood, we are NOT brothers." Then, even though Sub-Zero says' You are right, we are not siblings' after the fight, I still feel somewhere deep down he is saddended at what his brother has become.

Do you guys think that thier was any way for Sub-Zero to save Bi-Han? Let's say he was at the tournament with him, would he have been able to stop Scorpion from killing his brother? Do you think if the two meet up again, Sub-Zero will show no mercy to his brother and vice versa? What do you think of the two brother's relationship?

Noob is evil incarnate, but Bi-Han still exists within him.
In Noob's MKA ending Bi-Han battled Noob for control of their shared soul, but one side couldn't beat the other, and a new combined form of Bi-Han was created
As far as we know, Noob could have died, become stronger, or fused with his SZ side in the Soulnado...

I agree with you 100%. I felt really bad for Kuai Liang and I felt worse for Liu Kang. All for the same reasons you stated above ND4 about Kuai Liang. But for Liu Kang, I felt terrible. He beat Shang Tsung, and Shao Kahn and then he should feel relieved but all of our favorite kharacters and his friends die. All for nothing. And then he dies trying to make everything right, even though he was wrong.

WHO WITH ME! MK9 STORY IS THE BEST!!!!! Seriously, what other FIGHTING game makes you feel bad for the kharacters?!

I agree with you 100%. I felt really bad for Kuai Liang and I felt worse for Liu Kang. All for the same reasons you stated above ND4 about Kuai Liang. But for Liu Kang, I felt terrible. He beat Shang Tsung, and Shao Kahn and then he should feel relieved but all of our favorite kharacters and his friends die. All for nothing. And then he dies trying to make everything right, even though he was wrong.

WHO WITH ME! MK9 STORY IS THE BEST!!!!! Seriously, what other FIGHTING game makes you feel bad for the kharacters?!

I agree with you my friend! I felt Liu Kang because of Raidan's careless actions, he was slowly losing it and so when Raidan decided to let Shao Khan win, what was left of his sanity was gone by that point. He felt nothing but hatred for Raiden and even though the heros still 'prevailed' in the end, I feel Liu Kang could have defeated Shao Kahn if Raiden hadn't killed him.

I wish thier were more stories focusing on how Bi-Han was with Kuai Lang before Scorpion killed him.

yeah they shit all over subzero in this game. to me scorpion is a whine ass. he is a ninja, what the hell did he think he was signing up for? ninjas die its in the job discription!

but yeah they screwed subzero in this game. if sub aint in mk10 i aint getting it. but the again this game covers mk 1 thru 3. classic sub was in umk3 so maybe we see him again. personally i hated csz. he looked cool but i hate how he plays.

im willing to bet kai will be the hero in the next game. Why the hell would they do that to sub tho. i woulda rathr seen robo smoke than see sub get turned in to a predator rip off

*Nods. Maybe we can have a prequal game in how Noob- trains with Sub-Zero and what Kuai did during SZ:M, and the game ends with Scorpion killing Bi-han.

well tbh I actually like things as they are. RockHardMilkGun is right: "Noob is evil incarnate, but Bi-Han still exists within him". I'd find it interesting though if Scorpion realized he has nothing against the younger Subzero and befriend him or at least be neutral to him and have all the hatred still for Noob Saibot now rather than hating any blue ninja like the bull hates red

Well Sub-Zero is my least favorite character but I like the Bi Han one so I hope Noob comes back. Kuai? Meh I could care less :S

I would like sub z's ending to become canonical to some degree, something like scorpion strikes a deal to arrange a fight between kuai liang and bi han to restore bi hans soul as atonement for killing bi han. In return sub zero could agree to help scorpion find his family's true killer (revealed to him by quan chi, but unknown to him that it is quan chi)
Well Idk something like that.

I wish thier were more stories focusing on how Bi-Han was with Kuai Lang before Scorpion killed him.

total agreement. have a sort of spin off like mk:szm focusing on the two brothers.
p.s.- mk:szm is still one of my favorite games. still play it religiously. [i also loved quan chi and shinnok in that game]; NRS could even use these two villians for this games' story.

Man, I play MK for the story! I picked up MK vs. DC and said, wait, this game has a story mode? And that was the start of a glorious obsession. Yes, I started with DC. Say what you will. But yeah, the story is amazing. Even the little characters. Even 'gags' Hsu Hao. He deserved to die in MKDA. When Jax killed him, that was a total plus for me.