Super Smash Bros

Sky, that's actually incorrect. Mewtwo was never replaced by Lucario and was actually seriously planned for Brawl (a ton of his unused data is on Brawl's disc, he had his own voice files, victory theme, Classic ending picture, scrapped Wiimote soundfile, scrapped Final Smash, announcer file, and he also would have most likely been slightly buffed). As a matter of fact, he was actually nearly completed for Brawl.

Like in the original Smash on the 64, the main reason he was cut was because of time constraints. He's decently requested all over the world, iconic and the devs seem to favor 1st gen over the others, so he has a very strong chance of making it back.

And contrary to popular belief, newer =/= guaranteed. If so, Krystal from Star Fox would have gotten in over Wolf and the 4th gen starter Pokemon would have been the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon instead of the Kanto starters.

I think the name will be something that highlights the interconnectivity between the two versions.

Last edited:
If it atleast has melee's hard gravity physics I'd be down. Oh and no random tripping.

I've already accepted I'll never get another diamond like Melee probably as long as I live.

Here is to hoping the new title isn't another huge dissappointment.

I've always kind of wanted to play as Grey Fox >.>;; but Snake making a return is iffy.

If it atleast has melee's hard gravity physics I'd be down. Oh and no random tripping.
hard gravity is what really made captain falcon so good to me. Not just his spikes, but the fact that you could pull off his crit-knee charge without even having to get a running start most of the time. you could simply drop down form a low platform and if your timing was right "BAM" you land on your opponent's head with a knee smash.

hard gravity is what really made captain falcon so good to me. Not just his spikes, but the fact that you could pull off his crit-knee charge without even having to get a running start most of the time. you could simply drop down form a low platform and if your timing was right "BAM" you land on your opponent's head with a knee smash.

well they made the hitbox smaller on Captain Falcon in brawl for the sweet spot on his knee. (If you were wondering why it was harder to execute)

they also made it so you can't combo into Knee really.

And the fact that you can't l-cancel. Falcon gets punished whenever he knee's a shield.

Brawl turned falcon from tourney viable (Melee) into I believe he was BOTTOM TIER. the VERY WORSE character in brawl (competitively)

yeah The captian sucked in Brawl to me, I was dissapointed in that

I also play ness in Melee, and in brawl his floatiness finnally pays off with that games physics, so I can pick him up easy there unlike captain falcon.

people give ness alot of shit and I can see why, but I've still managed to get his air smashes down. His sideways airial smash kick and head smash are his reddeming values, and I like him for that

yeah The captian sucked in Brawl to me, I was dissapointed in that

I also play ness in Melee, and in brawl his floatiness finnally pays off with that games physics, so I can pick him up easy there unlike captain falcon.

people give ness alot of shit and I can see why, but I've still managed to get his air smashes down. His sideways airial smash kick and head smash are his reddeming values, and I like him for that

I don't know too much about Brawl ness, but I'm assuming he still has his double Jump cancel?

it's essentially you jump then immediately use your double jump so you can do an aerial REALLY close to the ground w/o barely leaving it.

In melee, only Yoshi/ness/Mewtwo had double jump cancels.

it's essentially you jump then immediately use your double jump so you can do an aerial REALLY close to the ground w/o barely leaving it.

yep thats exactly why I like ness, and what I use alot. You ever give ness a try? Cause you seem to know quite a bit about him. I aways assume people are turned away by his awkward gameplay, but he has some good airel smashes

yep thats exactly why I like ness, and what I use alot. You ever give ness a try? Cause you seem to know quite a bit about him. I aways assume people are turned away by his awkward gameplay, but he has some good airel smashes

lol my experience with him is mostly from random picking watching videos/fighting against him.

But he's a cool character, he has REALLY good combos on people(in melee). And his Back air, is like falcon's knee(except not as good lol)

PK fire creates a wall much like sektor's flamethrower in MK9. His Dash attack and Forward Aerial attack have A LOT of priority and shield poke easily.

Even though he's low tier, he's not completely bad.

In Brawl though I understand he's like mid-tier or something lol. So he got buffed! (mainly cuz everyone else got nerfed harder lol)

Mario's cape.

I used to think little of it, but it can actually be a pain in the ass to certain characters causing them to plunge into their death

Mario's cape.

I used to think little of it, but it can actually be a pain in the ass to certain characters causing them to plunge into their death

yeah, not only does it stop "slow zoners" like samus.

but people like Falcon/Marth/Ganon ect. Will get killed if they get caped while recovering lol

if you can get underneat the stage enough though. Falcon/ganon can grab the edge backwards on their up+B so you could go backwards recovery, and when he capes you, you turn around and grab the edge.

If he doesn't cape you. you grab the edge lol. Getting that angle though isn't always possible.

Am I the only one who actually liked Doc in Melee?

he was kinda cool. I liked his pills better than normal mario's fireballs. And when I did play as him, I gave him the black suit.

but really though, he was the most unnecessary character in Melee next to Pichu. If Melee had real alt costumes in addition to color swaps, that's what he should have simply been

and they ****ed up again in brawl by only giving Wario an alt costume, and completly missing their chance to put Dr. Mario in the game. Wario having the only alt in the game = EPIC FAIL

i know he played different, but he was still unnecessary and could have just been a costume IMO
I agree there.

But, to be honest, it's not like they could've made him terribly different from Mario. So at least he had reason to be a clone, unlike a certain someone...

*cough* Ganon *cough*

A costume with different attributes? Thatd be cool.

nah I mean I really just didnt even want him in the game at all, I mean he's different, but we already got luigi who is a semi-clone and I just thought they reached the limit with Mario based fighters when they added Dr. Mario

kinda like how there were too many space furries in Brawl based around fox

Is Luigi really even a semi-clone in Brawl, though?

His moveset is almost completely different from Mario's except for his Up Special and Neutral Special, IIRC.

He was definitely a semi-clone in Melee, though.

nah I mean I really just didnt even want him in the game at all, I mean he's different, but we already got luigi who is a semi-clone and I just thought they reached the limit with Mario based fighters when they added Dr. Mario

kinda like how there were too many space furries in Brawl based around fox

Hmm imma agree if it's meant to put another character in.

But despite falco or ganon being a clone. I love how different their fighting styles are in the game from their clone counterparts.