Super Smash Bros

oh my god! i broke my wii yesterday! haha :p oh well, i'll get a 3DS for christmas, & i'll buy the new SSB!! i hope zelda looks like she did in SSBB, her hair looked gorgeous!! i also use sheik & samus so im hoping they look good too!!

Wii... break?.... How do you break a wii haha? Must have a taken a lot, my friend once accidentally punched a wii off a 2 meter high table into a wall and onto a slate floor and the game didn't even falter. The amount of times I've dragged it onto the ground by pulling a cord accidentally. I didn't know they could be broken.

Wii... break?.... How do you break a wii haha? Must have a taken a lot, my friend once accidentally punched a wii off a 2 meter high table into a wall and onto a slate floor and the game didn't even falter. The amount of times I've dragged it onto the ground by pulling a cord accidentally. I didn't know they could be broken.
Nintendo is pretty good at making their consoles durable, not at all like the Xbox that overheats and breaks if you leave it on for more than an hour.

Am I the only one who hated how Fox look in SSBB?

didnt he look the same like Fox from SSBM? hehe :3 i'll post renders

EDIT:
Foxmelee.jpg

supersmashbrosbrawl.jpg

i like his SSBB look better, the boots are hot <3

here is more notable change:
Zeldamelee.jpg

ZeldaBrawl.jpg

Last edited:
Melee fox looked more like an angry....well.....fox. It worked

brawl fox looks more like a Pomeranian, and had that stupid grin on his face the whole time.

Melee fox looked more like an angry....well.....fox. It worked

brawl fox looks more like a Pomeranian, and had that stupid grin on his face the whole time.

i liked the details on his vest.

EDIT: these are all of Zelda's dresses. i love the blue, pink, & green versions. dark Zelda was ok.

SSBB-Zelda-Colors.jpg

Was Falco in Melee and sorta carried into Brawl but as soon as I saw MetaKnight I knew I had to play him. I also like Charizard and Lucario. Wish you could play as JUST Charizard, he overshadows the other two so badly haha.

EDIT: Also in a similar way to the poster above me, playing Falco in melee was what made me love playing the zoners who can maintain strong control over the opponent and dictate the flow of the game.

I love pokemon trainer and i main him too. I have to disagree that charizard completely doesnt overshadow squirtle and ivysaur.
All 3 of the pokemon are very useful and balanced in their own way. Squirtle is fast and he pulls a decent amount of damage and also with type advantage there isnt a lot of grass type attacks (lipstick, chikorita. etc) but he gets KO'd easily.

Ivysaur, imo, has to be the best of the 3. He is balanced nicely. decent speed, damage and is not KO'd so easily. His grabs are insanely good and can launch someone that has 100%+ when people try to drop on you (ie, Links D+A in the air) just get them back with Bullet Seed and keep him there then try to set them up with a Vine Whip (U+B). Only bad thing is that Ivysaur is weak against fire and there is so much fire based attacks and items that you will be constantly getting gett 10% more push back than all the other pokemon.

Charizard is your heavy hitting power house, but he is very slow. As fun as it is to fly around as him (which i do a lot) his specials arent as good as the others. Rock Smash (F+B) being his best is slow to do and the opponent can see it coming from a mile away. He is great to KO ppl with and his grab is also amazing. A heavy character, very powerful but slow. Due to the lack of water based attacks/Items, Charizard isnt threatened much with his type advantages.

Also with every pokemon they have about 120stamina points which recharge everytime they are not in use. A pokemon loses Stamina every time they use an attack (2pts per attack) and every second they are in use (1pt per second). When a pokemon is KO'd all of your pokemon has there stam recharged. That's why its important to switch every once in awhile. You can check your pokemons Stamina by standing idle and looking at their posture. If a Pokemon is slouching that means its time to switch or suffer a damage and knockback penalty. You can tell when your low on Stamina if the pokemon is slouching.

Also another good tip switching gets rid of some status effects like, being shrunk

I know the whole description wasnt necessary, but not a lot of people knew about the type advantage, Stamina, and switching to get rid of status effects (least i didnt know xP)

@ sal8a

I think squirtle is the best one, he's hard to hit and fast and his shell spin throws people off because its actually a really good shield

Ivysaur has a good up smash that is helpfull in air, and I really dont like charizard in this game, but his rock is a good move

@ sal8a

I think squirtle is the best one, he's hard to hit and fast and his shell spin throws people off because its actually a really good shield

Ivysaur has a good up smash that is helpfull in air, and I really dont like charizard in this game, but his rock is a good move

yeah that shell spin is really good, until you get knocked off a ledge its going to be hard to recover xP but yeah squirtle is awesome.
I prefer Ivysaur though

I've got a cool way they can bring back the Melee/Brawl clones in SSB4 without them taking up a spot on the roster. How about just making them unlockable alternate skins with some different movesets and animations like Human Cyrax and Sektor in MK9? Like for example, when you select Link, a small box comes up that says "Classic Link, Young Link, Toon Link", "Marth, Roy", "Pikachu, Pichu" ,"Mario, Dr. Mario" or even "Sonic, Shadow" and you can choose which one you want to play as, like in the first DBZ: Budokai where when you selected Gohan you could choose between Kid Gohan, Teen Gohan, and Great Saiyaman.

SSB4 should have alt costumes, too. The closest we've ever gotten to that was Wario in SSBB when you could choose between his WarioWare outfit and his Classic Wario outfit.

Ganondorf needs to stop being a slow Captain Falcon clone and actually use his sword in SSB4.

Knuckles from the Sonic series would really fit the style of SSB. I'd say Tails but it'd be too hard to come up with a moveset for him, so maybe he could be an Assist Trophy and use his Walker from Sonic Adventure 2 as a weapon. Same thing for Dr. Robotnik (don't like Eggman as much).

Viewtiful Joe and Mega Man need to be added into SSB4, too. That'd be almost a perfect Smash experience.

I've got a cool way they can bring back the Melee/Brawl clones in SSB4 without them taking up a spot on the roster. How about just making them unlockable alternate skins with some different movesets and animations like Human Cyrax and Sektor in MK9? Like for example, when you select Link, a small box comes up that says "Classic Link, Young Link, Toon Link", "Marth, Roy", "Pikachu, Pichu" ,"Mario, Dr. Mario" or even "Sonic, Shadow" and you can choose which one you want to play as, like in the first DBZ: Budokai where when you selected Gohan you could choose between Kid Gohan, Teen Gohan, and Great Saiyaman.

SSB4 should have alt costumes, too. The closest we've ever gotten to that was Wario in SSBB when you could choose between his WarioWare outfit and his Classic Wario outfit.

Ganondorf needs to stop being a slow Captain Falcon clone and actually use his sword in SSB4.

Knuckles from the Sonic series would really fit the style of SSB. I'd say Tails but it'd be too hard to come up with a moveset for him, so maybe he could be an Assist Trophy and use his Walker from Sonic Adventure 2 as a weapon. Same thing for Dr. Robotnik (don't like Eggman as much).

Viewtiful Joe and Mega Man need to be added into SSB4, too. That'd be almost a perfect Smash experience.

Mhm! i agree with this. I have always wondered why is it that only Wario was able to have alternate costumes.

I also agree with Ganondorf using his sword. everytime i do the taunt with him taking out his sword i always think to myself why doesnt he just use it. it would be a very interesting change for him.

Mhm! i agree with this. I have always wondered why is it that only Wario was able to have alternate costumes.

I also agree with Ganondorf using his sword. everytime i do the taunt with him taking out his sword i always think to myself why doesnt he just use it. it would be a very interesting change for him.
I'd love to able to impale Zelda with Ganondorf's sword. lol

I also got some more stuff on my wishlist. I've been thinking about what was missing from Melee in Brawl, and it came to me: SSB4 really needs a much better intro than what Brawl had. I was blown away by the intros in SSB64 and in SSBM when I first saw them. Remember the "SUPER SMAAAASSHHHH BR
OTHERRRRRSSSS!!!" from the first game?

Brawl lacked the spirit of the last 2 Smash Bros. games presentation-wise, and that should be fixed for SSB4.

Last edited:
Brawl is insanely fun, but I kinda hate how much they powered down Samus from Melee. Something small but insanely anooying to me is how her Down + B bombs hardly do any damage/push back anymore. That move made recovering with someone camping the edge of the map a breaze in melee.

in an atempt to keep this thread alive, I want people to post their character ideas for the next Smash Bros game Here's one of my ideas

MASK LINK
Toon Link has got to go, the worst example of a pointless clone. If they want an alternate Link, they outta make him unique. This Link would be based on the Majora's Mask version. Where he could transform into different species with different abilities. Much like Pokemon Trainer, this Link has 3 different characters in one that can be swapped out.This time when they put on a different mask. All with their own Moveset.
(please not the moves are not complete, just Ideas)

DEKU LINK
majora_dekulink_thumb.jpg

the light wieght/speed of the Links

Spit bubble projectile
flower-helecopter hover
deku nut drop (while hovering)
special unique nut shell(much like Yoshi's shield)

GORON LINK
majora_goronlink_thumb.jpg

heavy weight and brute force of the Links

rolling ball attack
charge fire punch
ground pound

ZORA LINK
majora_zoralink_thumb.jpg

ranged attacks and overall agerage of the Links

Boomerang Fin
cant think of much else yet

FINAL SMASH - FIERCE DIETY LINK
majora_oni_link-.jpg

plays alot like Normal Link, except on steroids,(Think Wario man final, except with Link) can shoot beams out of his sword too. and can hover like peach just for the hell of it and it would look cool

in an atempt to keep this thread alive, I want people to post their character ideas for the next Smash Bros game Here's one of my ideas

MASK LINK
Toon Link has got to go, the worst example of a pointless clone. If they want an alternate Link, they outta make him unique. This Link would be based on the Majora's Mask version. Where he could transform into different species with different abilities. Much like Pokemon Trainer, this Link has 3 different characters in one that can be swapped out.This time when they put on a different mask. All with their own Moveset.
(please not the moves are not complete, just Ideas)

DEKU LINK
majora_dekulink_thumb.jpg

the light wieght/speed of the Links

Spit bubble projectile
flower-helecopter hover
deku nut drop (while hovering)
special unique nut shell(much like Yoshi's shield)

GORON LINK
majora_goronlink_thumb.jpg

heavy weight and brute force of the Links

rolling ball attack
charge fire punch
ground pound

ZORA LINK
majora_zoralink_thumb.jpg

ranged attacks and overall agerage of the Links

Boomerang Fin
cant think of much else yet

FINAL SMASH - FIERCE DIETY LINK
majora_oni_link-.jpg

plays alot like Normal Link, except on steroids,(Think Wario man final, except with Link) can shoot beams out of his sword too. and can hover like peach just for the hell of it and it would look cool

I really like your idea. that would be something very fun to see/play as

I love melee, I hate brawl. It got rid of all the depth and flashy combos and the game is way slower. I put my brawl disc in the microwave.

Look up a decade of melee on YouTube, or armada vs drpeepee at poundV

Last edited: