Super Smash Bros

What makes you say that?

From MY EXPERIENCE: Needs L-Canceling because bruh, landing lag is a b-word. Diddy Kong is OP. It needs wave dashing and dash dancing so you can get better spacing. It's so annoying having to roll a lot. The lack of hitstun. It takes FOREVER to kill someone. Bad stages IMO to play on. It just feels chunky and slow.

Again, this is just personal preference. Someone else might love this game for competitive. But personally, I rather just play with friends and dank around with this game.

Expect to see Diddy Kong dittos in the grand finals of EVO.

From MY EXPERIENCE: Needs L-Canceling because bruh, landing lag is a b-word. Diddy Kong is OP. It needs wave dashing and dash dancing so you can get better spacing. It's so annoying having to roll a lot. The lack of hitstun. It takes FOREVER to kill someone. Bad stages IMO to play on. It just feels chunky and slow.

Again, this is just personal preference. Someone else might love this game for competitive. But personally, I rather just play with friends and dank around with this game.

Expect to see Diddy Kong dittos in the grand finals of EVO.

Wave dashing will never return, unfortunately, but I understand everything else.

Hitstun in this game doesn't even compare to Melee. But rolling isn't all too bad and is kind of essential to all fighting games (blocking), all stages have an Omega version to them (which I love just because its just different backgrounds of Final Destination), and of course its going to feel slow compared to Melee and PM, but it's WAY better than Brawl.

To some, it's VERY competitive, but you have some points. There's a lot more possibilities than ditto Diddy's though. Maybe Diddy/Little Mac or ditto Macs too.

Wave dashing will never return, unfortunately, but I understand everything else.

Hitstun in this game doesn't even compare to Melee. But rolling isn't all too bad and is kind of essential to all fighting games (blocking), all stages have an Omega version to them (which I love just because its just different backgrounds of Final Destination), and of course its going to feel slow compared to Melee and PM, but it's WAY better than Brawl.

To some, it's VERY competitive, but you have some points. There's a lot more possibilities than ditto Diddy's though. Maybe Diddy/Little Mac or ditto Macs too.

Yeah, but it's so annoying having to roll every few seconds. It can easily get punished when someone reads it.
Yeah, I agree to that, but i just wish there's was more stages that felt legal like the ones in PM and Melee. The fire emblem stage was good for a counter pick but it's only on 3DS.
For real! My gripe is the amount of frame lag it has :/. The game is at a nice pace.
Never really tried to play Brawl competitive because I heard it was horrible. I never tried to "have fun" with it either. It's one of those games i just can't enjoy.

Mac ain't that good in the competitive scene though. I think Sheik is the 2nd best? I don't remember.

Brawl was hella fun casually for me. God damn I must have put over 200 hours into that game. Solo. Because I didn't have any friends.

Now that's dedication. Subspace Emissary forever godlike. Glad Sakurai's bich ass is leaving the Smash team. Dude acts like a spoiled brat with the series. Only he and his close group of dickless wraiths have a say so.

Brawl and Mario Kart are the only reasons why I haven't sold my Wii lol.

I reaaaaalllly want to play the new smash but I don't have a Wii U. I'm thinking about getting one, but my parents say I have "too many consoles", and smash and Mario Kart are probably the only games I'll get. So no Wii U :(. Why are all good games on shit consoles :cry:

Brawl was hella fun casually for me. God damn I must have put over 200 hours into that game. Solo. Because I didn't have any friends.

Now that's dedication. Subspace Emissary forever godlike. Glad Sakurai's bich ass is leaving the Smash team. Dude acts like a spoiled brat with the series. Only he and his close group of dickless wraiths have a say so.

As soon as Sakurai said "I don't want DLC for Smash", I knew he wasn't going to stick around. With a game like this that an installment only comes out once a generation, you need DLC.

I just hope that Mewtwo isn't the only character they have planned.

I feel you Aldo,

With 20XX in Melee, you can practice alot by yourself now. and From our perspective, people who gave melee a very fair chance. It's hard to play Brawl/Smash4.

It's just why play a game that has less options at any given situation. Shield Pressure is pretty much non-existent in Smash4

I think they should take the league approach and make Smash standard 4v4 or 3v3. It'd be more fun to watch and play. LOL for example is boring by itself, you have like 4 moves, and you just kite alot. But in a team, it unlocks alot of depth. I think same could be done for Smash4.

There is so much going on in Melee 1v1, that Teams in Melee would be a chore to watch. It's kind of hard to catch everything in a Melee teams match.

Those team combos though...

Me and Baj :)

yoJC2GCfafi5Hq5b20.gif

I feel you Aldo,

With 20XX in Melee, you can practice alot by yourself now. and From our perspective, people who gave melee a very fair chance. It's hard to play Brawl/Smash4.

It's just why play a game that has less options at any given situation. Shield Pressure is pretty much non-existent in Smash4

I think they should take the league approach and make Smash standard 4v4 or 3v3. It'd be more fun to watch and play. LOL for example is boring by itself, you have like 4 moves, and you just kite alot. But in a team, it unlocks alot of depth. I think same could be done for Smash4.

There is so much going on in Melee 1v1, that Teams in Melee would be a chore to watch. It's kind of hard to catch everything in a Melee teams match.

Those team combos though...

I think I rather stick with PM for now. I started off with Melee but my friends got me into PM. I think what made me stick to PM is custom controllers. I have my X or Y(I forgot) as grab so i can L-Cancel faster. I'm not really good when it comes to L-cancelling with the back buttons.
My friend has 20XX and it has a few glitches. I'll get it in the future.

I love watching Hbox and M2K team up lol.

I don't just don't care for competitive Sm4sh a whole lot. I'll still host tournaments in my town just because I'm the only one who hosts them, and do friendiles but I just can't take it serious.

Who are your mains in each game?
Me and Baj :)

yoJC2GCfafi5Hq5b20.gif

You guys are so mean ._. lol

As soon as Sakurai said "I don't want DLC for Smash", I knew he wasn't going to stick around. With a game like this that an installment only comes out once a generation, you need DLC.

I just hope that Mewtwo isn't the only character they have planned.

Sakurai is a little punk. He dropped the story mode because people saw screenshots for it. And, like you mentioned, no DLC? Come on, man. This game needs DLC to stay relevant. Look at Mario kart 8 and how well they handled DLC.

I think I rather stick with PM for now. I started off with Melee but my friends got me into PM. I think what made me stick to PM is custom controllers. I have my X or Y(I forgot) as grab so i can L-Cancel faster. I'm not really good when it comes to L-cancelling with the back buttons.
My friend has 20XX and it has a few glitches. I'll get it in the future.

I love watching Hbox and M2K team up lol.

I don't just don't care for competitive Sm4sh a whole lot. I'll still host tournaments in my town just because I'm the only one who hosts them, and do friendiles but I just can't take it serious.

Who are your mains in each game?

You guys are so mean ._. lol

In Melee:

1.) Manly Falcon of course
2.) Fox
3.)Marth/Sheik/Zelda/Samus/Link/Falco/
I have a pretty good Bowser too, but nothing I'd bust out in tournament.

in PM:
1.) W/e I feel like will win.
the only non-melee character I use is ZSS

I don't play 64/Smash4/Brawl at all

IMO it sucks you got yourself use to custom controls cuz now you can't easily change back to melee if PM dies.

If you train in Melee, your PM game will get good automatically. It does not do the same in reverse that much.

In Melee:

1.) Manly Falcon of course
2.) Fox
3.)Marth/Sheik/Zelda/Samus/Link/Falco/
I have a pretty good Bowser too, but nothing I'd bust out in tournament.

in PM:
1.) W/e I feel like will win.
the only non-melee character I use is ZSS

I don't play 64/Smash4/Brawl at all

IMO it sucks you got yourself use to custom controls cuz now you can't easily change back to melee if PM dies.

If you train in Melee, your PM game will get good automatically. It does not do the same in reverse that much.

Damn, I didn't know that. I think i might make my controllers normal if i end up switching to Melee. I started off with Melee, competitive Smash wise.

Yo, also, I want to thank you for giving me that link awhile back on Smashboards. I don't think I'd be in the place I'm in now if I didn't find that Waco, Texas thread lol.

Damn, I didn't know that. I think i might make my controllers normal if i end up switching to Melee. I started off with Melee, competitive Smash wise.

Yo, also, I want to thank you for giving me that link awhile back on Smashboards. I don't think I'd be in the place I'm in now if I didn't find that Waco, Texas thread lol.

No problem brother :)

Here's a match from me from the last Waco tournament. I'm using Fox with the ASM tag.

I mos def see where I need to improve lol.
[MENTION=8252]Critical-Limit[/MENTION]

Here's a match from me from the last Waco tournament. I'm using Fox with the ASM tag.

@<u><a href="http://www.trmk.org/forums/member.php?u=8252" target="_blank">Critical-Limit</a></u>

I noticed you had hard time jumping out of shines, just work on nair-shine-nair-shine over and over so people can't shield grab you.

here's the most recent match of me on youtube.

I'm Zone playing marth.

[MENTION=8252]Critical-Limit[/MENTION]

Nice playing! I would love to get into PM's tourney scene. I've only been to 2 PM tournaments, both were just held at a GameTrade store. Most people were noobs, I got into the top 3 on one, but this psycho game and watch in green wrecked me. Laying #9's on me like nothing. He was a professional player. Good times.

PM is just great, still play it all the time with my friends. But then I got this one friend who adores Smash 4 a little too much. Don't get me wrong that game is fun and great to mess around in party wise, but 1v1's no items in smash 4 is boring as sh!t to me and that's all he wants to ever do, like thats what Melee and PM is for.

anyway, 3.6 is gonna be the tits.

Nice playing! I would love to get into PM's tourney scene. I've only been to 2 PM tournaments, both were just held at a GameTrade store. Most people were noobs, I got into the top 3 on one, but this psycho game and watch in green wrecked me. Laying #9's on me like nothing. He was a professional player. Good times.

PM is just great, still play it all the time with my friends. But then I got this one friend who adores Smash 4 a little too much. Don't get me wrong that game is fun and great to mess around in party wise, but 1v1's no items in smash 4 is boring as sh!t to me and that's all he wants to ever do, like thats what Melee and PM is for.

anyway, 3.6 is gonna be the tits.
Thanks, bro!

Start up a community in your town! That's how things started in Waco, Texas. Now we have PM, Smash 4, and Melee players. I wish 64 was more popular though lol. That game is way too much fun.

And I agree with you. There's a lot of people in Waco who love it. It's cool and all but it's gets annoying when they start thinking PM is easier.

Coming back to this since I learned more about the game.
Wave dashing, dash dancing, l canceling, Melee air dodge, etc should come back, lol.

It should have a better hitstun. The hitstu sucks. Rolling too much is bad and boring to watch. There's honestly no fighting games with rolling(Maybe if you count MK9 dash and block). Like I said before, rolls can be read. And who cares? It's just FD with another background. Different stages matter. Melee and PM have great stages. I wish Smash 4 had more options.

I don't think it's VERY competitive as you hype it up to be, but it can be competitive. You have a good point. Since the game has been patched, it may be more than Diddy Kong dittos. But again, who cares? ZeRo's Diddy Kong is still going to win. Little Mac won't be taking a major. From the looks of it, it looks like it might be Sheik, Diddy Kong, or Pikachu. But I still think Diddy Kong is gonna take Evo.

EDIT:
I'm not hating on the game or anything. Like Sky Valley said, it's fun to play with friends and mess around with, party wise. But when it comes to competitive, I rather take Melee, PM, and 64.

Last edited: