Super Smash Bros

New characters played great, but they went overboard on nerfing the good characters from the last game. Especially Captain Falcon.

Maybe Namco can do what HAL couldnt do and balance them out.

@Metal

I've never liked falco honestly. Overplayed by every single person ever in Melee, and pretty mediocre in Brawl.

Last edited:
Every single character? I know you hate Brawl Critical but damn lol

lol dont take his statement too seriously, its more of a joke on how he hates the gameplay. Which I understand.

but yeah Mario and some others were good in Brawl, And they even made a few characters more powerfull like Ness. But like I said, anyone that was considered really good was unnecessarily nerfed alot. The only one that could haved used nerfing was Falco but thats debatable.

Samus, Link, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Fox, Falco, to name a few werent good in Brawl

Last edited:
@Sky- I actually thought that Falco was one of the few characters that I seriously enjoyed playing as in Brawl. I don't think any semi-clone was ever handled as good in Smash as Falco and Luigi were in that gane

I like Ike :love:

Was going to make a joke on how everyone else in online mode says the same thing,
then I realized online mode in Brawl was the worst thing ever and how irrelevant it is to even mention it.

Seriously, you can only play on time mode, what a load of shit. Cant really blame the developers for all of it though, its mostly nintendo's fault for not having a console that has good online service.

Maybe WiiU will change that and the next Smash Bros game will be very online friendly.

@Sky- I actually thought that Falco was one of the few characters that I seriously enjoyed playing as in Brawl. I don't think any semi-clone was ever handled as good in Smash as Falco and Luigi were in that gane

I do admit his kicking reflector in Brawl was fun to use in Big Blue.
You could disable them and watch them fall to their death on the racetrack.

My favorite Clone was ganon btw, he may be very similar to falcon as far as having the same moves, but so different because of their speed differences.

Yeah it was mostly a sattire joke Metal.

some of the concepts and changes I DID like.

like I thought poke'mon fatigue was interesting. And I thought the way they changed G&W's upair to float people up.

But there is some truth. It's mostly the overall gameplay change.

For instance Captain falcon/falco/Ganondorf/yoshi/ EVERYONE

would be great. If it was for just 1-3things.

Character weight(No floaty)
More hitstun.
L-cancel. (Or just auto make the landing cancels fast w/o pushing L so it's just naturally fast)

THIS is what the game needed to atleast make me look at it.

when they said brawl was gonna be more aerial heavy combat.

I didn't think they ment it as when you jump your in the air for 10 days.

I do admit his kicking reflector in Brawl was fun to use in Big Blue.
You could disable them and watch them fall to their death on the racetrack.

My favorite Clone was ganon btw, he may be very similar to falcon as far as having the same moves, but so different because of their speed differences.

not to mention Ganon has 2 different attacks with his Up+B one part just uppercuts and the other is a grab.

his forward B grabs edges and became a grab that gave a free tech chase scenario.

The problem is his speed. his speed was slow in melee to but you could work around that with L-cancel.

In brawl... your forward aerial attack became useless.

overall the changes to falcon/ganon were great.

What made them go from mid tier to low tier was just the loss of l-cancel (for ganon) the loss of hitstun (for falcon)

I'm kinda sad that they're not going to have a large roster update.
That was always my favorite part of Smash, seeing who was getting in it. Seeing which characters were brought back from obscurity.

I'm at least hoping for some fresh levels.

Going from playing Brawl and Melee back to playing the original on N64 has me all messed up.

Never realized it was so rough until now. Plus, Captain Falcon is my main man.

Damn it feels good to be a gamer!

Before I left the game union from playing UMVC3 and already paying, the dude who worked there was like, "Yo someone is about to get on Smash, you tryna challenge?" Being no sort of bish I did and I went 3-0 with him :D. However, if he had a GameCube controller it might have gone done differently.

The guy who I'm cool with at the union also plays Smash and we always go down to the wire. This time wasn't different because I still lost.

The third guy I played, he was actually pretty nice Pit. On the last life he read me and sent me flying. We went back in forth a couple of times and it was fun all the same.

The fourth guy I played had some nice tech with Samus but I still won.

It feels so good to play against people who play Super Smash Bros in an offline setting :D