Super Smash Bros

I wonder when the release date is gonna be

A lot of say late 2013, that would be dope but I'm sticking with late 2014 as the release date

If Smash 4 gets alt costumes, then Mario should have either this

Spoiler:
marioparty2.jpg

Or his bonus outfit from Super Mario Sunshine

Spoiler:
sunshinemario.png

Lol, Bob himself was pretty decent especially when considering given the shit he had to work with

The faults were more in the dialogue and script (and John Leguizamo), I just love to hate on that damn movie, never gets old to me

If we're talking about alts, Dry Bowser is a must. Dark Samus, Shadow Mario & Funky Kong also better make alt appearances.
Hell, thats what Donkey Kong's alts should be. Not different colored ties, but he dresses up as different members of the Kong family.

Still waiting for my Donkey with a Kranky beard.

Dark Samus? If they do make her an alt, they should change the visual look of Samus' attacks to look more like Phazon attacks when she's Dark Samus

I feel like talking about box arts for the game

Smash 64= bangin box art

Look at this shit

0.jpg

I remember the first time I played this over my friend's house when I was like 5, I remember seeing the box art and being mesmerized by it. It was the first time I had ever been introduced to all the Nintendo characters in the game besides Pikachu, whom I had already known from watching Pokemon. I knew from looking at the box art that I had to main Mario, and I still main him or would main him when it comes to 64.

Even putting the nostalgia dick away for a moment, this is such a great box art. I just love the cartoony, comic book-like style of the artwork, and all the "BIFF!"s and "ZAP!"s I think were nice touches. I still love how they actually showed them already fighting on the cover art

Melee= I nut every time I see this box art

Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png

I remember stumbling upon this game at my local Blockbuster when I was like 7 or 8. When I saw Super Smash Bros on the cover art, I almost squealed. At that point in time of my life, I was looking for GameCube games to compete with my aforementioned friend since he and his little brother always used to get on me for only having a Genesis. They had a N64 and a PS2. I remember being fascinated by the graphics and how real all the characters looked at the time. I still love Nintendo/HAL/whoever the hell made that box art for putting Bowser on the box art. Remember how I just said that I loved how all the starter characters were already fighting on the cover art? Well, that applies even more here to Melee's box art, because not only were they already in midbattle, they were actually on an in-game stage fighting each other. It took me years to notice, but they were fighting in Hyrule Temple on the cover art. I dunno why, but I've always found it cool when they actually show the in-game graphics on the cover art.

The funny thing is, though, I didn't get it that day because my dumb ass couldn't decide between renting that and some shitty Godzilla game, so my mama wasn't having it and told me I couldn't get anything. A year later, though, I finally rented it from Family Video and eventually, I owned it and the journey with that game's been smooth ever since

Woah woah woah, I know a ho is NOT talking about Godzilla destroy all Monsters Melee. Twas no shitty game you scallywag. That shit was a masterpiece that they still have yet to top. Unleashed would have come close had it not been for the motion controls and the Wii having like twenty exclusive monsters over the ps2

Dark Samus? If they do make her an alt, they should change the visual look of Samus' attacks to look more like Phazon attacks when she's Dark Samus

I thought it would be pretty cool if Dark Samus was it's own character. Like a Samus clone with moves that are slower and use Phazon. The moves would act differently and do more damage, kinda like Ganondorf.

also I'm really tempted to join Smash Boards again cause theres a SSB4 section now, but nah. It's just I already did enough wastefull internet speculation for Brawl years back. And well, its kinda just gonna be the same thing over again. I'll hope for the best and just wait to see what gets in when the game comes out.

(actually I made an account in 07 but I forgot the exact username and password)

EDIT : ah, who am I kidding, I know I'll probably be all over this when they actually show gameplay.

So I played my roommate in Super Smash Bros Brawl and damn was it some good games. He has a legit Kirby and shit was nice. I also played the guy who was working there and gawddayum his Fox combos :afraid: I need to get a Wii in my room now. Also i had a three life comeback with Captain Falcon (items on yes) against my roommate which was God-tier :proud:

Am I the only one who thinks that Falco was pretty well done in both Melee and Brawl? I really love playing as him in both games