Super Smash Bros

Unique arcade endings?

Ehhhh, maybe so, if they're funny, at least

If they try to tie them into Adventure Mode's story or some shit, then hell no

Basic character customization.
Just some color changing, maybe some SCV style sticker placement.

Ability to swap stage's music around.

Waluigi

And more of those alt costumes that Brawl kinda had. Like how one of Samus' colors was Dark Suit Samus.
Still can't believe they didn't have a red Sonic, just for that Knuckles look.

Unique arcade endings?

Ehhhh, maybe so, if they're funny, at least

If they try to tie them into Adventure Mode's story or some shit, then hell no

I was thinking something that shows the character in his/her gameworld doing something. A way to show them doing something epic that we all would reconize.

We only got to see the characters in their game world very briefly in the intro to Melee, and we got none of that in brawl. The story mode's world in Brawl was vague and odd, and they only used clips from it to make the intro movie which I didnt like and thought was lazy. So now they can make up for that.

^ So basically something like Captain Falcon defeating Samurai Goroh in a race or Ness encountering the Ice Climbers like what happened in the Melee intro?

I'm liking most of these ideas.

I think co-op Break the targets (Team based) along wiht single break the targets

Some more of these little mini games because some really cool videos of these things came from Melee I mean have you seen Home run contest with some characters?

Link? holy shiiii

I think that sticker idea they had would be cool in versus... but I doubt they got the ability to use stickers and make it balanced.

I has ideaz nao

One of them being unique All-Star rest areas for each franchise represented with playable characters

Like, for example, a Pokemon Center for Pokemon characters, a Chao Garden for Sonic (if he comes back), and a Metroid Prime-esque save room of sorts for Metroid characters

Events disappointed the hell out of me in Brawl. They were so ****ing forgettable and easy it wasn't even funny. Bring back some cool events like the Trophy Tussle ones (the ones where fought on top of a huge trophy), and make some more wacky yet seriously fun ones like Event 37 (the one where you had to summon a shitload of legendary Pokemon but you had). Co-op events could be enhanced by the use of 2 Wii U GamePads or 1 GamePad/1 Wii controller.

Also bring back the bonus point screens from Melee that graded your performances, the Race to the Finish minigame maybe with uniquE obstacles for each character (that might be too much, though), the Board the Platforms minigames from Smash 64, and Snag the Trophies from Melee's Classic Mode with a new twist

Instead of just trying to knock 3 trophies into one the center platform of the stage, make it to where you try to knock multiple trophies into a slowly moving platform. Keep it to where as long as you can get at least one trophy in the platform, the announcer will say: "Success!"

Speaking of announcers, I think they need a better announcer this time combines the best of all three announcers for this game. One that has the loudness and clarity of Brawl's, the enthusiasm of 64's, and maybe the somewhat ominous and mysterious presence that Melee's announcer gave off. Also, MAKE THE ****ING ANNOUNCER YELL OUT THE NAME OF THE ****ING GAME AFTER THE INTRO. That is all

Character customization like Low said would be really appreciated, especially for outfits/attires/whatever. Nintendo-themed clothing accessories is a must. How badass would it be to slap a Tanooki tail on Snake's ass, put a big ass DK tie on Ganondorf or plop some sunglasses on Squirtle like in the Pokemon anime (LIKE HE SHOULD'VE HAD IN THE FIRST PLACE)?

Get rid of Masterpieces. End of story

Stage Builder could be enhanced by both the Wii U GamePad and the interconnectivity between the 3DS and Wii U versions. You could create stages on the touchscreen of the GamePad, and maybe you could also transfer your created stages between each version. For the Stage Builder, maybe they could take a few pages from LittleBigPlanet (Never played that game, TBH, but a lot of my colleagues over at Smash Boards suggest this so I figured, "What the hell, I'll suggest it, too"). At least give it more than like three backgrounds to choose from. Maybe we could have the ability to create your own Target Tests, as well

Character unlocking methods need to be... better, to say the least. They don't need to be overly challenging, just more interesting and clever in addition to a little challenge. Like, for example, I always thought it was really cool how you could unlock Luigi in Melee by finishing the first stage of Adventure Mode with a "2" in the "seconds" timer. We need more unlocking methods like that, just don't use Adventure Mode as a way to unlock every character and do the same old lame "Beat x mode x times" or something

Last thing: no characters exclusive to one version or the other because it's stupid and intros for unlockable characters (by this, I mean intros for when you first fight them to unlock them)

All this doesn't even scratch the surface of some of the ideas I have for this game as a whole

Post more, I liked them.

And I totally agree about there needing to be crazier events. Let us play as Master Hand for once.
Play King of the Mountain against 3 Giga Bowsers. An event where only items from their respective games can hurt them (must use fire flower against Bowser, Warp Star against Kirby, Pokeball against Pikachu).

Weird shit like that

Played some matches yesterday.

My opponents swapped between each match because winner stays.

YES!

My boy with that Falcon PAWNCH finisher :love:
The dudes you were fighting didn't even stand a chance man lol.

Show me ya moves

Last edited:
Those guys are members of my Smash Crew. I'm 2nd best in my crew of 8 guys.

Rice is too powerful for me :(

BTW bbblp you can play as master hand in melee.

There is a glitch you can do to play as master hand. It involves this

Something to do with going to the map screen, then getting off a character. So your not selected on one. And you have to go into name tag select and push buttons in some weird way so you skip straight to stage select.

And if you can get there w/o selecting a character Masterhand occupies the "No one" slot.

Character customization like Low said would be really appreciated, especially for outfits/attires/whatever. Nintendo-themed clothing accessories is a must. How badass would it be to slap a Tanooki tail on Snake's ass, put a big ass DK tie on Ganondorf or plop some sunglasses on Squirtle like in the Pokemon anime (LIKE HE SHOULD'VE HAD IN THE FIRST PLACE)?

Almost agreed. I think there could be customization, but certain things can only go on certain characters. Like mario and luigi can wear the racoon tail, but no one else. Characters should only be able to have stuff that's from their game and actually fits them. I dont want this game to end up like TF2 with all the crazy shit flying around the characters.

but I agree with everything else you said.

It's not like we'd be giving them all Tanooki tails as pre-determined alt costumes, they'd just be items of customization, so IMO, they don't really have to fit the characters since it's the player's choice

I really really hope that this new game will not have cel shaded graphics for everything. That would be the most godamn lazy thing they could do. I'm sorry but I have a bad feeling something like that could happen.

Now even though the smash bros series deals with cartoon type characters, I liked how the world is somewhat realistic in a way. They started this with melee and continued it with Brawl. Just look at what they were able to do with Mario. He still has his exaggerated cartoon features, but the detail on his clothes are top notch. Fox in melee looked pretty real too. Stages like Battlefield in Brawl look very detailed and real.
All I'm saying is, despite being based on cartoon games, when brought together, I like the style they have created for these games. And them taking that away would ruin a part of it for me.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...ector-talks-super-smash-bros-4-for-the-wii-u/

Masahiro Sakurai, the game director behind Super Smash Bros 4 or Super Smash Bros Wii U, recently spoke about what gamers can expect to see in Nintendo's upcoming brawler. Super Smash Bros. Wii U was announced at E3 2011 but there were no assets to go along with the announcement. More than a year has gone by and the only piece of news we have on the game is it's being developed by Namco.

Thanks to a recent interview with IGN, we're beginning to learn more about the 4th installment in the Super Smash Bros. series. For one, Sakurai and his team are working on ways to implement the Wii U tablet.

"The GameCube controller is not the only way to control Smash Bros., so we will look into ways that fits the Wii U."

NEWS: Super Smash Bros Wii U Won't Have A Massive Character Roster

The inclusion of the Wii U tablet may be the only major change to the game. With three games under the franchise's belt, they don't really need to add any new gameplay mechanics for the sake of it.

"The game system itself is complete, so we don’t want to make it 3D or introduce complicated controls just for the sake of it," he said. "However, I am thinking of ways we can introduce a slightly different, fun experience all the while keeping the usual frantic game play."

One changes Super Smash Bros Wii U is bound to undergo, is the inclusion of Namco characters, a prospect Sakurai doesn't seem sold on.

"I think Snake and Sonic joining were fantastic. It made many fans happy, and it broadened the Smash Bros arena," he said. "However, introducing more non-Nintendo characters willy-nilly will lose the focus of the game, so I also recognize the need to narrow it down."

Super Smash Bros. 4 is expected to launch 2013 and it will be a Wii U exclusive. The Wii U does not have a release date at this time.

Heihachi & Pac Man confirmed for Smash 4. Thats lame. And I swear to Dhalsim, if they make the goddam tablet mandatory, or make GC controller users at a disadvantage I'm going on a raping spree. Starting at their HQ.

Lol, what makes you think Heihachi and Pac-Man are confirmed? If anything, Sakurai's statements lean towards the opposite

Pac Man would be cool, he was dumb in SF x Tekken. He'd fit better in Smash Bros, but I think Heihachi would be lame in SSB4.

yea. Pacman is a must for me. Cmon, its pacman. He's one of the most iconic characters of all time.
Him with Mario (and hopefully sonic again) all in one game? Thats too good to resist Nintendo.

And I dont want Tekken characters in this game. Maybe King or Yoshimitsu, cause they have more personality and stand out, but as for the rest, they just dont fit at all. I know someones gonna give me some bullshit about how snake doesnt fit either, but cmon now. Snake is legendary and well known. Putting a Tekken character, even the more famous ones would just be unnecessary. And If they are doing namco fighters, it would be better if they put nightmare.

And if you cant play with the gamecube controller anymore in this game, I'm gonna want to use that new wiiu controller that looks like a 360 contoller. Playing smash bros on gimicky controllers was always bad. Tried the nunchuck with brawl, didnt work for me. Tablet will probably be better than nunchuck, but still I want to use a traditional contoller.