Super Smash Bros

I completely disagree with you. I think that a lot of people just wanted another melee with more characters, and the fact that they did not get that simply hit them so hard that they can't get over it and see how great of a game brawl is aside from that.

Thats kinda what I wanted Brawl to be. Just melee with more characters. How is that a bad thing? Why change something that's already perfect?

Anyway, I'll say it again, I'll defend Brawl as a game by itself. If you've never played a smash bros game before, you'll love it. But as a sequel with a 7 year gap between the last game, it was disapointing and inferior. Reasons range from slower gameplay, to not having as many playable characters and content as expected.

Critical-Limit said:
Expect a big post about why your game is terrible compared to melee very soon. Soooooo much to talk about I need to be home to do it.

thats ok, you really dont have to. PM the dude a message.

Last edited:
Thats kinda what I wanted Brawl to be. Just melee with more characters. How is that a bad thing? Why change something that's already perfect?

Anyway, I'll say it again, I'll defend Brawl as a game by itself. If you've never played a smash bros game before, you'll love it. But as a sequel with a 7 year gap between the last game, it was disapointing and inferior. Reasons range from slower gameplay, to not having as many playable characters and content as expected.

thats ok, you really dont have to. PM the dude a message.

Or you can ignore it? Alot to learn and a lot to share that I bet people don't know about.

I think Sky explains it best.

As a stand alone game, Brawl is amazing. But as a sequel it falls short.

Much like Prototype 2 for me. Definitely a great game by itself, but not great when you compare it to the 1st.

Instead of a in-depth analysis in respects to Sky Valley.

I'll just a basic list of Pros Cons on the gameplay side.

Melee Basic:
PROS:
Fast paced
Mobility is better
Edgeguard game is deeper.
Balance of offense and defense. I'd say 60% defense 40% offense.
Has large variety of combos.
Shield play has more options
More limitless
Extremely easy to pick up
Powershield projectiles back at your opponents

CONS:
Imbalanced Roster, only midtier and up are viable to win nationals.
Limited legal stages in competitive play
No online(It would be crap online anyways with all the frame specific things)
Incredibly hard to master (Might be a pro instead of a con depending on the person)

Brawl:
Pros:
Music
Single player
More characters
Can do multiple air dodges
Foot stool jump
Sliding Upsmash Tech
Extremely easy to pick up

Cons:
-Shield play is very basic and too easy to perfect shield
-Can no longer reflect projectiles with a power shield
-Can no longer light shield
-Can barely AIM your shield.
-No longer can aim your air dodge
-Hit stun is extremely low meaning barely any combos.
-Defense is STRONG vs Offense I'd say like 80% defense 20% offense. Which leads to turtle matches.
-Unbalanced Cast
-Random Tripping
-Auto sweet spots (so it's hard to edge guard you because you grab the edge no matter how bad you time your up+B)
-An assortment of gimmicks make up the only combos
-Limited dashdancing leaves for very little freedom of mobility compared to SSBM (limited Dash dance/No wave dash/) ONly have Fox trot.
-No l-cancel or (atleast cut down the lag on aerials.) allows for pretty much Auto punish for anyone if they don't retreat on your shield. If they approach free punish.
-Metaknight is so broken they've been banning him at most major tournaments now

very nice list.

also some news.
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/0...-wont-feature-more-characters/#comment-236082

I'll admit I'm a bit dissapointed cause the speculation of characters has always been a fun part of the smash bros experience.

But this is more evidence that they are possibly taking this game very serious and in the right direction. We'll just have to see. I'm sure there will be at least a couple of new characters though. I think the title is misleading and hopefully they are killing off some of the unnecessary clones from Brawl such a Toon Link and Wolf and replacing them with new original characters. Still not having a huge roster, but more so an improved one.

Wolf isn't really that much of a clone at all, he's almost completely unique besides his B Moves, Final Smash, and maybe a few other things, and even those aren't the exact same as Fox's or Falco's

He just needs a little more oomph in his playstyle, really

Anyway, Sakurai's been saying this for the longest. I agree, there'll probably still be a few new characters, just obviously not a whole lot. Brawl's roster was pretty much perfect anyway, besides the lack of Mewtwo and maybe King K. Rool, so I'm glad that they're focusing on the game engine more. Personally, I just want them to focus on revamping existing characters and modes a little more than adding new ones. Can you imagine us having shit like a unique Ganondorf, a good Stage Builder, events that are actually fun like they were in Melee, and an Adventure Mode that combines the best of both Melee and Brawl's versions of them?

Last edited:
Wolf isn't really that much of a clone at all, he's almost completely unique besides his B Moves, Final Smash, and maybe a few other things, and even those aren't the exact same as Fox's or Falco's

He just needs a little more oomph in his playstyle, really

Anyway, Sakurai's been saying this for the longest. I agree, there'll probably still be a few new characters, just obviously not a whole lot. Brawl's roster was pretty much perfect anyway, besides the lack of Mewtwo and maybe King K. Rool, so I'm glad that they're focusing on the game engine more. Personally, I just want them to focus on revamping existing characters and modes a little more than adding new ones. Can you imagine us having shit like a unique Ganondorf, a good Stage Builder, events that are actually fun like they were in Melee, and an Adventure Mode that combines the best of both Melee and Brawl's versions of them?

yea. As much as I'd like alot of characters, if it gets in the way of them perfecting the balance, or other game modes. Then by all means I dont mind it not having a huge roster.

But I kinda like Ganondorf as a clone. That is if he plays as good as he did in melee though.

He was fun to play as in Melee, yeah, but you could just give his old Melee moveset to Black Shadow. As much as I would want Black Shadow to be unique instead, it's a good compromise. The old moveset wouldn't be lost at the expense of Ganondorf becoming unique. Plus, I want more F-Zero characters in anyway, clone or unique :(

Thanks for the updates Sky+C-Sword.

I'm super hyped.

JUST BALANCE? GIANT F BOMB YA

They got to be joking. I promise there will be like atleast 2 new characters.

Not the like +14 or w/e we got from going from Melee to brawl.

I also think Poke'mon trainer should just have the 3 poke'mon seperate...

What do you think? You essentially have to learn 3 mains just to be good with poke'mon trainer lol. that's kinda gay.

THANK YOU SAKURAI, for giving a shit about the competitive players. (I know this works for casuals too)

But seriously would a casual know that Roy sucks compared to fox?

I agree, they should make them all wild Pokemon

I always wanted to play as Charizard, but the stamina bullshit kills it for me :?

balancing the characters is the most important thing they can do.

I always hated how you had someone like fox/falco who's waaaay up there doing whatever they please, then you had yoshi or mewtwo on the otherhand who's unfairly weak.

yea, I love the series, but that shit was annoying. Glad to know they are getting serious with this rather than the
"lets put this character in and just go with it and dont look back" mindset that they could have done.

Yeah agreed.

But the existence of low tiers can make for... delicious things such as this where someone destroys someone with a crap character.

But ya I'd rather have balance than just a random side show of "lol crap character beating a top tier character"

But ya I'd rather have balance than just a random side show of "lol crap character beating a top tier character"

yea....but still, thats extremely satisfying to watch though lol.
thanks for the video. And it appears whoever is playing has the game modded. Mewtwo is wearing the helmet from the movie.

which reminds me. SSB4 needs alt costumes. I hated how Wario was the ONLY character that got one.

Alt costumes? Glad I get to post this again:

Spoiler:
mewtwo.jpg

Yeah I have the Modded Melee at my house

Captain falcon has:
Ronal Mcdonald
Batman
Green Ranger
Red Ranger
Solid Snake
Captain America

Marth has that guy from
All your base are belong to us

Zelda has a midna costume, and a white mage costume

Mewtwo's eyes light up blue on that helmet.

They got Fierce Deity link as well.

Bunch of other ones.

One costume makes ganondorf look like Akuma. And I saw a Samus with a Dark Samus/Corruption Samus

So many I don't know them all lol.

Oh they got water mario from Sunshine

ANd classic mario color mario, and Firepower mario+luigi.

EDIT: What are some things you guys are hoping for in the new game?

Like maybe new ideas, or advancements? or something you don't want returning.

EDIT: What are some things you guys are hoping for in the new game?

Like maybe new ideas, or advancements? or something you don't want returning.

things I want :
- Shiek and Zelda to be fully separate characters meaning both of them get a down special move.

- Alt costumes

- arcade mode with unique endings for each character

- good online
(not really the developers choice though, its up to nintendo and how serious they actually take the Wii U)

- some N64 past stages (really want Hyrule castle back)

- at least a few new characters, I just cant believe they would add none at all

- fast gameplay