Mortal Kombat Fire & Ice - MKDaz & Flying Jinko

MKDaz

Story Idea by Me, Full Story by Me and Flying Jinko :)
Fire & Ice

Chapter 1 - The New Grandmaster

Earthrealm was safe once again with the defeat of Shao Kahn by the forces of light. Kuai Liang, had played an integral role in the pushing back Kahn's extermination squads from Earthrealm. Raiden thanked the Lin Kuei warrior and informed him that he could be part of a long extinct race in outworld called the Cryomancers. He asked Sub Zero to travel there if he seeks to learn more about his past but cautioned him as well. The Ice caves was located deep within the mountains of the Outworld wastelands and Sub Zero would have to go through the Living Forest to reach there as well. But the determined and steadfast warrior showed no fear and made his way to Outworld to discover the truth about his past.

After a long journey through the Earthrealm portal and the Nexus, Sub Zero finally arrived at outworld.
As he arrived, strange noises start coming from all around and to his shock he realised that he got teleported right into the heart of a tarkatan camp.

The Ice warrior sensed someone behind him and quickly thrust his hand back freezing a tarkatan soldier who was on the verge of impaling him with his blades. This caught the attention of other Tarkatan grunts and they yelled at him, "WE ARE THE TARKATA!! NO ONE ESCAPES US ALIVE AND BREATHING!!" A bunch of 5 grunts retracted their blades and charged towards Sub Zero. The Ice warrior materialized an Ice Sword in his right hand and used his left to create a circular ice wall around him and the tarkatans, trapping them in and he engaging them and taking them down one by one. As he finished the last of the grunts, Baraka, the leader of tarkata smashed through the ice wall and started swinging his blades furiously at the Ice warrior.

Sub Zero managed to block most of Baraka attacks but the tarkatan's onslaught caused his ice sword to break exposing his chest to the blades. Baraka slashed the lin kuei warrior's chest causing a deep wound. Baraka prepared to finish his opponent and dashed forward ready to impale the the Ice warrior, but Sub Zero wasnt someone who gave in his opponents easily. He quickly backflipped leaving an Ice clone behind where he initially stood, succesfully freezing Baraka. He then connected with an Ice slide and materialised another ice sword and impaled the tarkatan with it. Before he could finish his opponent, Sub Zero saw another bunch of tarkatans coming his way.

He left Baraka, growling and moaning to his wound and created a veritcal ice wall, to buy him some time to escape. He then escaped into the living forest, and used the plants and herbs available to tend to his open wound on his chest. Although battle worn and bruised, the Lin Kuei warrior staggered on, unaware of the horrors the living forest sheltered.

To Be Continued...

Last edited:
Continuation of Chapter 1...
Sub Zero entered the darkness of the Living Forest, unknown of what was to come towards him. He slowly stepped forward without fear, and was ready to battle anything ready for him. Once he could noticed nothing was around he stopped. As he looked around once more he saw footprints that were not his. He saw more all over the path. He was not alone, he knelt to the ground, placed his palms on the floor and pushed against it making everything around him freeze.

The figure was revealed. He stepped towards it and was about to smash the ice surrounding the body but the ice broke in front of him and the figure disappeared. Then Sub Zero felt a punch on his face, but he shook off the impact and started focusing his senses to locate the invisible foe. He conjured another Ice sword and sliced the open air in front of him. As he swung his blade a few drops of green blood splattered on him and he heard a yelp as well. The warrior lowered his blade once the yelping had stopped and continued on his path. Suddenly four sharp claws dug into his shoulders and lower back. Sub Zero grunted in pain trying to shake off the attacker when suddenly his head pierced with sharp fangs.

Sub Zero desperately ran backwards and slammed onto a tree shook the attacker off his back. The attacker gained back his visible form.
Sub Zero faces the attacker and says, "You have made a grave mistake attacking me, creature, this fight shall be your last!!"
The creature, now revealed as Reptile, growls and replies ,"ARRRGGHH, These parts of the forest belong to me! You are not welcome here! Prepare to die!!"
Reptile seeing sub zero's wounded chest quickly capitalised on the opputunity and spat a jet of acid. Sub Zero screamed in pain and fell to his knees and arms as the acid burnt away his clothes and some flesh. The Saurian round house kicked Sub Zero as he stood up sending him staggering back a few steps and then bit his leg trying to bite out a chunk of flesh from the warriors thigh. Sub Zero still in the fight, did his Ice parry special attack freezing the saurian. He delivered a front thrust kick to Reptile's chest breaking away the ice and sending the saurian staggering back. Sub Zero then with all his strength left quickly connected with a cold shoulder and uppercutted Reptile to a living tree.

The tree caught hold of the saurian and smashed him around violently and flung him away knocking him out. Sub Zero bleeding profusely from his head, shoulders, back and leg advanced forward with all the strength he had left, dragging his leg as he moved. He then collapsed from exhaustion after a few steps but managed to get back on his knees. Standing before him several metres away were hundreds of Undead Corpses, who caught the scent of his injured flesh and started advancing towards him.

2d1p9q1.png

Click for bigger...

To Be Continued...

Last edited:
Continuation of Chapter 1...

Sub Zero stood up in pain, staring at the putrid creatures who were advancing towards him slowly. The warrior realised that he may end up loosing his life here. However determined warrior would not give in without a fight. Sub Zero then recalls the lessons he learnt as a young Shinobi, where he was taught on how to engage a large number of opponents.

Taking refuge in this knowledge, Sub Zero took a few deep breaths and suddenly clapped both his palms onto the ground and multiple ice spikes emerged from where the undead corpses stood impaling many of them.The Ice warrior then quickly materialized two massive Ice swords into both his hands and charged into the opening he created. The warrior out of fury and desperation, lost control of his thoughts and his body fought through the masses of undead, savagely slaying all that stood in his way. The warrior's mind completely shut itself down.

As Sub Zero regained back his conciousness he realised that while his conscious mind had shut it self down due to exhaustion, his years of hypnotic and mind training allowed his sub-conscious to take over the control of his body and he slew all of the undead and made it out of the living forest and stood at the opening of the outworld wastelands. He saw that he was heavily bruised than before and unless he tended to himself he would succumb to death. But the barren and scorched earth of the wastelands had no plant life. Choiceless, the Lin Kuei Warrior advanced forward trying to locate the ice caves.

He travalled the barren lands for many days trying to find the caves but to no avail. It was only the warrior spirit in him that kept him alive for so long. He then came across a group of mountains and trekked up into them and finally located what he was looking for.

The feeling of fulfilment of his journey rejuvinated the Ice warrior as he advanced towards the caves. However the closer he got to the cave, he sensed that there was something wrong. He realised that he was being followed and quickly tried to retreat into the cave as he didnt have the strength left to engage in a fight. Just when he was about to enter the cave, a large four armed creature stomped towards him and prevented the lin kuei warrior from entering the cave.

The monster smirked and yelled 'YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED'.
'No disfigured creature shall stop me from reaching my destination' Sub Zero replied with pain.
'I AM GORO, THE STRONGEST OF ALL THE SHOKAN!!! NOW ENOUGH TALK!! PREPARE TO DIE!!' Goro yelled and charged towards Sub Zero with astonishing speed and strength and swung both his right arms at him. Sub Zero managed to duck in time and slide between the shokan legs and arose from behind and jump kicked Goro's back.

The kick hardly had any impact on the monster and he quickly turned around and grabbed the ice warrior with his lower hands and started pounding Sub Zero's face with his mighty fists. However the shokan soon found his lower limbs numb and frozen and Sub Zero slipped out of the ice and connected with a cold shoulder which sent Goro staggering back a few paces. The Shokan quickly shook off the attack and dashed towards the severely weakend and ill prepared sub zero and grabbed him again. He pounded the Ice warrior's shoulders and chest, severely shattering his underlying bones. He then threw Sub Zero up, caught him by his legs and smashed him down to the ground hard, rupturing his skull and breaking his ribs, spine and thigh bones and then threw him onto the walls of the ice caves.

Sub Zero bashed against the Icy outsides of the cave and fell to the ground. Pain and anguish rushed through his mind and body. The shokan had bested the Lin Kuei warrior. Sub Zero could no longer fight.
As Sub Zero awaited the inevitable, he saw large shards of Ice spikes which had broken off when he had thrashed against the Ice walls. Sub Zero in an act of desperation, heaved his body up screaming in pain as the shattered bones inside him became futher injured. He took hold of some shards and threw all of them and propelled each with an ice beam, towards Goro. The Ice spikes found its mark on the Shokan's chest and he yelled in pain.

As Sub Zero used his ice beam, he sensed his Ice powers getting amplified as long as he was in the cave. He then conjured a massive Ice ball and propelled it towards Goro which impacted the Ice spikes impaled into the shokans chest and sent him falling off the cliff. Sub Zero, then took a few deep breaths and collapased onto the floor.

Sub Zero crawled into the cave opening with all the life he had left in his shattered and broken body. He crawled a few paces into the cave and felt his hands going numb and his vision blurring. His body started failing him and he felt his life force slowly fading away. The Ice warrior realised that this is the end for him but he was satisfied that he made it through all the way without turning back and thus dying a warrior's death. Taking refuge in his satisfaction, the warrior closed his eyes and his broken body laid motionless on the ground.

Miralculously Sub Zero did not die. Days later he awoke and he felt as though awoken from years of slumber. He lifted his hands and saw that a thin sheath of flexible ice covering his hands. He felt his body and saw that all his wounds had healed and his bones which were severely fractured and broken were now good as new. Sub Zero realised that there were untold powers in the cave which his body managed to tap into. He went deeper into the cave to explore. He soon stumbled upon a rusty door which had a hole in the shape of a five fingered palm. Sub Zero placed his hand on it and froze the door. Suddenly he heard a loud rumbling which prompted him to retreat back a few steps. The door crumbled before him and a deep blue beam of light had emerged from the hole where the stood once stood.

The warrior advanced forward and found himself in a huge room with statues and relics encassed in ice. He proceeded towards them and as he touched each of them, he saw visions flashing before his eyes. He learnt that he belonged to a once proud and honourable race called Cryomancers who dwelled in outworld. Shao Kahn had exterminated them on the fear of their power. Sub Zero on realising that he belonged so such an honourable race, felt disgusted at himself and the Lin Kuei for his and their acts. With a new sense of honour and glory, Sub Zero promised himself that he would undo all the wrong he and his clan had done and dedicate his life for the greater good.

As the warrior inspected more relics he came across a transparent Ice glass and within it saw a set of finely crafted armor. As he put on the armor, he suddenly felt rejuvinated and stronger than ever before. The ice sheath on his hands grew more darker in colour and extended more into his arm. He then felt the armor speaking to him. Sub Zero learnt that this armor was worn by the greatest of all cryomancers who ever lived and before he was killed by the hands of Shao Kahn, he hid the armor in the cave and bound his soul to it.

With the help of this new found power and honour he fought his way outworld with ease and returned back to Earthrealm. On reaching there, he departed to the Lin Kuei Temple to finally right all his wrong.

Last edited:
Wow this was really awesome. i loved every bit of it. and when i was reading everybit pictures flashed in my mind. you really did a good job. =D GOOD JOB MKDaz and Flying Jinko. ill also try to find some pics and upload them on this thread if you dont mind.

Nah, I dont mind, me and Flying Jinko are gonna do some concept arts so they will be up too :) Thanks for the great comment Mel =D

LOL omg...I was trying to fix the same background with Sub and Reptile haha.....I failed coz im nooooo good in this art work. maybe ill give u the pics and you could make it the way you want.. Good Job Dazzzzz.......

I really want them to make this Fire and Ice game already.
NRS should use some of this stuff, plus Sub-Zero's ending in MK 9.

LOL omg...I was trying to fix the same background with Sub and Reptile haha.....I failed coz im nooooo good in this art work. maybe ill give u the pics and you could make it the way you want.. Good Job Dazzzzz.......
I use XNALara, I posed the Zombies and Sub-Zero myself :) And thanks, Flying Jinko found the background =D

Yeah, I heard about Fire & Ice that it was supposed to be like Shaolin Monks, but with Sub-Zero and Scorpion teaming up. I really wished they did that game but I think they dropped the idea :(

Maybe Fire and Ice game could be a action-adventure/beat 'em up with a combat system similar to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, only fitted for the styles of MK/Sub-Zero/Scorpion instead of a T-Rated Batman game? That would be badass, IMO.

Maybe Fire and Ice game could be a action-adventure/beat 'em up with a combat system similar to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, only fitted for the styles of MK/Sub-Zero/Scorpion instead of a T-Rated Batman game? That would be badass, IMO.

can't stop lolling at your pic...... omg sorry hahaha =D i loved that vid on youtube!!!!

Yeah, I heard about Fire & Ice that it was supposed to be like Shaolin Monks, but with Sub-Zero and Scorpion teaming up. I really wished they did that game but I think they dropped the idea :(

Yup.
That's exactly the game that I want them to continue making.
You're 100% correct.
It was supposed to be a sequel to Shaolin Monks, and Shaolin Monks was an awesome game (I thought), despite a few holes in the cannon.

If MK: Fire and Ice is EVER made, I'd like to see the following:

- The Scorpion and Sub-Zero (Bi-Han) rivalry and epic battle
- MK 1 Sub Zero being re-born as Noob Saibot.
- MK II Sub-Zero and Smoke escaping the Lin Kuei
- Cyrax and Sektor before and after they became cyborgs
- Cyrax and Sektor hunting down MK II Sub-Zero and Smoke
- Smoke being captured (as homage to MK 3)
- Sub Zero (Kuai Liang) and Scorpion joining forces
- Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang) and Scorpion destroying the forces of evil / Quan Chi (like Sub-Zero's MK 9 ending)

Yup.
That's exactly the game that I want them to continue making.
You're 100% correct.
It was supposed to be a sequel to Shaolin Monks, and Shaolin Monks was an awesome game (I thought), despite a few holes in the cannon.

If MK: Fire and Ice is EVER made, I'd like to see the following:

- The Scorpion and Sub-Zero (Bi-Han) rivalry and epic battle
- MK 1 Sub Zero being re-born as Noob Saibot.
- MK II Sub-Zero and Smoke escaping the Lin Kuei
- Cyrax and Sektor before and after they became cyborgs
- Cyrax and Sektor hunting down MK II Sub-Zero and Smoke
- Smoke being captured (as homage to MK 3)
- Sub Zero (Kuai Liang) and Scorpion joining forces
- Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang) and Scorpion destroying the forces of evil / Quan Chi (like Sub-Zero's MK 9 ending)
Nice ideas :) Yeah I loved Shaolin Monks too! It was awesome and something totally different from what the normal MK games do...

Nice ideas :) Yeah I loved Shaolin Monks too! It was awesome and something totally different from what the normal MK games do...

Also, the versus matches were really fun. ;-)

OT:
You guys are doing some good stuff with the story, as well.
Keep up the good work.
+Rep

Also, the versus matches were really fun. ;-)

OT:
You guys are doing some good stuff with the story, as well.
Keep up the good work.
+Rep
Everyone keep looking out for the new Concept Arts and Chapter 2 coming soon =D

Continuation of Chapter 1 coming soon... I absolutely forgot that we didn't finish Chapter 1, I thought it was the end lol :D