Mortal Kombat Fire & Ice - MKDaz & Flying Jinko

Thanks alot guys. Alot of effort and brainstorming goes into making this story and we are quite happy that many are liking it. But still I dont think it is all that great for it to get published lol.
The readers think so though :p

Once again, thanks guys =D Chapter 2 will be up soon....

Chapter 2 - A Girl's Tale

The Cryomancers were once a proud honourable race living in outworld, millennia before, during the reign of the Dragon King, Onaga. They were a peaceful race who lived in the caves of the of the snowcapped mountains of Fraerune, at Outworld. These beings had the inherent ability to manipulate the element of ice and like all other races of outworld, had lifespans extending to a thousands of years. The plains and the seas that were lying below the Fraerune mountains were abundant with animal life. The men of the race used to engage in hunting and fishing. Their Ice powers used to aid them greatly, by enabling them to materialize unlimited amounts of spears and arrows made of ice to hunt down the animals. Their powers also helped the fisherman freeze fast moving fish in the seas, allowing them to catch the best variety of fish. All their catches were then encased in ice so that they remain fresh before trading them to the denizens who resided at the main cities of outworld.
The women of the race engaged in designing and creating ornamental artifiacts, cutlery and interior decorations made of a special type of crystaline ice using their powers. The Ice caves of Fraerune was known to be the most extravagant and beautiful of dwellings, with blue rays of sunlight shining upon them through the blue sheath roof, encasing the entirety of the caves with a magical blue aura. These ornamental decorations and artifacts too used to be valued a lot by the other denizens of outworld. Each of these trades required great focus and years of experience to master. Thus a cryomancer child had to choose his/her occupation based on their interests before the age of 10. Due to their prized catches and beautiful artifacts, the cryomancers maintained good trade relations with the other races of outworld, and their race flourished.

Many of the men and women were also skilled warriors who dedicated their lives to mastering and tapping into the full potential of the Ice powers and using them in combat. They also served at the forefront of Onaga's outworld armies and were heavily favoured by him. This had sparked jealously between the other warrios class races of outworld such as the Shokan, Centaur and Tarkatans. The most skilled and honourable of these warrios was Tao Zhen.

Tao also was the rolemodel and leader of his race and all the cryomancers respected him and looked upon him for guidance. It was under his leadership and co-ordination that the cryomancers had flourished so well. He and his band of warriors protected his people and home from rogue tarakatans, centaurs, shokan and demons alike. His legend and skill had soon caught the attention of Onaga insisted on him becoming his head general. Tao however declined the offer stating that his duties are protecting his own race but promised to help if Outworld is in peril. Onaga granted the noble his wishes.

To Be Continued...

Continuation of Chapter 2...

Years later, Onaga had become corrupt and yearned for more power and started creating an undefeatable army to conquer the other realms. His entire energy and focus was used in creating his army which he alone could command and had started neglecting the other outworld matters. His most loyal advisor, Shao Kahn who wished to rule outworld himself made use of Onaga's unfocused state and poisoned the Dragon king with a diabolic drink, created by the Sorceror Shang Tsung. With Onaga dead, Shao Kahn took control as the ruler of outworld and threatened its denizens to torture and slavery if they did not swear their alligiance.
The Cryomancers led by Tao however, refused to side with the tyrant, the only race to have done so. This had sparked a century long battle between Shao Kahn and the Cryomancers. The battle took place in the lush plains below the Fraerune mountains. The battle had killed and destroyed all the flora and fauna that existed there and reduced the plains to a Barren Wasteland. Eventually with the Shokan and centaurs siding with Shao Kahn, the Cryomancers had no chance of winning.
During the final days of the war, Tao had sent two scouts to look for the portal which was romoured to lead to another realm, where his people could retreat to while he and his warriors fought back Shao Kahn's forces. The scouts had found the portal and returned two days later, when most of Shao Kahn's forces had infiltrated into the mountains and destroyed many of the homes. Tao quickly ordered his people to proceed to the portal. He removed his armour and magically sealed it in his cave with an incantation, so that one day another cryomancer of his honour and caliber would be able to tap into its power and bring back the race to its former glories.
Tao also bound his life force to the armor so that in case he dies, his soul will be trapped within it. He then rounded up the remenants of warriors and charged at the Shao Kahn's forces while his people escaped. All of the warriors perished and the legendary cryomancer, Tao had finally met his match was defeated and slain by Shao Kahn.

Only a few hundred of the Cryomancers had managed to escape the portal before it was destroyed by Shao Kahn's forces. The portal had transported them to Earthrealm, during the 1600's, at the far east of China in the Pinyin province, close to the Japanese islands. They posed as normal earthrealmers and refugees and settled themselves in the peaceful village of Hanyu Pinyin. The cryomancers and people of the village co-existed peacefully, with the cryomancers using what powers they had left to aid the village in trade. However they soon found themselves caught in the midst of the feudal wars taking place between China and Japan at that time and the defenceless village was an easy target for ruthless clans and warriors.
However, a japanese village led by a famed samurai named Imagawa Yoshimoto, who wielded the legendary Katana named 'Sento', offered his samurai warriors to protect the village. With his help the village of Hanyu Pinyin survived through the feudal and interclan wars. However the Cryomancers powers caught the attention of various spies, many of whom were Shao Kahn's spies. The outworld emporer learned of their existence but could not enter Earthrealm to vanquish them himself as it was forbidden by the Eldar Gods. He then enlisted the help of the Ninja clan Shirai Ryu who were sworn enemies of Imagawa and his samurai warriors. However Imagawa and his successors managed to protect the village and themselves from Shirai Ryu till the 1800s.
During this time the various provinces and villages led by many japanese warlords were unified and the age of the samurai came to pass and they lost their significane. As the number of remaining samurai warriors dwindled, the Shirai Ryu Ninjas found it easier to infiltrare and assasinate a large number of Cryomancers, until they were vanquished by the Lin Kuei.

Due to years of cross breeding with the people of earthrealm, the number of cryomancers who could actually control their powers started dwindling to the point where only two small boys were the only ones who had any control over the element of ice. Their names were Bi Han and Kuai Liang, and they were abducted by the Lin Kuei who wiped out their memories completely and bred them as warriors.

To Be Continued...

Back in the present times, The village of Hanyu Pinyin was peaceful once again ever since the the complete annihilation of the Shirai Ryu. Over the years a large temple was constructed where the people of the village would worship their ancestors and the Thunder God, Raiden. The temple's courtyard was also a popular playground for all the youngsters who would meet up everyday and play their games.

Ever since the abduction of Bi Han and Kuai Liang so many years ago, there were no cryomancers left who had control of the element of ice, until the birth of a baby girl to a young happy couple. Her name was Sung Fi Yun. Even as a small child she unknowingly and playfully used to Freeze things. Her parents were bewildered by her powers and decided to keep it a secret from the outside world for fear of her safety. As Sung grew to 6 yrs old, she could not mingle well with the other children of her village who considered her as a freak due to her palish skin and accidental ice blasts. Her only friend was a boy her age named Zhao Dian Wu.

When the Lin Kuei had attacked the Shirai Ryu village, killing all in their path, a mortally injured mother had escaped with baby Zhao and travelled many days through the forests of Pinyin untill she came to the village of Hanyu Pinyin. She knocked at the dwellings of Sung's parents and begged them to take him in and raise him with love as she could no more. Though she belonged to the Shirai Ryu clan, who had terrorised their village for generations, Sung's parents out of sympathy and kindness reassured her that they would raise baby Zhao as their own. The mother, having being reassured, kissed her baby one last time before passing away. Ever since, they raised baby Sung and baby Zhao together and kept Zhao's real identity as a secret for fear of expulsion from the village and claimed him as their own. They raised both Sung and Zhao with equal loving care. They both were cheerful children always laughing, happy and having fun.

But as they grew older Sung's random bursts used to hurt and scare other children away. She realised that her ice powers were somewhat linked to her emotions but she could not control them since she was only a child. Zhao himself, too was a very unique child. He somehow seemed able to resist Sung's accidental ice blasts and never get injured. He was quite atheletic as well, displaying skills which could only be performed by peak atheletes. He also seemed to have an accelarated healing factor if at all he got seriously injured and would be all healed up in no time.
It was these characteristics that made the children bond closer as they understood how each other felt.

The village used to serve as a safe haven for all victims of the feudal wars and inter-clan battles as well which had started right from when the Cryomancers had originally come to Earthrealm. Hundreds of refugees used to come and go from the village every year. One day as Sung and Zhao were playing at the front of their house, a tall, enigmatic man emerged from the forests. He was heavily clothed, having a black cloak and a hood. The hood covered most of his face and its shadow extended downwards only revealing his lips and chin. His arms were fully covered with a peculiar type of black glove, which was an uncommon way of dressing in the surronding areas. As the man approached , Sung called out to her mother. Her mother approached the man and asked him, " Who are you and why have you come here?". "I am headed to the village of Yuan Xu, my hometown. Unfortunately I had lost my way and roamed around the forest for days untill I stumbled upon this village. As you can see I have run out of food and water. I just need shelter in this village for a few days and resupply myself" The man replied with a grim voice. Sung's mother, though suspicious of his motives, replied "You may speak to our village headman, Im sure he will provide you with a hut, his stays at the third house from the left of this route".

"Thank You" the man replied and left.

As the man left Sung spoke to her mother "You know mother, there is something about that man that is interesting but yet he looks scary at the same time."

Her mother said "Don't worry my dear, Just stay away from him, he seems suspicious to me too, but all will be alright".

"Ha!! He won't be able to lay a finger on us with my incredible speed and acrobatics!!" Zhao said as he playfully performed a handstand followed by a cartwheel.
"Pffff, you are always full of yourself Zhao!!" Sung replied.

"TAG!!! You are it!!" Zhao replied and he ran as fast as he could. The children continued playing after that.

Although Sung enjoyed playing with Zhao at home she missed playing at the temple courtyard. A few days later as Sung's parents sat upon a chair holding hands with Sung and Zhao and Zhao sitting on their laps, Sung asked "Mother?"

"Yes Sung" she replied.

"Can me and Zhao go to the temple? I want to play with my old friends again too, I promise Ill be careful." Sung smiled as she asked.

"Of course you can, just be careful." Their mother said.

"We are always carefully. Try and and beat me to the temple, Sung!!" Zhao said, as he jumped from his father's lap and ran fast to the temple.

"No! Wait! You got a head start!" Sung replied as she too get off her mother's lap and tried to keep up with Zhao.

As they approached the temple, they had started hearing rustling in the nearby bushes,

Zhao freaked out and yelled "OH NO!!! THAT SCARY MAN IS AFTER US!!!" and prepared to run.

Sung laughed and quickly held onto him and said "Wait Silly, its only a rabbit. And sure you would protect us with your 'amazing acrobatic skills'. "

" Oh well, I was just checking how loud I could shout." Zhao replied with a smirk.

But as they closed in on the temple, they had started hearing screams as the other children who were playing there were running away.

An unidentified voice shouted, " Find the children, do not let them escape! Some of them pocess powers!!"

Sung and Zhao got frightened and they ran inside the temple to hide.

"What do we do?" Zhao whispered.

"We can't stay here for long Zhao, you are faster than me, go inform mother and father about the attack. I will come soon." Sung replied.

"But..." Zhao said quickly.

"But nothing, just go" Sung said re-assuring Zhao she would be safe.

As Zhao ran out towards the village, few masked men dressed in Orange and Black stepped into the temple. "We know you are in here somewhere! Come on out!!"

Sung suddenly heard a loud shriek from the opposite side of the temple and another child who was hiding there ran towards the men weilding a sword. However one of the men skillfully grabbed the sword from the child sliced the innocent child in half from his head, in one powerful swipe.

Sung closed her eyes and shivered as the child's blood splattered across the temple. But she knew she had to intervene in order to prevent more deaths. With sheer rage and anger she dashed out of her hiding spot and materialized a ball of ice in her hands and propelled it towards one of the masked men. However the ice ball wasnt strong enough and it had only managed to freeze his legs. The man looked at her and yelled "This one is mine!!!". As he yelled he retracted two three bladed claws from either of his gauntlets and broke away the ice emcompassing his legs and charged towards Sung. Sung, totally shaken and afraid now fell down backwards, closed her eyes and screamed as the man charged to impale her with her claws.

To Be Continued...

Last edited:

Just as the orange-black clad ninja was about to impale Sung with his claws, a tall dark figure emerged from the shadows and caught the Ninja's hand just in time. He then thrust kicked the ninja's stomach with a mighty kick sending him flying into the air and crashing into the pillars. Sung stared in awe as she realised that the person was the hooded man who had come to her village a few days ago. The other grunts got infuriated and charged at the mysterious man one after the other. The man skillfully blocked the next grunt's claw attack with his left hand and connected with a mighty punch to the grunt's skull which had sent him swirling sideways into the air and crashing head first into a wall causing his neck to snap. The next grunt tried for an overhead attack on the man, which he evaded skillfully and uppercutted the unfortunate grunt causing him to flip twice in the air before landing down face first. The last remaining grunt stood shivering holding the blood staind sword which he had used to lay the innocent child as the man approached him. He charged at the man nonetheless, soon found himself impaled with the sword as the man skillfully and swiftly swiped the sword from his hand and impaled him. As the last of the grunts died, the remaining children who were hiding, rushed out screaming with the exception of Sung. The man slowly walked towards her and knelt in front of her.

"Wh...who are you??" Sung asked shivering in fright.

"I am someone like you......someone who understands your powers and what you are going through" the man replied.

Sung, now re-assured a bit said "But, I didnt see you use any powers to kill those Ninjas"

"We must depend on our powers only when needed, young one. To tap into our full potential of our powers, we must learn to be independant of it." The man then removed his peculiar black glove, revealing his hands covered in an ice sheath and summoned a small ice ball and crushed it. The man was none other than the Grandsmaster of the Lin Kuei, Sub Zero.

Sung stared in wonder and smiled and said "You just confused me a lot"

Sub Zero chuckled and said " You will learn soon enough, young one. What is your name, child?"

Sung replied"My name is Sung.....Sung Fi Yun"

"Alright Sung, you can call me Sub-Zero, now come, we must go help the others." Sub Zero replied.

Together they exited the Temple and heard screams and smoke emerging from huts at a distance.

"Where do you live, Sung?" Sub-Zero asked. "Over there" replied Sung, pointing to the direction of her home.

Sub Zero then removed his cloak, hood and gloves, revealing his majestic ancestral armor with the cryomancer and lin kuei symbol inscribed on it. The dragon medallion was affixed at the centre of his chestplate. "Hold onto me tight, Sung" Sub Zero. As Sung held onto him she saw a thick layer of ice materializing below their feet and before she could think futher, she found herself and Sub-Zero sliding through the ground towards the village at blinding speed.

At they slided towards the village, Sub Zero propelled ice balls from his hands targeting the Ninja, and hitting and freezing all of them with surgical precision even while traveling at such a blinding speed.

As they finally reached the village, Sub Zero clapped his hands caused all those he had frozen to shatter into a hundred pieces. Sung slowly walked into her home but could see no one there. She was shocked to find blood splattered all over the wall and furniture. She then looked behind the chairs where her parents were sitting earlier that day and there lay the dead and mutilated bodies of her parents. She burst into tears and started crying profusely. She then ran towards Sub-Zero and grabbed his legs. "Why did they do this?! Why?!" she yelled, crying more profusely than before.

The scenario left Sub Zero speechless. He had no answer for the young girl and stood there holding Sung and looking on at the once peaceful home, which housed a cheerful and happy family, now completely gone.

To Be Continued...

Will possibly be trying to attempt at a drawing of Sung Fi Yun and Cloaked Sub-Zero. Oh and possibly Zhao Dian Wu. So.... =D