admitting to your suckage

All that I know is ..... exists an imense abysm of difference when playing online with lag, against people with crap connections .... and playing the game offline, in the best conditions possible ...... it's pretty irritating seeing that your combos and reaction are OK offline, but, while playin' online, your gameplay slow down considerably ..... and your performace suffers a lot with this, making your game looks poor done .......

I don't think it's so much a natural affinity for gaming that creates great players, but constant practice and determination.

in other words, when it comes to putting the fight stick/game pad in my hands...i suck at this game. realized this after trying for a good 60ish hours to better myself at this game and while my knowledge of how to play it has increased, my execution has not budged.

If you're spending 60+ hours training with your favorite characters, yet your timing, button pressing, combo mashing, etc. skills have yet to increase, then perhaps you should look at the problem from the inside out. Hone in on what EXACTLY you're doing wrong, or when you feel like you're doing something wrong, pay attention to what it is or was that you were doing, and try doing it a different way. It took me awhile before I learned how to chain combos together correctly, but when I did it was one of those "OHHHHHHHHHH" kind of moments. :D

Back on topic: I wouldn't say I 'suck' per'sa, because that seems too broad of a definition. I would say against new/middle-ground players I do well, and against better players it's like a 50/50 thing, but top rank players I get slapped around like it's no one's business. It's hard for me to say I suck because I've won some incredible matches, yet lost to people with records worse than mine. Would I say I suck against certain characters or situations? Yes. Would I say I suck at the game? Hell no. But, practice makes perfect, and when I get to Chris G status, then I can say I dominate this game. :D

I'm a casual player myself, but I dont let that ruin the game, I love the MK series, just not superb at it lol

I forget what my previous record was online, and its reset now that I made a new psn...my previous one was my full name, which i was suggested to get changed for security reasons, which make sense, but sucks now that i have to get all the trophies again lol

Dude, when I first started the game I thought I was gonna be pro as shit, what with all the hours of MK-MK4, DA and Deception under my belt =) I couldn't have been more wrong =) lol yes, its still the same ol' Kombat we've known and loved throughout the years, but the playstyle is DRASTICALLY different. Combos, enhanced moves, dash blocking and cancelling, it was RIDICULOUS to pick up on at first. So yes, I used to suck balls at MK9 =) Now I believe I'm a great player, but in order to NOT suck at this game, look at the simplest aspect: Practice, Practice, Practice. That's the only way I got better, and the only way I found out how to shut down spammers online >=)

Oh yeah, I'm pretty dreadful. I've only played like 25 matches online (never had XBL Gold before this game) and I did pretty well on my first day, mostly because out of my first 15 matches or so, I played about 12 Scorpion players. Now I've lost like 8 or 9 in a row, but I don't really have the time or energy to devote to practicing (other life responsibilities, etc).

I played MK3 and UMK3 to death, and most of my reactions in MK9 are the same as they were for MK3 (i.e., if I block a teleport, I immediately go for the uppercut, even if I could try for a combo). My timing and finger dexterity on combos is pretty sluggish (using the default 360 controller, but I'm not very good anyway), which is especially problematic on juggles that require precise dashing. If I can get a combo north of 25% damage, I feel like I did something totally awesome. The only character I can reliably combo with is Sub-Zero, and it's pretty much just 2 or 3 variations of the same basic setup.

When I play online, I like to pick different characters each time to keep things fresh and because I enjoy the casual atmosphere of not knowing your character all that well, but this usually backfires on me since most people tend to stick to their 2-3 characters that they know really well.

Oh well. I don't let it bug me too much. I love the crap out of MK and I keep playing. But I'll never, ever be anything more than a mediocre player competitively speaking.

Feel free to add me if you want some more casual competition.

I suck terribly at this game :D my record in private proves it my friend is the biggest reason its that bad but I still suck ;) also why im too scared to do ranked i don't want a horrible record in that so i refuse to do it until Im confident enough with Sindel :D

When I first stepped foot into the online arena after the patch I was getting destroyed. Learning all the combos with a character wasn't enough. Not until I started playing KOTH and watching how others were doing it did I get the flow down. And let's face it, yes doing 10 hit combos that take nearly half of your opponents health off is great. But if you can't pull those off you have to rely on something else. Timing and player strategy are far more important skills to work on than long combos.

So I started practicing medium combos, nothing fantastical, but punishing enough that my opponent will think twice about it. Being able to read, stop, and then punish your opponent is key. So stop worrying about knowing every combo, get a few down in the 20-25% range. Be able to do those in your sleep and you'll fare much better imo.

I now have more wins than losses and I'm getting better everyday. I still suck, and will get smacked around by the MK lifers, but more and more I find myself at least giving them a good fight.

So for all of you who "think" you suck, don't despair. And if you ever see me on and would like to practice a bit, send me a FR on xbox.

I get beaten about 70% of the time... I suck at the game. I draw a blank when I see an opening and automatically go for an uppercut. I know a lot of combo's for sektor, but actually playing decently? Hell no... It's hard to keep playing sometimes since I really get slaughtered sometimes. But I don't only play MK, and I do lots of things outside of gaming. So I don't dedicate enough time to really become a pro. So I accept my status, I try to improve when I can, and most important of all: I choose to play for enjoyment, not to win... I play because I love the game, not to become a pro MK player. Casually :). Losing isn't a problem if you keep your mind to it and try to learn from it.

My w/l ratio is testament to my suckage. I would say out of 10 I am a 3. Not the absolute worst, but pretty bad. It doesn't bother me in the slightest though!

For a while, I had about 10 more wins than losses, all the way up to about 220 wins/210 losses. Then I played some guy who was really good with Cyrax. I picked Kano. He beat me mercilessly. I continued to try to beat his Cyrax for about 20 matches. I did eventually win, once I figure out how to counter everything he did, but I haven't been able to get my wins higher than my losses since.

I think it's safe to say I'm not particularly good at the game, but I enjoy playing.

I'm just bad at watching my opponents meter, I'm still obssessed with the HP bar. My execution is REALLY good offline. Online... sometimes.

I'm not a good player, average at best but I love this game and that's why I play. I've played a lot of good players that just destroy me lol, but I don't care.