admitting to your suckage

aedanwolfe

this thread is dedicated to all those that can heartily admit that they "suck" at this game.

I know the terms, the theory and how its supposed to be implemented, hell ive provide my fair share of knowledge to different character guides. but it doesnt mean im good at this game! practice for hours and hours with noob, and i still cant get the simple wall combo down when times calls for it even if i can in practice mode. i cant footsies correctly if my life depended on it even tho i know what buttons im supposed to press and when i still do it wrong. I often let up on pressure and open myself up to being countered whiel being unable to successfully counter myself after blocking a string. i know what is hit confirmable and safe yet it doesnt mean i successfully every hit confirm anything!

im a case of knowing what im supposed to do, and failing to execute it time and time again.

in other words, when it comes to putting the fight stick/game pad in my hands...i suck at this game. realized this after trying for a good 60ish hours to better myself at this game and while my knowledge of how to play it has increased, my execution has not budged.

I also feel that way. And the worst part is when I loose to someone that clearly is less skilled than I am. But I think I'm getting better at executing what I've learned.

Can we shout out people who suck? My friend is terrible at this game and its irritating how bad he is. It shouldnt be possible for me to get a flawless victory 4 times in a row.

Comparatively speaking....Yes I suck, but if I had the time to invest, I could be god like. Combos are not my problem, timing is.

Well, let me rephrase that. I can combo all day and night, do any fatality off the top of my head, but when I step foot online, I get creamed. It's a little humiliating.

I suck at this game when :

- Playing drunk *lol* XD
- Bored after 4 hours of constant online gameplay; starting sandbagging everyone and playing softly, losing concentration
- Tired after a hard day work
- When I'm lazy to learn other characters that I don't play too much, so, instead of spend at least a week in Training Mode learning and refining, I just go directly online and get crushed by better players

:D

im a case of knowing what im supposed to do, and failing to execute it time and time again.

in other words, when it comes to putting the fight stick/game pad in my hands...i suck at this game. realized this after trying for a good 60ish hours to better myself at this game and while my knowledge of how to play it has increased, my execution has not budged.

you just explained my entire experience with fighting games lol
i am F**K awful at this game

haha brilliant im gonna say i suck too but i still cant put the game down .. i guess its a case of i think everyone should think like me i let them get up or out of a corner why cant they do likewise :)

I also feel that way. And the worst part is when I loose to someone that clearly is less skilled than I am. But I think I'm getting better at executing what I've learned.

bingo. i'll admit im nowhere near an upper echelon player but this game allows furious spammers and button mashers to get away with alot of stuff. not alot you can do about that. and if your like myself, and like to put on a show, you usually get your ass kicked by good and bad players. lol

nothing like learning every combo of a character and then drawing a blank online because your too busy trying to defend cheap stuff. waste of time if you ask me.

and ill go on record that king of the hill is the best way to play. you can usually see whos playing what style and the tards usually dont show up here because everyone is watching. just a shame the whole lobby desynchronizes all the time.

I'm here to admit to my suckage. Honestly though, while it may not be extremely obvious sometimes, I know that I am improving little by little. Don't get down on yourself when you lose to people with more experience. I used to get down on myself, but then I realized "Hey, that guy has played 2000 matches online, and I still don't even have 100 matches under my belt." I'm willing to bet that when I have THAT much experience versus actual human opponents, I will be waaaaaaay beyond what I was when I first started. Just keep at it and you'll improve, even though it might seem like you're taking steps backwards sometimes.

But yes, basically, I still suck haha.

I'm an alright player, maybe above average maybe not. I sometimes just suck it up when some matches are really intense with sub zero and when I try to start a combo with 2 2 and cancel into and iceball or go into 4 ice clone, I usually hit 2 too many times. Frustrates the hell outta me. Sometimes I can recover and still win, but often times I get punished. Someday I won't make this mistake.

I don't know about you guys but I own those training matches. that sub zero can never seem to land a hit on me.

Online however I can't seem to get down. The only character I can truly pull of combos from are smoke, i try to learn others but I can never get the hang of it.

That being said the difference in my thinking and play style from when I first started the game is much improved, but its still a pain to lose to someone who isn't as good but hey that is life. Besides if I take the game to seriously then I start to suck worse.

In order to not sux in this game, you have to keep yourself in constant training, otherwise, you start to feel "rusty" .... happens with any game and MK is not diferent.

Besides, this game favours speed of action/reaction and speed of command execution. You have to get used on "thinking fast, acting fast" in this game, otherwise you're in the shit, hehe ....

XD

nothing like learning every combo of a character and then drawing a blank online because your too busy trying to defend cheap stuff. waste of time if you ask me.

This is my problem exactly. I main SZ and Noob, got tired of spammers so I picked up Sheeva and Tsung. I've mastered every combo, every counter but going online against cheap players my mind goes blank. IDK what happens. I guess I suck.

I know i suck at this game, but i'll keep practicing no matter what, if anyone wants to have a couple of match on xbox add me :)

I've been training plenty often and I hang out on TRMK and TYM trying to learn everything I can, but it's still a crazy work in progress. Some games I just play fantastically and wreck my opponent, but other times my execution falters far too often for me to consider myself truly good. I'm definitely getting better but there's a noticeable disconnect between my knowledge and my execution. I'm really hoping I can keep improving.