admitting to your suckage

I keep hanging on the same few major problems:
- I punish with an uppercut more than half of the time
- I wiff combo's I can do perfectly online
- Once I get rushed into the corner I'm dead, no idea how to get out.
- using unsafe moves on a clearly blocking opponent

Allthough I'm getting better at the last one as of late... But still.. I keep playing because I enjoy the game, not to win. :)

I am guilty of always getting caught by projectiles on air. It's like an impulse to jump when someone throws a projectile. Always hits my face and I end up falling like a bewb. lol

I've come a long way down since I was a tournament level player in the MK1/MK2 days. That said, I'm not a teenager any more and I have a career and family. lol

LOVE the game though it's an absolute blast. Now that online lag is fixed mostly, my friends and I are using KOTH and it's been a ton of fun.

yeah thats pretty much how i am with kenshi
sometimes i can sneak my 32% combo or the 40% x ray combo
but most of the time i freeze up when start up a combo and end up only doing 13% - 17% damage
or i mis time my reflect and get beat up which is kinda pathetic
but i swear
sometimes its like they know what im going to do, im trying to get my 32% combo off and then i give up and do a spirit charge or that downwards special slash and all of a sudden they jump over/punch me right as i do it seriously! and they aren't even that skilled at the game

I dont feel as though I suck but I have horrible win/loss ratio. I have never fought more Whorepions in my many years of MK as I have the last 2 weeks online. I did meet a few people who didnt use Whorepion and I played them for a few matches. Most we traded off wins but it doesnt offset the previous losses. I can not seem to figure out how to stop the constant spam pressure from him.

I dont feel as though I suck but I have horrible win/loss ratio. I have never fought more Whorepions in my many years of MK as I have the last 2 weeks online. I did meet a few people who didnt use Whorepion and I played them for a few matches. Most we traded off wins but it doesnt offset the previous losses. I can not seem to figure out how to stop the constant spam pressure from him.

scorpion? hellfire punishes you standing still. its recovery animation is long enough tho that if you jump the fire and block (or if close enough JiP) he wont recover in time to punish with a tele/kunai

teleport is slow but ex is safe

kunai, i usually avoid jumping over it unless you are comfortable with it, as it can sometimes catch your foot. blocking/punish is very easy with it tho.

i find his most annoying move is his low leg grapple special actually, blow low on wakeup, if he teleports instead just standup, its slow enough you will usually block high and get a punish in.

its probably because ive fought him so many times but i feel pretty comfortable beating him nowadays.

- I wiff combo's I can do perfectly online
- Once I get rushed into the corner I'm dead, no idea how to get out.
- using unsafe moves on a clearly blocking opponent

Allthough I'm getting better at the last one as of late... But still.. I keep playing because I enjoy the game, not to win. :)

It's easy enough to drop combos without lag, and the lag can kill so many combos it's ridiculous.

If you're wanting to push anyone back from pressure, one of the easiest/best ways is ducking kicks. Works in and out of the corner, too. Some people are still hard to deflect even with this (like Liu Kang and Raiden), but it's still helpful.

This! I'm actually quite good at sneaking in cheeky uppercuts, if only I could replace them with a stonking great combo my W\L ratio would be considerably better!

im good but not great. i cant invest alot of time into games as much as id like to anymore. but sometimes i get online and do amazing, and some days i just play terribly. it depends. i wont get a stick i think its an unfair advantage for online. id feel cheap if i won over a controller player. combos like kitanas fan enhance dash are way easier on a stick vs controller. call me old fashioned but i dont care about rank, i care about a fair legit fight. in the arcade days there was no rank. just good players. i like an even playing field. but we cant all be amazing. some are just better at certain genres of games. i can beat any survival horror game and tomb raider game easy, but FPS i suck at. im better at 3D fighters like soul cal and VF5. just prefer the 3d environment, mechanics and depth it offers that a 2d fighter cant. so dont worry its not you, fighters or MK just might not be your thing. SC5 is coming!! also try using a fighter you may not normally use. you might find their move set more to your liking. Hell my new fave is skarlet, amazing fighter but really hard to master. i thought jade was mine, but after skarlet, i hardly play her anymore. experiment

I'm not a good player, average at best but I love this game and that's why I play. I've played a lot of good players that just destroy me lol, but I don't care.

I played you yesterday, but I don't remember how it went, you probably won.

I played you yesterday, but I don't remember how it went, you probably won.

Ahhh yes, we played last night and luckily won a couple of the games, It was nice to find the TRMK room on live. Unfortunately I'm in the Uk so I hope I didn't lag you out too much.

I play the game great offline, but online I get beat bad.
(That's not counting the 6 or 7 games against DCP, in which I was destroyed).

I suck online.

It's like getting really good at playing bass, and then you hear someone who plays 10x better, and you're like :-(

I'm good at this game but there is time where I am like, "F.CK I forgot how to do that kombo." I don't know how and why I forget. Then the next day or a hour later, I start to remeber:).

Went out to give online another go for about an hour and yet again, I've lost every single match. My win ratio is something like 50/270 or something. I just can't seem to get any better. I just don't know what to do... It so damn discouraging. Maybe I should pick a different character instead of sektor... I can beat expert AI quite easily btw and nail 30 - 40% combo's offline :(

While i have won more games than lost, i'll admit i am SERIOUSLY inconsistant. I can lose the first round, dominate the 2nd round and the 3rd round is a 50/50 chance. I also get angry if i lose to spammers. I blame my ****y attitude when i win the first round, i get so confident, that it is usually my downfall.