King Of Fighters XIII

C-Sword

KOF XIII is FINALLY coming out this holiday, I don't know if it will play better than SF4 or not, but I sure do like the graphics way more. Terry Bogard is my guy! I know that the previous game KOF XII was a huge disappointment as far as gameplay was concerned, but they seemed to have fixed the problems here.

I just don't like what they did with some girls in this game. Athena and Yuri look like twelve...

I'll play with it when I really have nothing to do. I'd love to play as Leona Heidern, Mature, and Mai Shiranui. I also would wanna try Marvel vs Capcom 3 as Dark Phoenix. Right now, my gaming time is dedicated only to MK!!! ;-)

Some of the sprites look alright, but others such as King look awful to me. Nevertheless, I'll consider picking up a copy.

I heard that there will be characters exclusive to the console versions, I wonder who they will be.

wasn't this out last year?... something similar was and it was utter garbage...looked like a ps2 game.. played horribly..

SNK isn't known for high production values that we take for granted today. During the PS2 era, they were still using sprites from the 90s. KoF XII sprites are bigger than their previous games, but much smaller than that of BlazBlue.

sinttulo1cfd.png

Click on the image for a larger picture. Notice how Terry looks a little fuzzy when he is blown up to Ragna's size.

Last edited:
Some of the sprites look alright, but others such as King look awful to me. Nevertheless, I'll consider picking up a copy.

I heard that there will be characters exclusive to the console versions, I wonder who they will be.

Well so far Billy Kane has been confirmed. Anyone else, or how many more is a mystery.

Still it is good to see KOF XIII making it to home consoles. I take it as a sign that KOF isn't dead yet like the scare that bubbled up not too long ago.

I got KOF XII and that game was a big disapointment... I hear this game is susposed to be better... Lets Hope so!

I still wished they had made KOF: Maximum Impact 3 now we know that game would of ROCKED!

Oh Well,

But i'll get this one anyways since i buy all Fighting games anyway...

LOL!

By: DCS

Everyone I know that played the maximum impact saga loves it including me. But I hear the game didn't do well outside of japan so they stopped making it.

wasn't this out last year?... something similar was and it was utter garbage...looked like a ps2 game.. played horribly..

KOF XII came out last year. it actually played more like a demo than a full game, there were only 6 stages, no story, no boss and a bunch of moves missing such as Terry's Power Dunk.

New Trailer
Release date delayed from Oct 25 to Nov 22.. Bull S***!!!
Dont know if buying it now... but since now is coming the same day as Tekken Hybrid is a double deal ..lol

I'm SUPER pissed, it's not a very smart move by Atlus and SNKP to release the game 1 week after UMVC3 and the same day as Tekken Hybrid. I guess that I'll be stuck with MK9 for 2 more months.

I also have BlazBlue, SF4 AE and Battle Fantasia, but I find them boring. I've been a fan of the KOF series for a few years now.

I've never seen this before :S. But anways, I can't wait till this game comes out. I ****ing love King Of Fighters. I only get to play it when I'm down in Mexico. I seriously need to pre order this.

I'd also love to play as Shion from KOF XI. He was very similar to Jade (MK). Yes Shion is a he who looks like a girl. lol ;-)
Unfortunately, I wish I can play as him but I know he won't be in the game. Leona, Mature, and Mai should be enough. I'd also like to try Vice too.

Last edited:
Vice is very dangerous up close, but the problem is the window for her specials ans super throws. Not easy to connect. Da Cide (Decide) is like her main tools as a keepaway or catch people off guard. And her throws can be comboed into another when you get the fluent of the motion right.

Vice is very dangerous up close, but the problem is the window for her specials ans super throws. Not easy to connect. Da Cide (Decide) is like her main tools as a keepaway or catch people off guard. And her throws can be comboed into another when you get the fluent of the motion right.

Yeah, I remember playing as Vice back in the old KOF games. She wasn't bad but I don't get much luck with her since she's mostly a grappler and her moves are mostly "half circle forward/backward" commands. The same with Shermie.