King Of Fighters XIII

I have to say after a full day of playing, this is the FGOTY. It exceeded my expectations by far. I love this game :D

have you not heard of gamefly?

I have, o clever one. Assuming someone has it or doesn't is kind of a stupid assumption, since most people I know who rent games still go to some place like Blockbuster to do it. I guess my pants aren't tight enough/shirt not plaid enough for this new fangled stuff.

Better than MK9? :)

I think he's got you there Drakilla. MK9 is arguably one of the best fighting games to hit the scene in years. It took the hyper-mega-ultra-EX-super-techcancel-focus attack combos and turned it to breakers, enhanced moves and X-rays in a way so simple anyone can play it. The minuscule learning curve alone makes it worthy of GOTY.

I haven't rent any games from Blockbuster in a long while. Once I get my money up, I'll rent both KOF XIII and probably the humorous Saints Row the 3rd.

Considering the number of games I want to play/try out lately, I should probably sign up for Gamefly. I've already got Netflix, so it'd be a great combo.

By the way, is it me or is Mai's provocativeness-levels reaching new heights? :laugh: Her victory stance....

Mai's provocativeness were always this high ever since the Fatal Fury days. But that won't stop her from getting and marrying her future husband, in which I don't know when will that happen and I don't think it will be anytime soon.

I love Mai in this game, not only is she hot, but it's also easy as hell to cancel special moves with her. Don't care too much about Yuri, I might have to train with her more, she was better in XI.

how do i fight the bosses??
every time i play arcade mode they dont appear and i get the bad ending.. ugh

WTF?! I've played arcade mode 3 times and I fought them all 3 times. I didn't know that there were certain conditions to follow.

Better than MK9? :)

Yes, I do have to say so. MK did a much better story mode of course, and I LOVE MK as a fan of the game world and characters, but even I have to acknowledge the lack of depth with MK's actual fighting.

KoF13 is as close as I've seen 2D get to 3D while retaining what makes 2D so special. The fighting is so fantastic in this it's both VERY technical and yet VERY fun so that the gameplay itself becomes addicting to play. That's something that, when done right, having an execution heavy game gives your game: a lifespan that simpler games, such as MK, just can't have. Don't get me wrong, I still loved MK as an MK fan, but as a fighting game fan, KoFXIII is the best fighter I've played since Street Fighter 3.

I also have a problem unlocking Billy Kane.
Dream cancel users say that i need to do as little as possible target actions..
I have try to do almost none or once target actions but still, Ash is always the challenger.

Completed Arcade Mode. I unfortunately had to use a couple continue services to do it though, because by the time I got up to Saiki and Evil Ash, I wanted to move onto other crap, like the missions/trials. I'll do a clean arcade mode clear once I've gotten more mastery with Kyo and a couple other characters. I unlocked Billy this time around, but I need to get Ash next time.

So far I'm really liking playing as Kyo and Mai. I haven't figured out who I like best in my #3 slot.

I have try to do almost none or once target actions but still, Ash is always the challenger.

Oh, it's one of THOSE games? This could be interesting, old-school arcade style unlocks here I come :D

That's weird, I also unlocked Billy on my first try. I don't do the target actions, I wonder if we can remove them by going to option.