King Of Fighters XIII

Hey Geo did you get your game back? Did you manage to finally get some decent matches online or is still a lag fest for you?

I got the game back and the lag is worst that ever, my connection is bad too. i dont even want to touch online anymore...

That really sucks man. :/ My connection hasn't been great, but my matches with C-sword have at least been playable.

I might not be playing KOF for a few more days considering I'm trying to get through a couple of other games before coming back to my fighters.

Sorry for the double-post, but did anyone realize that KOF XIII got nominated for best fighter for this year's VGAs?

Oh, and this caught my attention: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/0...-about-the-king-of-fighters-xiii-online-play/

ATLUS said:
We have been carefully monitoring dialogue and feedback regarding the online play in THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII. While the general consensus is that KOF XIII is one of if not the best entry in the series and that the netcode is noticeably improved over the previous iteration, we’re saddened to hear that many of our fans are frustrated with their online experiences thus far.

Just as it was in the months prior to the game’s release, we will do everything within our influence to help developer SNK PLAYMORE test and continue to improve KOF XIII‘s network performance. To this end, the detailed feedback we’ve received is invaluable.

We greatly appreciate the dedication of players who are diligently reporting their online experiences, and we sincerely thank the community for all of the passion and support it has offered us and THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:
Wow. I did kinda prefer the movesets of 97-2003 Kyo over the original movesets cuz of the skill and follow-ups in order to maximize the damage dealing to the opponent.

Yup, but we all voted for MK lol :p

I voted for the one that should win. :D I just purchased Power of Flames/KOF '98 Iori... And damn he's fun. :D I like Iori overall as a character though, and with this I think my online team is now set (Ash, King, Flames Iori). Unless I wind up really liking NESTS Kyo.

For those who has acess to ex iori, does he has new dialogoue or is still the same as the normal version?
please respon asap

Last edited:
He has a couple of different lines. His victory dialogue is different (he laughs maniacally instead of his normal line, iirc).

I'll wait for a bit to buy this game until some of MY favorite characters become DLC such as Shion, Chizuru/Maki, Shermie, Orochi Leona, or even Lien Neville become playable. (I doubt everyone in this list will make it but at least one should make it.) If none make it, I'll wait till the game becomes cheaper or until it's good enough for my budget. Mature and Leona are already ones that I like. Mai looks nice too but I like her super attacks from the previous KOF games before better than this new one (super moves that include her fan attacks).

The game is only $40, the next DLC fighters are Ex Kyo and Ex Mr.Karate, DLC will probably end with those 2, I can picture Adelheid joining the roster, but you can forget about the other characters.

Holy hell, this game is good. I can't believe I waited this long to buy it.

The inclusion of the 4-disc KOF soundtrack collection sealed the deal for me.

I'm pretty good, at the moment. I just have to put in the time, and really learn the game.

So I got my first MadCatz controller, I tried using it for this game, I don't like it, the d-pad is too damn floppy, the Hori is still my favorite. I recently ordered a new Saturn knock-off by Retro-Bit, I was told that it might not work with this game, cause it doesn't have a home button, oh well...

My current team is Kyo - Andy - Kim

The game is only $40, the next DLC fighters are Ex Kyo and Ex Mr.Karate, DLC will probably end with those 2, I can picture Adelheid joining the roster, but you can forget about the other characters.

At least they should bring Shermie (character that has a mix of electrical and human powers) back. I also have a good feeling that Rugal will be in this too (not that he's my favorite) but because he is a fan favorite.

^ i really want her back too!!!

im playing kof 2002um on 360 now, i may not play kof xiii any more for now cuz 2002um is so darn better compare to xiii.

At least they should bring Shermie (character that has a mix of electrical and human powers) back. I also have a good feeling that Rugal will be in this too (not that he's my favorite) but because he is a fan favorite.

Oh yeah I remember Shermie, she was in NGBC aswell. Adelheid is Rugal's son, he was in the 2 previous chapters of the Ash saga, I think he might be DLC.

Did anyone play KOF Neowave? It's basically a remake of 2002, I have the import version on the PS2, young Geese from AOF2 is in that game.

SNKP should've included 2003 & XI with the new game instead of the 4 CD soundtrack , XI will always be my personal favorite.

Did anyone play KOF Neowave? It's basically a remake of 2002, I have the import version on the PS2, young Geese from AOF2 is in that game.

omfg really?!!? O.O

Aw man. I want KOF2002 or even KOF98 in PSN!!!!

yep, kof 98 normal and um are on xbl, really dumb snk include these xbox exclusives imo.
i had to buy a 360 which i didnt want to in orther to play the game. (and i was not gonna import the ps2 version since how the hell do i do that?! lol)