King Of Fighters XIII

I remember playing with Hwa and one of your characters just stood there for 8-10 secs without moving near the end of the round, I thought it was because of the lags, but hey I might be wrong.

There's a lot of freezes and de-synchs in this game's online play, that's for sure. That said, a friend of mine on another board just got KOF at my suggestion...can't wait to play him.

Btw, which controller did you use? Did you finally get a MadCatz fight pad? I bought one off ebay earlier today, I kind of regret it now, cause I just found out that it needs battery to work, I thought that it could be charged by the PS3, but no :(

This is the controller I want badly, it's a sega saturn pad that works with the ps3, I've only found cheap knock-offs

sega-saturn-ps3-usb-controller.jpg

I want it dammit lol

Yes, I got the MadCatz one. It's a bit...light feeling, and needs a battery, but overall it feels nice and works well so far. I just need to get used to it. It's not bad for ~30 bucks. I got the Ken one because it's the only one I could find locally...which one did you get? I was looking for Chun-Li or C. Viper.

So is the KOF's netcode better than the MK9's? I'll gladly challenge you in MK if there's not too much lag :)

But if it's worse than KOF, forget it.

So is the KOF's netcode better than the MK9's? I'll gladly challenge you in MK if there's not too much lag :)

But if it's worse than KOF, forget it.

I feel like MK9's netcode is more inconsistent. I can get some okay matches fairly regularly with it online. Unfortunately, I'm pretty crappy at MK9. I'll definitely say I've had way more fun in a few matches in KOF's online mode than the close to 200 I've done in MK9.

Guys, you realise the Madcatz pads I suggested earlier are more or less, the Sega Saturn pads? The design and layout is practically identical. Just sayin'!

A friend of mine, who is a huge fighting game enthusiast is telling me KoH XIII, initially doesn't seem as great as he thought, and almost seems a bit....noob friendly.

Getting sick of games catering to people with no skill now.

I have to disagree with you, I don't feel like the game is noob friendly, No doubt it's much easier to play than SF4, but cancelling special moves with some characters requires precision, you can't just mash your buttons, not to mention that the timing is a lot stricter than in KOF XI. You also have to learn how to manage your gauges properly and not waste them.

I have to disagree with you, I don't feel like the game is noob friendly, No doubt it's much easier to play than SF4, but cancelling special moves with some characters requires precision, you can't just mash your buttons, not to mention that the timing is a lot stricter than in KOF XI. You also have to learn how to manage your gauges properly and not waste them.

I haven't played KoF XIII yet, but if you say it's easier than SF IV, well that says something. SF IV is probably the most noob friendly Street Fighter game out of all Street Fighter games from SF II, to Alpha, SF III and finally SF IV.

That said, it's early days, and I myself have not played the game. I think I may rent, before buying though, to see for myself.

At least, it doesn't use a dial-a-combo system, no combo breaker and the devastation attack doesn't just come out after pressing 2 buttons :)

Guys, you realise the Madcatz pads I suggested earlier are more or less, the Sega Saturn pads? The design and layout is practically identical. Just sayin'!

A friend of mine, who is a huge fighting game enthusiast is telling me KoH XIII, initially doesn't seem as great as he thought, and almost seems a bit....noob friendly.

I completely disagree with this statement. Don't confuse good game balance, and very smooth game mechanics with noob friendliness. With all due respect, I'd say a game like MK9 is far more 'noob friendly', same with SSFIV (which I play regularly too). It's actually harder in KOF XIII to deal huge damage vs. any of the other fighters I own except for maybe BlazBlue. There's also much greater variety of strategy uses available. Most of the KOF characters can play either a patience/keep away game (Duo Lon, Ash, Mai), or have strong mix-ups and rush-downs (like King, Hwa, Kim).

Out of the six or seven fighters I currently own, I'd say KOF is the least noob-friendly, or possibly tied with BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (which is very, very left field anyways). It's also to me, the most fun, with SSFIV coming in close behind.

lolwat

This is the most technical, execution heavy fighter this generation.

Drakilla, like I said I take this from a friend of mine who is as crazy about fighters as I am.

Is this more technical than SF III OE, for example?

Drakilla, like I said I take this from a friend of mine who is as crazy about fighters as I am.

Is this more technical than SF III OE, for example?

They're both very technical in different ways, SFIII in defense and KOFXIII in offense. It's really apples and oranges, the execution in 3S is heavily based on parrying and in KOFXIII it's about combos with VERY strict inputs, so it balances out beautifully.

The new Iori fights pretty much like Freeman, I'm getting Classic Iori tomorrow, I'm more interested in EX Mr.Karate tho. I really want this game to succeed, so SNKP can revive other series like Garou and Last Blade

Hey Geo did you get your game back? Did you manage to finally get some decent matches online or is still a lag fest for you?