Play as Goro, Kintaro, or Shao Kahn

Matt Wilson

WARNING: The only way this is possible is through hacking your system, a.k.a. modifying it, which against the terms of use license agreement and considered illegal. Some people (hackers) find it worth while to play as the character bosses so they hack their system, and by all means you can suffer the repercussions if you get caught. Hence forth why I'd prefer to just watch the video rather than do it myself.

On that note, what strikes me as odd is the fact that these characters have palettes,the announcer has a voice over for their name at the selection screens, and they have their own move lists. Goro I can understand because you get to play as him on the challenge tower, but Kintaro and Shao Kahn just strike me as odd. Another reason why I believe that they will be marked as future characters in some DLC pack. The coding and characters, along with their move sets and everything else, are already there. I believe the hack used is a code, just like the code used for the Klassic Kostumes. It's already on the disk, it just needs to be unlocked. If you're interested in playing as any of these bosses, they hopefully they'll come out one day. If not, well....:D

Goro and Kintaro are announced by Shao Kahn (who announces everyone in player selection) in Challenge #300, so it's okay for them to have their names spoken when selected. But for Shao Kahn, I don't know. It's kind of weird for him to say his own name like that, but maybe when you fight agains him in one of the challenges, he has his name announced. But the weirdest thing for me is that Shao Kahn even can do Babality:

Kahn's says "Shao Kahn" when you fight against him many times in the challenge tower. And the versus screens are not even real versus screens, they are just the ladder pic of them resized.

Looks like a Custom Firmware for the PS3. If so, I'm not surprised about this hack.

The hack would be nice so I could add Goro, Kintaro and Kahn to my Supreme Demonstration video, but I'll be happier with online capability.

Goro and Kintaro are announced by Shao Kahn (who announces everyone in player selection) in Challenge #300, so it's okay for them to have their names spoken when selected. But for Shao Kahn, I don't know. It's kind of weird for him to say his own name like that, but maybe when you fight agains him in one of the challenges, he has his name announced. But the weirdest thing for me is that Shao Kahn even can do Babality:

The question is, if these three become playable characters, would they be left as they are, in otherwords, miles more HP, hyper armour and 50% X Ray moves.

I actually dont think Goro or Kintaro would be too bad as they are, but Shao Kahn in competant hands would be ridiculous.

The question is, if these three become playable characters, would they be left as they are, in otherwords, miles more HP, hyper armour and 50% X Ray moves.

I actually dont think Goro or Kintaro would be too bad as they are, but Shao Kahn in competant hands would be ridiculous.

They'd HAVE to nerf them from how they appear in story mode, that'd be beyond stupid if they didn't. I know they probably will put them out for DLC, but I hope they don't.

Bosses in MK should stay just that:bosses. I didn't like it when they became playable in the old games, and I'd hate it now if they became playable. They are too powerful, and taking that away from them doesn't make them nearly as threatening or challenging.

As others said, the bosses would have to be ridiculously nerfed in order to be playable. I say leave the bosses as unplayable.

Yeah but it bugs me that these characters have bios and 3D scale models for Nekropolis, and button lay outs when you pause the game and go to move list. Seriously, their moves even have names AND the correct button layout for each system. Plus they are playable to an extent where the game doesnt crash when you hack it.

Why have that for them in the game if it's locked away so no one can see? Why put it there in the first place unless you plan on releasing it?

I think they will eventually end up DLC, and appropriately nerfed for online use. Why not? After all, MK Trilogy had boss characters as playable *winks*

Hector said in an interview that the bosses were intended to be bosses and therefore unplayable.

I also think the reason they have a full Moves list is so they could have testers check them out.

Those bosses are pretty slow as well. The reason they are challenging is that they have immense amounts of health (your attacks are toned down essentially) and that their attacks are pretty powerful, including the x-ray. Take that away, and they are terrible. The only way a nerf could work is if they all got a speed buff as well.

In short, it wouldn't really be worth it because their power would be stolen and they are way too slow to account for that.