We demand Hara Kiri!

Same as Sub-Zero's teleport move in MKvsDC, damn I miss that move...

You know what move I really REALLY miss from MKvsDCU? Lui-Kang's combo (exactly like the starting of his X-Ray)... but they should have that move as a combo also. It would be cool because then people would get confused and think your doing an X-ray when really your not, and then you could immediately start the X-ray and catch them once they release block

:p

Last edited:
I don't give people's reasons in why it's such a "bad concept"
I love it. Funny when they get done, and it's funny to watch them kill themselves.

I think that, during the Finish Him stage, the winner should be able to press..... LT/L2, and that opens up Hara Kiri's for the loser. Sort of a "Do you have the honor to finish yourself off?" type of dealio.

I like that! Is like a way to say: C'mon, finish yourself with "honor" or ... you know what is waiting for ya daddy.
I feel like a way to force your opponent to accept the defeat =P

The 3 seconds idea was good, but It's like "imprecise" -about the people counting 1.......2.......3 or 1..2..3!

I think that, during the Finish Him stage, the winner should be able to press..... LT/L2, and that opens up Hara Kiri's for the loser. Sort of a "Do you have the honor to finish yourself off?" type of dealio.
This would actually be pretty awesome.

If we ever get Hara-Kiris back, we gotta have this Hara-Kiri back:

[video=youtube;Dq_gw1umnSI]http://www.youtube.com/Dq_gw1umnSI[/video]

SMEXY. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
We Demand? I don't think so
But I liked Hara-Kiris. They were funny in MK: Deception and it would be cool to see them back.
People say they don't make sense, but Babalities do?
There are a few things I'd like more than Hara-Kiris, though.

We Demand? I don't think so
But I liked Hara-Kiris. They were funny in MK: Deception and it would be cool to see them back.
People say they don't make sense, but Babalities do?There are a few things I'd like more than Hara-Kiris, though.

The honest truth, they hate on something that is so "stupid" yet you can turn you're opponent into a baby?

With all the manslaughter going on nowadays, people usually commit suicide after a violent crime lol why couldn't a loser do the same?

Hara Kiris are ok with me though I really don't care about them since I do hate losing. lol ;-)

But anyhow, I'd like a simple death for my characters and not so brutal. I don't even mind if Jade has her razorang decapitation Hara-Kiri back. Here are some ideas I have.

Stryker- Shoots himself in the head with his gun.
Jax- Crushes his own head with his hands.
Sonya- Breaks her own neck with her hands.
Sindel- She makes that scream grenade and puts it in her own mouth. Then her head explodes.
Kitana- Stabs herself in the eyes with her fans and opens them up, making them split her head.
Mileena- Same as MKD.
Scorpion- Stabs himself.
Kenshi- Same as MKD but more gruesome.
Jade- Same as MKD.
Sheeva- Teleports, and lands upside down, head first, breaking her neck. (Similar to Sindel's in MKD but with a teleport.)
Cyrax- This is when he should self destruct.
CSZ- He should freeze himself and then explode.
SZ- Same as MKD.
Noob- Rips out his own head with his spine.
Smoke- Should melt himself with his won powers.
Quan Chi- He can just rip off his own head.
Raiden- Same as MKD.
Reptile- Should make that green ball he does and shove it in his face, making his head explode.
Kano- Should rip off his own heart.
Kabal- Same as MKD.
Johnny Cage- Rips out his own brain.
Ermac- Same as MKD.
Skarlet- Cuts herself in the arms first, Next, she stabs her self multiple times at the torso. Then, she impales herself with her blades at her breasts.

If they include hara kiris, the characters should use his powers to suicide, in MKD they used their weapons (most of them), they were all pretty much the same.

I honestly never liked hara-kiri's. I wish they would bring back mercy's though. Better than that, make them a requirement to pull off a brutality. Not entirely impossible b/c the idea was already on the table.

I don't really kare for Hara Kiris. We should have more fatalities.

A waste of development time. More time on gameplay and characters.

I don't kare if we have Hara Kiris but wow. Mortal Kombat is just isn't about gameplay either. Give kontent a chance too damn.

You know what move I really REALLY miss from MKvsDCU? Lui-Kang's combo (exactly like the starting of his X-Ray)... but they should have that move as also a combo. It would be cool because then people would get confused and think your doing an X-ray when really your not, and then you could immediately start the X-ray and catch them once they release block

You and I both. I love doing that move:/.

Hara Kiri's were fine, but they were never my favorites. If you lose, you shouldn't get any say in how you die. That's just how I always viewed finishers. A three second start-up or the whole LT/L2 option for the winner would be the only way I'd like them. Otherwise, I'd personally prefer NRS spending time on other things.

Hara Kiris are ok with me though I really don't care about them since I do hate losing. lol ;-)

But anyhow, I'd like a simple death for my characters and not so brutal. I don't even mind if Jade has her razorang decapitation Hara-Kiri back. Here are some ideas I have.

Stryker- Shoots himself in the head with his gun.
Jax- Crushes his own head with his hands.
Sonya- Breaks her own neck with her hands.
Sindel- She makes that scream grenade and puts it in her own mouth. Then her head explodes.
Kitana- Stabs herself in the eyes with her fans and opens them up, making them split her head.
Mileena- Same as MKD.
Scorpion- Stabs himself.
Kenshi- Same as MKD but more gruesome.
Jade- Same as MKD.
Sheeva- Teleports, and lands upside down, head first, breaking her neck. (Similar to Sindel's in MKD but with a teleport.)
Cyrax- This is when he should self destruct.
CSZ- He should freeze himself and then explode.
SZ- Same as MKD.
Noob- Rips out his own head with his spine.
Smoke- Should melt himself with his won powers.
Quan Chi- He can just rip off his own head.
Raiden- Same as MKD.
Reptile- Should make that green ball he does and shove it in his face, making his head explode.
Kano- Should rip off his own heart.
Kabal- Same as MKD.
Johnny Cage- Rips out his own brain.
Ermac- Same as MKD.
Skarlet- Cuts herself in the arms first, Next, she stabs her self multiple times at the torso. Then, she impales herself with her blades at her breasts.

Sheeva's should be:

Her own two BOTTOM arms rip her own two TOP arms off and then she crushes her own head (Similar to Jax's Fatality) with the two TOP arms that she is holding... then she falls over..

:p

I also vote for Hara Kiri's. Mercy would have also been simple and easy to do too. My idea for brutalities would have been after it says, "finish him"(after a mercy) comboing is possible, and any combo above 10 hits results in the opponent exploding(brutality).
I don't see animalities happening though, because of all the models they will have to do for everyone.
Friendships i would like, and maybe they can make up something new

I don't think they should have brutalities or animalities or hara kiris....just stick with fatalities, and the babalities as kind of a humorous thing, but that's it. Sometimes adding too much junk into a game starts to weigh it down, and then it just turns into of those things like 'why did they waste their time on this when they could have been doing something else?' It was a cool concept back in the day, but now it's like whatever, just stick with what works. More fatalities, less variations.

i personally think it should be like . The looser should do the winners first fatality to activate the hara kiri ? If thats cool

The next game should definitely have Hara Kiri's, along with the multi-dimensional stages concept from Deception. It was awesome, being able to knock an opponent into a completely different area of the stage.

Those things couldn't fly in this game, because then everyone would have cried, since it wasn't a part of the initial Trilogy. But, they remade the initial Trilogy with this game, and can go beyond the obvious limitations in the next game.

I'm hoping for a lot more creativity and innovation in MK10.

Those things killed Mk, Bringing themback would ruin it, 2D plane and stage finishers should be called Stageality.

I really miss Hara Kiri's, actually. I loved being given the chance to spite my opponent one last time.

I would love to see the feature return in future games in some form. Although, I am against the victor of a match having any control over its activation. That, to me, defeats the purpose.

I say if you have full xray meter once youre dead just pressing rt and lt does hara kiri, sort of like a **** it ill just use it kind of thing.