Official Dragon Ball Z Thread

Majin Vegeta was sooooooo badass, definitely my favorite incarnation of the character

He proved that you can still be kickass while being possessed

Vegeta overall is just an amazing character, IMHO. I really hate it when people think he's just a typical antihero or direct rival of the main protagonist because there's just really more to him than that

His earnest desire to beat Goku and become the best, the constant display of Vegeta's psyche whenever Goku battles someone, make it extremely easy to root for the character, and his strong sense of honor and pride as the prince of all Saiyans really helps flesh him out

I don't care what anyone says, he along with the Frieza and Android sagas really made DBZ what it is and they're the biggest reasons besides Bruce Falcouner's music for the Funimation dub are why I love DBZ

I still think that the Buu saga should have ended with Vegeta sacrificing himself to kill Buu

That's the ONE thing I know I've always wanted to see from DB, is Vegeta actually killing a major villain for once, along with him defeating Goku finally

Toriyama has a hard on for Goku, though, so neither will probably ever happen

Toriyama killed Goku off so early so Gohan could become the main character of Dragonball Z but no one liked that idea. It's the Japanese fans that have the hard on for Goku.

If you notice, Goku only truly defeats one main villain. (Vegeta-Gohan, Frieza-Trunks, Cell-Gohan again, Buu-Goku)

^ I hear a lot of people say that Toriyama was the one that decided against making Gohan the main hero. But then again, people also say that Goku is Toriyama's favorite character even though he said Piccolo before then, and they also say that the Cell saga was supposed to be the final arc when it was actually the Frieza saga that was supposed to be the final arc, so I don't know what to think before then

He's actually never stated when it was supposed to end. He's also never said he hated Dragonball GT either even though it seems he's trying his hardest to make it non-canon with the new movies.

Android 17 is a really cool character and I like his ego and sense of humor a lot, but it seems like he just completely disappeared after the Cell Saga in Z besides that one scene where Android 17 contributed to Goku's Spirit Bomb

I wish that they would have kept him and Pikkon around more

Ugh, don't remind me. It bothered me that Android 18 came back and got all this spotlight while 17 just disappeared. And since they're brother and sister 17 could have had a comeback, 18 giving him a change of heart.

But noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo let's bring him back in GT and have him get fused with some bootleg-ass Leon Kennedy, completely getting rid of him after his return to make an idiotic villain, super 17.

At least Toriyama didn't completely forgot he existed. Isn't that right, Launch?

*edit* No, really. A fan asked him why she wasn't in Z more often and that was his actual answer!

Last edited:
531705_399348020123395_945791615_n.jpg

You know Shira whenever you do that fanfic, I got a suggestion for you

One thing I really like about Android 17 is how he has like a slightly playful and childish side to him

I think you should play on that in your story, would make him really likeable

OMG!!! New Dragon Ball movie teaser!

This is the first new movie in seventeen years, following-up on the 10th anniversary movie for the franchise back in 1996. However, it also perpetuates the misunderstanding that the film is intended to fill the gap between Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT, rather than the ten years between Buu and the final Z story arc.

They say that the movie takes place during the 10 year time gap between Goku defeating Buu and the end of DBZ

I wonder if this movie will actually be a canon one

DBZ is probably one of the only animes that I watch dubbed Goku and Gohan sound like 10 year old girls in the japanese version and Funimation dub music <3

I don't understand this.

In DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, if you choose Android #18 she has the properties of an android, meaning that she can't charge her ki, but her ki regenerates faster than other characters, just like all the other androids.

That sounds fine? But wait, if she has android properties, why the hell does she have destructo disc as a move? They needed to include two different Eighteens. Android and Post-Cell shit Eighteen because even though I love 17 and 18, I hate not being able to charge my ki.

Stupid thing is, is that it's not even an advantage. It just feels like a burden. "Oh your ki charges faster by itself." It's HARDLY noticeable. Who decided that this was a good idea?!

Lol, for some reason, that reminds me of that what-if scenario from Budokai's 1 story mode where Cell accidentally absorbs Krillin instead of 18

I laughed my ass off when I first saw Cellin

LOL I saw that the other day on Facebook.

Hercule's attacks are hilarious in Tenkaichi 3 but he's damn near unusable because his normal attacks don't even make your opponent flinch lol