Official Dragon Ball Z Thread

Dragon Ball Z's one of my all-time favorite shows. I watched it since I was a wee lad. I enjoyed each series, but of course, DBZ was my favorite.

My #1 favorite character is Cell. He used to scare me as a child, but I have since grown to love his character. Other characters like Vegeta, Broly, and Piccolo rank among my favorites.

I have all the Budokai/Tenkaichi games so far, and they're all dandy. I can't wait for this new one, for it will be the first DBZ game for me since BT3.

Last edited:
Fro the 4th Time On Raging Blast 2 I Got The Seven Dragon Balls Porunga Gave Me 3 Wishes!

1.Goku Meteor Combination
2.Glacier
3.Underworld

I cried when I thought Cell killed Piccolo.

I'm only gonna say this once: GT was the worst thing to happen to the Dragonball franchise since the Garlic Jr. Saga. (Grabs marshmallows and aloe vera in preparation for the flames about to occur.)

Forgive me, Maatthew. ^^;

I cried when I thought Cell killed Piccolo.

I'm only gonna say this once: GT was the worst thing to happen to the Dragonball franchise since the Garlic Jr. Saga. (Grabs marshmallows and aloe vera in preparation for the flames about to occur.)

Forgive me, Maatthew. ^^;

I forgive you, I know it's widely hated but for some reason I enjoyed it.

I used to be a huge DBZ fan. From age 14 to 16, it was my life lol. I had tons of old imported Bandai figures and fansubs of all the movies and episodes (nicluding GT) years before they were released in the US.

I'm a big Dragon Ball fan for 10+ years. I read the whole manga more then once, seen the whole anime series and all the movies. I never care for Kai since it's really nothing new that we already seen before and I have all three Budokai and Spraking games on the PS2 too. I used to be a news editor for the MFG forums before Ace (The site leader) shut down the place.

I always got a sick sense of satisfaction when 18 broke Vegeta's arm. Arms aren't supposed to bend that way! I used to hate him so much.

When I was younger I hated Vegeta but as I got older, I started to like him, now he's my favorite DBZ character. He's such a dick haha. Him and Cage should have a sitcom.

over9000.jpg

Because it was clearly > 9000.

I love DragonBall Z and it will always have a spot in my heart. I always loved the fights and the music. But, besides Vegeta and the first two forms of Cell, the villan's voices always anoyyed me. Frieza's voice just seemed out of place for me. I mean its like, Frieza is a DUDE, why does he sound like a pissed off Grandmother? Perfect Cell's voice just makes me think he would rather make out with Gohan or Goku, than fight them. Finally, except for Super Buu, Kid Buu and Fat Buu's voice ticked me off soo much. For Kid Buu, its not like alot of other shows have bad guys who speak in laughs and grunts. Oh wait... Then Fat Buu is the reason Vegeta sacrifices himself, and I really wanted to like this form of him, but his voice and just his mannerisms ruined it for me. Thats just my two cents though. Oh and if anybody is wondering, I like Vegeta. He was the underdog, of the show and no matter how bad the main villain kicked his ass, he would still keep on fighting.

Nappa, Zarbon, Doadoria, Appule, Raditz, and Cui can all go suck a big one for all I care..

Fav Fight scenes:
Gohan vs. Cell
Goku vs. Majin Vageta
Goku vs. Cell

Fav Saga(s):
Vageta
Freeza (only really because of when Goku went SSJ1 for first time)
Cell
and Android sagas.

Question. What does the "J" stand for in Super Saiyn?

Question. What does the "J" stand for in Super Saiyn?

I believe its how the Japanese say Super Saiyan; we say Super Saiyan, they say Super Saiya-jin.

Edit: Never mind Jinko beat me to it

DBZ was one of the first animes that I ever watched. I remember telling my mom to hurry up when she picked me up from school so I wouldn't miss the Android Saga on Toonami (anyone remember Toonami? haha ).

When I was a kid, I played DBZ Super Butouden on the SNES.

At the time, I didn't realize it was a comic series, let alone a big media franchise. This was way before the anime craze hit the United States.

Last edited:
Watched Harry Potter Goblet of Fire on ABC Family today. Anyone else see the resemblance between Harry's battle with Voldemort and Gohan's battle with Perfect Cell?

Also, when is DBZ gonna be on streaming Netflix? C'mon!

Me and my brother use to watch DBZ all the time we had the toys, the games, we still have some of the VHS episodes :D... To bad we dont have a VCR D: but either way DBZ is and always will be #1 of my favorite anime of all time.