Dragon Ball Ultimate Tenkachi Coming For Xbox 360,PS3

Recon Number 54

well some people might be familiar with dragon ball and their games tenkachi games in particular it had alot of characters and good graphics well tenkachi fans our prayers have been answered again

What’s a news post about a new Naruto game if it isn’t followed by a news post about a new Dragon Ball Z game? It’s nothing, it’s not even real. So to cement that the new Naruto game coming out next year is indeed real, Namco Bandai also announced that a new Dragon Ball Z game is coming out this year for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Vice President of Marketing at NAMCO BANDAI Games America, Carlson Choi had a few words to share about the brand new Dragon Ball Z game, saying…
“Fans of the Dragon Ball series of games are among the most passionate gamers and anime experts in the world,” ... “That’s why we reached out to them through our social channels and forums last month to find out what the name should be for the deepest, richest and most intense Dragon Ball game yet. The fans have spoken, and today we’re happy to announce that Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi will be hitting stores across the country this October.”

Yes, because there have been so many Dragon Ball Z games that even Namco Bandai have run out of ideas. Heck, I think there may be more Dragon Ball games than there are Mario games…one day, I will compare them to see.

But before the above happens let’s talk about Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi and what it features: the game will have upgraded environmental and character graphics, with a brand new art-style ripped right from the original Manga. That’s actually kind of cool when you think about it. Also, environments will be completely destructible with all new crater and explosion effects to give gamers a truly immersive feel to the gameplay.

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi is set to release on October 25th for the Xbox 360 and PS3. All things Dragon Ball Z will be on display at booth #5136 at the Funimation booth #4135 at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con.

Need more info? Feel free to visit the Official Website.

EDIT some screenshots http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/3...dragon-ball-z-ultimate-tenkaichi-screenshots/

Last edited:
I don't see the point of DBZ games.

Same fighters, same story, and same gameplay every game.

They just add 1 or 2 gimmicks to spice it up :?

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for this post! I did not know there is a new DBZ game on the way! I am such a huge Dragon Ball fan! Thanks man!
Games looks awsome! Can't wait to play it!

I don't see the point of DBZ games.

They just add 1 or 2 gimmicks to spice it up :?

I stop playing DBZ games after Shin Budokai for the PSP. I just can't play the Tenkaichi nor Raging Blast series due to the confusing controls. Bought Raging Blast a couple of years ago and took it back a week later.

I disagree with the last part of your last statement. This is an old franchise after all, with licensed games developed since the 80s.

That being said, I happen to like Super DBZ, but I'm generally wary about DBZ games and other licensed games for that matter.

Last edited:
I've found some new videos:

Graphics look awesome, but gameplay looks like crap. It's feels like playing MK9 with infinite meter and both players doing X-Rays all the time.

And it looks like the game will cover the entire DBZ series, including the movies.

Only characters I liked from DBZ were Piccolo, Cooler and Hercule.
Hercule was hilarious :laugh:

I'm not big on "quick time events" that is now so common in console games. While the cutscenes may look good, players also have less control over the action, which not a favorable tradeoff to me.

Last edited:
Looks like we have a new tournament caliber fighting game on our hands, jk
What are your guys favorite characters? I like Vegeta and Piccolo, my favorite bad guy is Cooler

My favorite good guys are: Vegetto, Gotenks and Gohan in Cell Games.
And favorite bad guys are: Cell and Janemba.

Love the series (still love the original Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z), watched it everyday it came on (Toonami FTW!!!) as a kid, but I bailed after Dragon Ball: GT. As for the games... I stopped playing after Budokai 3, so I have no idea what the games are like now lol.

I gave up on DB video games series coz to be honest IT DOESNT GET BETTER AND NOTHING NEW IS ADDED STORYWISE AND GAMEPLAY WISE TOO.

How can anybody reasonably expect anything new story-wise? The comics and TV series more or less ended in the 90s. The intent of the games are to recapture the feel and certain moments of the the series, not re-invent the whole story.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this since I have been waiting for a good HD DBZ game for a while now. Burst Limit was fun for a while, I did like the first Raging Blast game but those star pieces where annoying. The second game was bit better which is not saying much since it was the same with some new characters, the raging soul mode and the lousy remake of Eradicate the Super Saiyans.

From what I've read that this is Spike's last DBZ game since their rights to Dragon Ball could come to a end next year. The Sparking games (I don't like the Budokai title slap on to them since there not really Budokai games) where a lot of fun but I still think Budoaki 1-3 where bit better. If this flops then I can hope that Dimps will make a new Budokai game for the 10 year run of the video game series.

this game definitely looks interesting. but dbz games on the ps3 SUCK. the best dbz games were on ps2, especially budokai 3 and tenkaichi 2. but this one seems it might not dissapoint, and creating your own character seems cool. I'll wait for the reviews