Official DLC Ideas Discussion ~ Stages, Costumes, Characters, -alities, etc.

Do You Think Elder God Liu Kang Should Be A Downloadable Character?

Personally, I think he would at least be a great alternate costume to Liu Kang. However, they could do what they did with with Sub-Zero, and have his human form and Cyber Sub-Zero as two separate fighters.

Here's what the character looks like for those who haven't seen him yet:

LiuKang_god.jpg

Re: Do You Think Elder God Liu Kang Should Be A Downloadable Character?

I thought the same thing. An alternate costume would probably be best though. There'd probably be too much rage if they made him a whole new character all together.

I think liu kang zombie would be resurected by a spirit liu kang, then back to normal:)

if they made him a character, then no one would ever play Normal Liu Kang anymore. Same thing happedend to Link when they added Toon Link.

Alt costume without the uber god powers would be fine. Same goes for Super Johnny Cage and Cyber Kabal from the other endings

I'd like it as a alt costume, same with enhanced kabal. I wouldn't call him cyber kabal, because he is already a cyborg to begin with.

I'd like it as a alt costume, same with enhanced kabal. I wouldn't call him cyber kabal, because he is already a cyborg to begin with.

Sorry but kabal isnt cyber. Yes he wears a mask but that is to help him breath. He is fully human.

if they made him a character, then no one would ever play Normal Liu Kang anymore. Same thing happedend to Link when they added Toon Link.

Alt costume without the uber god powers would be fine. Same goes for Super Johnny Cage and Cyber Kabal from the other endings

That only happened because toon link is higher tier and regular link is Low tier.

That only happened because toon link is higher tier and regular link is Low tier.

yeah, they went a little overboard when they nerfed link. And they went a little overboard in making Toon Link so powerfull. That's why normal link was so crappy compared to toon link, which sucks cause I dont like that chibi piece of shit and wish old link was better. Accidentally started a smash bros discussion, I am sorry lol

God Liu Kang is a perfect example of alt costumes that NRS is missing out on big time ,and should put these ideas to use.

Sorry but kabal isnt cyber. Yes he wears a mask but that is to help him breath. He is fully human.

cy·borg
noun /ˈsīˌbôrg/ 
cyborgs, plural

A fictional or hypothetical person whose physical abilities are extended beyond normal human limitations by mechanical elements built into the body

Cyborgs: Kabal, Kano, Smoke (when he was Cyborg), Sektor, Cyrax, Cyber-Zero, Jax.

cy·borg
noun /ˈsīˌbôrg/ 
cyborgs, plural

A fictional or hypothetical person whose physical abilities are extended beyond normal human limitations by mechanical elements built into the body

Cyborgs: Kabal, Kano, Smoke (when he was Cyborg), Sektor, Cyrax, Cyber-Zero, Jax.

Here we go again with people calling other characters "cyber. . ."

Kabal is Human.

Well, Arkham City is WB too so how about some small Batman expansion (the grittiest DC hero) to promote both AC and MK. Batman, Joker, Catwoman, Bane, Poison Ivy and Two Face for example as playable characters with a couple of stages like Batcave, Arkham, Black*forgot* Prison and Iceberg Lounge

But I already know there will be the "no fatalities" issue so I leave it at that. Just food for thought. Alternatively it would be fun if AC got some sort of Mortal Kombat Challenge Map in which Batman has to beat or stealth takedown MK characters

Well, Arkham City is WB too so how about some small Batman expansion (the grittiest DC hero) to promote both AC and MK. Batman, Joker, Catwoman, Bane, Poison Ivy and Two Face for example as playable characters with a couple of stages like Batcave, Arkham, Black*forgot* Prison and Iceberg Lounge

But I already know there will be the "no fatalities" issue so I leave it at that. Just food for thought. Alternatively it would be fun if AC got some sort of Mortal Kombat Challenge Map in which Batman has to beat or stealth takedown MK characters

oh no. not this, people just cant let MKvsDC go can they

but I will admit, If they ever ever conisdered putting a batman character Bane would fit perfectly
Bane.jpg

I'm not saying they should, but if they wanted to get people hyped about the Dark Knight Rises,and wanted to make a quick buck off of it.(like you mentioned, they are both owned by WB) I could see them putting bane in

of course this is all irrelevant as there isnt going to be any more DLC

Wtf is wrong with you guys?... lol...

There isn't going to be anymore DLC in MK9!.... Your just letting yourself down, by wishing for something that isn't going to EVER happen...

so sad...

oh no. not this, people just cant let MKvsDC go can they

Thing is Superman and the gang are too bright and uber for MK but Batman universe holds a lot of the same gritty violent stuff MK does. Thinking deeper it would be kinda fun if (in expansion, spinoff game, whatever) the MK roster would somehow teleport in overrun Arkham Asylum. Excluding Batman as character the dark gritty asylum could pit a lot of good candidates from Joker to Bane to Poison Ivy to Black Mask to Scarecrow (Too much like Freddy though)

Anyway I don't see the problem with still discussing ideas. It's not like the ideas were that plausible to begin with. I'm just dissapointed no fighting game has really delivered their "with DLC our options are limitless, dozens or even a hundred characters" hype