Official DLC Ideas Discussion ~ Stages, Costumes, Characters, -alities, etc.

Re: Carnage and Venom

You know what would be better?

Real Mortal Kombat characters.

you know, I use to say the same exact thing, as much as I want and should agree with you, I have come to conclusion that they have already used up all the good mk characters. The only ones I want is Robosmoke/chameleon and those are never going to happen anyway.

So I finaly gave up and changed my mind, I actually would like a guest character now. I hate kratos though. I just think they could give another shot with a guest character and do it right this time. Spawn/Predator seem to be on my mind right now.

I am not a fan of guest characters and even if i like a lot the Venom character i prefer not, imo they can try to make a different/second fighting game to see and experiment with super heroes and other fan guest random characters and if they manage to have some good ideas with them and make them violent and dark (which i doubt after MKvsDC) like the MK characters think later for a crossover or guest as dlc.
Also the super heroes either good or villain can't be so brutal to have a bloody fatality and things like that since the comics goes and sell more to kids so a smart idea is if they ever add something like that is to add for ex the Marvel Zombies version instead of the normal type of character.

you know, I use to say the same exact thing, as much as I want and should agree with you, I have come to conclusion that they have already used up all the good mk characters. The only ones I want is Robosmoke/chameleon and those are never going to happen anyway.

So I finaly gave up and changed my mind, I actually would like a guest character now. I hate kratos though. I just think they could give another shot with a guest character and do it right this time. Spawn/Predator seem to be on my mind right now.

They can always create new characters...

I think it would be badass. Venom's xray, runs at enemy and hits them like reptile, comes from behind, bites into their head, shatters their skull. Then throws them up and punches them in the sternum, making it collapse! AWESOME!!!

maybe so, Skarlett is pretty much an original character.Yes she was a rumor but she was only a red kitana. And they were able to expand her to a new and original character. NRS have proven that they have gotten better at creating original characters. So I dont think we have to worry about them shitting out dull characters like Taven/Daegon

I dont know, the new character is gonna have to be pretty awesome in order to compete with Rain/Kenshi. And no other requested DLC character can compete with them either. I'm sorry but If you were to put kenshi with someone like Rieko or Fujin to someone who has never played a mortal kombat game before, they are going to automaticly go for kenshi. You get my hint? NRS are gonna have to sweat there balls off creating an actual good new character, or get a guest in order to make this last DLC worthy.

DC might be darker in general than Marvel but they're really not that dark either so the MK vs DC game got softened by a mile.

So I was thinking maybe this time NSR could go for Carnage and Venom licenses for DLC characters. They'd be perfect fit without any compromises. They can do hideous fatalities as well as get torn apart. Show no mercy to anyone.

Who would like to see some symbiote action?

Do you read Marvel books? Marvel has pretty much always been darker than DC, especially with todays comics. DC has always gone out of its way to be P.C., where Marvel takes way more risks with its characters. On the subject of Venom or Carnage in MK, I'd say Nah, I'd rather see them as DLC in MVC 3.

MK vs Marvel would be pretty cool, as long as it was kept Mortal Kombat like.

My list of characters:

Wolverine (He's brutal and would fit)
Ghost Rider (Dudes basically Marvel's Scorpion)
Venom (NO ONE BEATS VENOM!)
Carnage/Other Symbiote son/daughter of Venom(Would be an awesome villain for Venom)
The Punisher (Stryker vs him would be awesome)

So wasnt I expressing my own opinion? Waht's wrong with it.

No guests, MK must remain pure (well Kratos is already bothering me there).

You are more than welcome to express your opinion. We will just have to agree to disagree. My point is that this specific thread is about the hypothetical inclusion of specific guest characters (of which I have seen several threads; reinforcing the belief that many here would be receptive to guest characters). If NO guest character is appealing to you, I recommend staying out of the thread entirely, instead of just panning the idea entirely. The old saying, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" comes to mind.

A possible compromise would be guest characters as DLC only, not included on disc, allowing those who want Mortal Kombat to remain pure to do so without penalty, and those who do like guest characters can download and enjoy them. Obviously the guest characters would be barred from certain online modes (but shouldn't be from all) and tournaments.

They would be cool but I'd rather have Cyber Smoke, Reiko, or another new character basically any MK character but the #1 guest character I want is Akuma imagine a Raging Demon X-Ray

Is that the only reason why? SMH

I already made a thread about this.

Didn't go well. . .

This one may be good because TRMK lost a lot of TRUE AND REAL MK fans.

So wasnt I expressing my own opinion? Waht's wrong with it.

No guests, MK must remain pure (well Kratos is already bothering me there).

I will give you rep when I kan. What you said is very true.

I've been wanting Predator in MK forever. He fits perfectly.

No one fits in Mortal Kombat but Mortal Kombat characters.

MK vs Marvel would be pretty cool, as long as it was kept Mortal Kombat like.

My list of characters:

Wolverine (He's brutal and would fit)
Ghost Rider (Dudes basically Marvel's Scorpion)
Venom (NO ONE BEATS VENOM!)
Carnage/Other Symbiote son/daughter of Venom(Would be an awesome villain for Venom)
The Punisher (Stryker vs him would be awesome)

capcom were too stupid and gave up this opportunity, so I guess MK can have them

FACEPALM, don't you think if NRS had Marvel, Warner Bros would make a DC crossover fighting game? Something everyone has been wanting. And I kould of sworn Boon said we'll never have another game with super heroes. And I'm pretty sure Boon doesn't want another T rated game.

FACEPALM, don't you think if NRS had Marvel, Warner Bros would make a DC crossover fighting game? Something everyone has been wanting. And I kould of sworn Boon said we'll never have another game with super heroes. And I'm pretty sure Boon doesn't want another T rated game.
I dont actually want venom/carnage in mk9. I was just pointing out how they missed a big opportunity by not putting Venom in MVC3

No thank you.they already are in a fighting game.Honestly it sounds good in theory,but they would look out of place and silly in a MK game.I like my MK pure

I'd rather see brand new characters instead of guest ones. I like Venom and Carnage but I just don't think they'd fit in well with MK. If we do have another guest character, I hope it's Albert Wesker from Resident Evil.

I'd rather see brand new characters instead of guest ones. I like Venom and Carnage but I just don't think they'd fit in well with MK. If we do have another guest character, I hope it's Albert Wesker from Resident Evil.

Doubtful; Wesker is owned by Capcom, who wouldn't give their biggest rival Fighting Game a guest out of one of their games.