Official DLC Ideas Discussion ~ Stages, Costumes, Characters, -alities, etc.

Personally I hate the unmasked Sub-Zero look. Sub-Zero is my favorites character of all time (not just favorite MK or video game character, no favorite character in general). And the unmasked look is just terrible. As popular as MK3 was it was responsible for butchering my childhood hero.(plus no scorpion in original MK3, that was a mistake too.) It's my opinion that Sub-Zero was "Bad-Ass incarnate." I like the mysterious chinese assassin angle, the generic white renegade who left his clan not soo much. I never saw anything wrong with the pallette swapping when i was younger, Sub-Zero was awesome no need to change his character design at all, and since scorpion wasn't in the original MK3 the pallete swap complaint wouldn't have been very valid.

Anyway no need for unmasked Sub-Zero, hell why not take away kung lao's hat, baraka's teeth, or any other trait that make a character cool and recognisable away from them.

And i believe i remember reading that they added this to Sub-Zero's story just to justify his new MK3 look when people questioned the change in appearence from the MK2 ending.

Best explanation, no more words needed.

Re: Your Top 3 Costume DLC Wishlist

First of all Alternate Costume for Skarlet, or all of the Alternate Costumes for all of the DLC Kharacters :p
2. Inferno Scorpion (With a different costume design, not the same as the others)
3. Cyber Smoke :D

Re: UnMasked Tundra Kostume for DLC

Just so you guys know if you want to get real technical, there aren't any REAL Ninjas in MK. Ninjas are people who are skilled in Ninjutsu, which no MK character uses. Female Ninjas are not called Ninjas, they are called Kunoichi, also. Ninja is not a status based on appearance, it's a status based on martial art. The only reason why I refer to some characters as Ninja is just so people know who I'm talking about. These characters have somewhat Ninja-esque looks (mainly just the mask).

Just so you guys know if you want to get real technical, there aren't any REAL Ninjas in MK. Ninjas are people who are skilled in Ninjutsu, which no MK character uses. Female Ninjas are not called Ninjas, they are called Kunoichi, also. Ninja is not a status based on appearance, it's a status based on martial art. The only reason why I refer to some characters as Ninja is just so people know who I'm talking about. These characters have somewhat Ninja-esque looks (mainly just the mask).

You are right, but people call them ninjas cause of the look no matter the other stuff.

Where does it say that? In Mortal Kombat 1, he was part of a CHINESE Ninja Clan.

He descovers he is a cryomancer in MKD if im not wrong.

Also he was american-chinese since ever, but he had a chinese look in MK2, in MK3 he was described as a chinese with american looking and since that game was displayed like that.
end22zc2.png

Though I prefer the american look over the asian one, since Scorpion is the asian looking ninja, but I want him masked and hooded all the time.

The reason I didnt buy MKDA was because i was going to buy it but played it in a friend's house but when i saw unmasked SZ, i said "No thank you", and I didnt buy it, also the lack of ninjas was the reason I never liked MK3.

By your logic, Cyrax is a ninja since Ninjitsu is one his styles in MK:DA. Ninjas in pop culture in general, not just MK, have little or no basis in reality, so don't see how this would matter at all.

Last edited:

Ew^^^^^
Dude, that MKD Alt. Kostume for Sub-Zero was horrible. Why would they give him a ponytail. BLAH
Anyways, I really like that unmasked klassic render of Sub-Zero. Would this be for CSZ or SZ. Because Tundra is both??

Not into the whole unmasking of characters either. I am a big fan of the mystique.

It even took me a while to get over Kane too. How dare they??!?!!!??

I've never been a big fan of unmasked sub zero myself, but I wouldn't mind see it. If you don't like it, then you don't have to buy it then.

I love the idea. ONE exception...i would rather see this as an alternate for Cyber-Sub Zero ...imagine having MK3 Kuai and Sub-Zero's Bi Han alternate together on one team...EPIC ICE SHIT GOING ON!
I don't know. That would be kind of ridiclous with cyber zero's fatalities and all.

no really, i'm a bit indifferent about him being maskless or not, (as an alt. not a main), but if he is maskless, i want them to make him look asian, not white, like they have done everytime before

Mmm, i never liked so much unmasked sub-zero, but if come as a dlc/extra/non.canon/retro (lol) costume.. welcome then :p It would be an interesting addition.

By your logic, Cyrax is a ninja since Ninjitsu is one his styles in MK:DA. Ninjas in pop culture in general, not just MK, have little or no basis in reality, so don't see how this would matter at all.

He only used it in one or two games, strictly for a gameplay mechanic. Cyrax as a character in his canon does not actually use Ninjutsu.

He only used it in one or two games, strictly for a gameplay mechanic. Cyrax as a character in his canon does not actually use Ninjutsu.

Whether you like it nor not, DA and Armageddon are part of the series. I have yet to see any evidence denies Cyrax using Ninjitsu.

Fighting styles doesnt mean anything.

Sub-Zero has Shotokan as his fighting style in MKA, and shotokan is a Karate version, it has far far chinese roots but it "grown" in Japan, and is considered a Japanse martial art, and we all knows Sub-Zero is Chinese.

I just realized how weird it sounds to have a white guy being part of a clan ........RUN JAX RUN!!!!