Official DLC Ideas Discussion ~ Stages, Costumes, Characters, -alities, etc.

Re: Fighting/Weapons Styles as DLC?

I think there are enough moves and combo possibilities to play around with as it is. However, multiple stances can work with if they are well-balanced; otherwise it will be like the previous games, where each character would have to stick to one dominant style because the others are less useful.

No thanks. Weapons are already a part of some chain combos, I like it that way. The style changing was part of what turned me away from the MK series, after being such a huge fan. I think the fighting system of this game is just fine.

Yeah sorry...but the whole fighting styles thing was part of what ruined MK during the 3D era.

I do agree that it should serve more purpose, and in a way it does...you can potentially connect with combos that don't connet while facing the other way. There was a thread about that a day or two ago showing how Kung Lao's combos differ when switching stance.

Alright cool. Thats a resounding hell no so far. I thought maybe it would be cool if they did it in the new style of play. The 3D games were so slow and the stab your enemy til he bleeds to death was retarded. But some of the characters weapons styles were good. If they took the time and did it right maybe it would work. Worked the super meter in to it. Like instead of racking up damage with an X-Ray you could switch to a weapon for a limited time til you drained your meter. Im happy with the game its the best MK in years. Id like to see a failed idea get turned around into something great. Wishful thinking I guess.

Re: Do you think we will get "Friendship's" on DLC?

It would be great if Friendships were DLC, but I don't think they will be. I think they could lose some of their charm if they were bought and known about, instead of locked and hidden in the game. The only ways I can see these coming are either hidden through a patch, or a paid expansion - "Ultimate MK9" or something like that.

Re: Edenian Stage Ideas for DLC

i know most of u thought edenia was in the desert, i found a good picture of how i think edenia would look in a desert.

Arabian_Castle_Concept_1_by_The_-1.jpg

& here's edenia on a waterfall
castle-mist-waterfall-gush.jpg

Waterfall_Castle_matte_art_by_fstarno.jpg

this could be edenia under kahn's control
dark_castle.jpg

dark-cavorn-castle-night.jpg

Last edited:

Edenia was in fact the desert as confimed in the Art of Mortal Kombat booklet that you got from the Kollectors Edition, the passage on the stage states:

The original desert background from Ultimate MK3 was littered with the ruins of Edenia. In our redesign, we wanted to ramp up the drama and scale and really drive home the devastation that Shao Kahn wrought on this once peaceful realm. The giant fallen statue of Sindel embodies both these ideas. We also wanted to update the desert itself, so we made the sand dynamically react to the fighter's footstep - a first for Mortal Kombat. Don't think that we forgot about Cyrax either - look carefully and you just might find him.

I had to buy someone's kollector's edition book on eBay since the Kollector's edition strategy guide left me disappointed on the concept art section as well...the kollector's edition book is much better. For 15 bucks, this booklet is awesome even if its a tad bit small...

Isn't The Desert, Edenia after it's fall by Shao Kahn's invasion? Considering the settling, the statue in the background, and
Spoiler:
the fact Queen Sindel is buried there in story mode.
you would certainly believe so, at least.

I was about to say the same thing.

Anyway, I don't really want to see the REAL Edenia until it's properly introduced. A stage set in Edenia (post-invasion), I'm totally down for.

Edenia was in fact the desert as confimed in the Art of Mortal Kombat booklet that you got from the Kollectors Edition, the passage on the stage states:

The original desert background from Ultimate MK3 was littered with the ruins of Edenia. In our redesign, we wanted to ramp up the drama and scale and really drive home the devastation that Shao Kahn wrought on this once peaceful realm. The giant fallen statue of Sindel embodies both these ideas. We also wanted to update the desert itself, so we made the sand dynamically react to the fighter's footstep - a first for Mortal Kombat. Don't think that we forgot about Cyrax either - look carefully and you just might find him.

oh! thats interesting, that probably explains why edenians wear revealing outfits.

Anyway, I don't really want to see the REAL Edenia until it's properly introduced. A stage set in Edenia (post-invasion), I'm totally down for.
i agree,the desert castle looks possible

Re: Do you think we will get "Friendship's" on DLC?

I'd be lying if I didn't miss a few classics like Reptile & Liu Kang's they we're just too good.

i found a stunning picture of a desert palace. sorry 4 the double post.

Desert_Palace_by_CassiopeiaArt.jpg

Re: Sweet Tooth as DLC?

MK universe really needs a Clown based character imo. I would prefer an original. Like people said, it would be a PS3 exclusive. I use PS3 and I'm a huge Sweet Tooth fan, but enough with those exclusive characters. Make something that can be used on any version.