Official DLC Ideas Discussion ~ Stages, Costumes, Characters, -alities, etc.

Re: Are kombatants able to defeat Jason?

in mk freddy was toned down so if jason gets in mk theyll tone him down

Ill put it this way, Kratos kills gods, titans and mythical greek beasts but he can loose to a pity human like Sonya.

Re: Jason Voorhees in MK9?

*** Sorry, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Ahahahahhaha! I know what you got that line from... LOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! Funny ass shit bro! But yea, Jason is WAY to slow to be in this game. He wouldnt even be able to jump, just walk really REALLY slow... and maybe have a ridiculous amount of Armor to him... but still, He'll get the crap beaten out of him so bad! But shit bro, I would love to see Jason and Freddy go at it just one last time. We all know who would rise as the victor! Ahemmm... Mr. Krueger!

Boooooooooo-yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

;P

Ahahahahhaha! I know what you got that line from... LOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! Funny ass shit bro! But yea, Jason is WAY to slow to be in this game. He wouldnt even be able to jump, just walk really REALLY slow... and maybe have a ridiculous amount of Armor to him... but still, He'll get the crap beaten out of him so bad! But shit bro, I would love to see Jason and Freddy go at it just one last time. We all know who would rise as the victor! Ahemmm... Mr. Krueger!

Boooooooooo-yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

;P

Most people that says Jason is too slow and would get his ass beaten are just underestimating what Jason really is. The man kills whoever he targets. No matter how fast you get away from him and he is just "walking", he will be moments away from killing you. Jason is superhuman with impossible powers only the creator could explain. Every fighter from MK has some super powers, so why not allow Jason as a DLC. The only concern is to tame Jason and give him some moves (which would screw this type of character), otherwise just perform a fatality at anytime which would be kool.

My personal thought about using Jason in MK.... I think Jason should be playable after pressing certain buttons while he shows up in a background, let's say The Graveyard. After pressing those buttons, you may temporarily use him and at anytime during the match, perform a fatality. Even a special stage fatality I have in mind. Also, Jason's damage meter gets recovered. Slowly but kool.

The initial rumours said: Freddy and Jason were both on works to be included in MK9, so I don't know why people would exclude the possibility of Jason being included in the game...

Well Raiden is a god... I think that counts for something, right?

And so what? Deities of MK aren't extremely powerful, e.g. all elemental gods were killed by Sub-Zero - human. Simple mortal can defeat them.

I'm a huge horror fan, and I think the inclusion of Freddy was genious, even though he doesn't particularly suit my fighting style. BUT, I hope to god Jason is never in this game, or in fact pinhead, michael myers etc and whoever because if they got too carried away it'd completely kill it, leave it be at freddy

My problem with these random guest characters is that they aren't, for the most part, martial artists. Strip away MK's violence and gore and you are left with characters who can genuinely fight. The mocap is done with people who are trained in marital arts which is why I love MK; there is an indirect authenticity behind each kick, punch, etc (forget special moves and the mystical parts of MK).

People get way too hung up on MK's violence and bloodshed, so based on that, any horror icon fits into the game. As a game based in martial arts minus gory violence, they do not fit in so much.

Guest characters are cheap marketing ploys and in my mind, "degrade" a game. If a studio has to resort to using guest characters to garner interest in the game that already has oodles of interest and sales, then to me it feels as though what they have created is not good enough to stand on its own.

MK 2011 is not that, thankfully, and really did not need Kratos and Freddy. Hell, it doesn't even really need Skarlet, Kenshi, or Rain. I was happy with the roster the way it was from the start. More is not always better.

My problem with these random guest characters is that they aren't, for the most part, martial artists. Strip away MK's violence and gore and you are left with characters who can genuinely fight. The mocap is done with people who are trained in marital arts which is why I love MK; there is an indirect authenticity behind each kick, punch, etc (forget special moves and the mystical parts of MK).

People get way too hung up on MK's violence and bloodshed, so based on that, any horror icon fits into the game. As a game based in martial arts minus gory violence, they do not fit in so much.

So your saying that Freddy doesnt know Kung FU?!?!? You haven't watched Freddy vs. Jason, or other A nightmare on Elm Street films then... Specifically this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-B_K7fuQxc (even though that's in the DREAM world where Freddy has power) But even OUT of the dream world (Meaning Freddy is stripped of his powers) Freddy STILL knows kung-fu (combos and all) and is A BEAST: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOdhZicxVAs (ESPECIALLY IN THIS CLIP!!!!!!!)

Most people that says Jason is too slow and would get his ass beaten are just underestimating what Jason really is. The man kills whoever he targets. No matter how fast you get away from him and he is just "walking", he will be moments away from killing you. Jason is superhuman with impossible powers only the creator could explain. Every fighter from MK has some super powers, so why not allow Jason as a DLC. The only concern is to tame Jason and give him some moves (which would screw this type of character), otherwise just perform a fatality at anytime which would be kool.

My personal thought about using Jason in MK.... I think Jason should be playable after pressing certain buttons while he shows up in a background, let's say The Graveyard. After pressing those buttons, you may temporarily use him and at anytime during the match, perform a fatality. Even a special stage fatality I have in mind. Also, Jason's damage meter gets recovered. Slowly but kool.

As for the first part, I would have to disagree! Watch Freddy VS. Jason and you will understand! Freddy BEAT his ass in the DREAM world (their first battle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlgY7YnxXYc), and even in the REAL world, Freddy Kun-Fu'd Jason's ass BIGTIME! Sure he got in a few good swings, and dragged Freddy's body through an entire burning cottage from window to window (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akcT9Ak66mo&feature=related), ripped off his arm, chopped him good a few times... and impaled Freddy (from behind) through his chest with his OWN glove (!... BUT FREDDY... He is unbeatable in the DREAM WORLD, and when it came to the REAL world, Freddy's ratio of punches and kicks TO Jason's punches was 14:5 (and that's being generous to Jason), and don't forget when Freddy blasted a propane tank towards Jason's chest crushing his rib cage, then impaling Jason with a dozen rods of barbed-wire from above, dropping an anchored harness carrying steel weighed heavily bashing Jason left and right several times (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOdhZicxVAs), chopping off Jason's fingers COMPLETELY, slicing Jason DOZENS of times with his OWN machete, blinding Jason with a STAB through each eye socket with the blades from his gloves, digging into his chest for Jason's heart, and then FINALLY impaling Jason through his heart with his OWN machete! http://youtu.be/sKng1eAD7hg) ... The only reason Freddy got killed in the movie was because that bimbo blond and pathetic boy-band wanna be SLICED off Freddy's head with Jason's Machete http://youtu.be/sKng1eAD7hg at 4:23 in) ... We really did not get a clear WINNER in that movie, but if you are smart enough.... you will realize that EVEN though Jason is walking with Freddy's chopped off head... And then Freddy winking at the camera (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf6iHwKJrrk) ...its ALL in the DREAM WORLD! Which means Freddy is once again in Jason's head playing him like a little ***** puppet! Jason is a PAWN! A SLOW, BRAINLESS PAWN. Look at how easily Freddy manipulated that big dummy in the beginning of the movie (pretending to be Jason's mother... lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb-phyKVYNc at 5:00 in) Jason is quite pathetic! So actually, let me rephrase my last statement... Jason wouldn't get the CRAP beatin' out of him... he would be COMPLETELY DESTROYED if he ever when toe-to-toe with ANY MK character (excluding Stryker, lol), not to mention him having to face Freddy again, which would be NO MATCH, yet again, leaving Freddy as VICTOR!

As for your second part... I ONLY agree with you, in the fact that IF Jason were to become a part of MK9, then technically, he should have his health regenerate as time goes by as in the movies (and also to make up for the fact that he cannot jump, and that he will be super slow.... yea that wont be lag, its just how he is. lol). he would also have to have armor. But FORGET HIM having combos. He has NEVER displayed agility in any "Friday the 13th" movie in the form of death "combos" EVER!!!! So why would he be quick and fast all of a sudden now?!?? UNLESS... They bring the "ROBO" Jason (From Jason X) into the game...

Then he would have the ability of jumping and combos... Hmmmmmmmmm... MAN THAT IS ACTAULLY NOT A BAD IDEA AT ALL! Yea, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! They should have Jason X in the game, instead of regular Jason!!! I mean why not? The Freddy they chose to put in MK9 was the "new" Freddy (as opposed to Robert Englund's version, so why cant we have the NEW JASON?!?!? Which would technically be Jason X (since that is the most recent Jason movie)!!!

I think then, and ONLY then, would Jason have a chance in this tournament... Also Freddy would destroy old Jason, NO PROBLEM... But Jason X... now that is another story... Now that would be a GREAT battle!

:p

Last edited:

So your saying that Freddy doesnt know Kung FU?!?!? You haven't watched Freddy vs. Jason, or other A nightmare on Elm Street films then...

*shakes head in despair* People afflicted with extreme cases of closed-minded fanboyism to the point where they come across as Chihuahuas with a chronic methamphetamine problem never cease to amaze me; nor ever offer hope of ever having a valid, mature, intelligent, coherent discussion.

Oh and no, after the first two movies of any series be it Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Scream, et al, I generally lose interest in the recycled, bland, dumbed-down nature of the seemingly 200 sequels or off-shoots that usually follow. I'd like to think I have a higher intellect than that.

I'm not saying I support Jason

but Halloween is creeping up on us. A little over a month. If they wanted to add him into the game, they would do it around Halloween.(it would be the smart thing to do, but you never know with NRS) So that means some time in October they could announce him and hopefully a new seaon of characters.

that's just me being overly optimistic about the new DLC season. But you never know. It could happen and catch us all by surprise

If they wanted to add him into the game, they would do it around Halloween.(it would be the smart thing to do, but you never know with NRS)

As Jade says, "Too easy!" in reference to a faint possibility of Voorhees released for Halloween. I agree with most people that DLC is finished for MK9. The roster is at a staggering 31-32 playable characters and they are having to constantly balance the characters. That said, enough is enough on characters (unless they release the boss characters for offline play). If anything, I see maybe, albeit a long-shot, a few more "klassic kostumes" and a remote possibility of more "klassic fatalities".

Boss Endings

Post your ideas for boss character endings for ladder mode if they were playable.

Also make sure to include Motaro because he was once hinted at being a sub boss and make sure to include other characters that made an appearance as a cameo like Shinnok, Daegon, Taven, Reiko, and Tanya etc.

USE THE EDIT BUTTON, PLEASE, THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:

But it would make sense if Jason Voorhees was used as DLC because Freddy Krueger was released and it would be awesome to have them fight each over to the death.