Official DLC Ideas Discussion ~ Stages, Costumes, Characters, -alities, etc.

Re: The most realistic DLC expectations

I agree with the character packs, and the whole fatality DLC thing. Add some MK4 Quan Chi ORIGINAL costume into the mix (I don't even know why he's wearing his DA one here) and I'll be truly happy.

Re: The most realistic DLC expectations

I think some people misunderstood the creator's initial idea, or maybe I did. I think he refers as "first apperance" as the first time you could use the characters, not see them (read his Reptile description) which for Ermac, it is valid to give him his UMK3 kustome, because that's when he first became playable, same for Rain.

I must say, asking for a MK3 ninja pack is completely useless and repetitive, the ninjas have enough costumes already (specially the females). Sadly, the majority of online players will be seen using either Scorpion/Smoke/Subzero, so it would be a good selling point for NRS, but really what would make the perfect Klassic pack #2 (IMO) would be a MK1 or MK2 kostume pack for the rest of the non-ninja characters (Raiden, Kano, Sonya, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, etc)

Some fatalities would be pretty good addition to the pack #2, because a lot of the mentioned characters are really f'd up in their fatalities (Raiden, Kano, Shang Tsung) so some classic fatalities would bring the game into a new shine and inspire players to start using someone other than the ninjas!!

Re: Cyborg Smoke DLC Moveset Idea

EVerything seems fine here!! except I'd keep at least one of his moves from the human Smoke, like his smoke-bomb (coming from his chest) that would look pretty badass, or at least let the choking cloud come out of his chest, something like a flame thrower, except it's smoke!!

For his x-ray, just modifying it a tad... he throws the harpoon at the opponent, pulling him/her in a violent way to where he is, "catching" the person with his fist to the face, breaking the jaw or the esphenoid bone. He then morphs into a smoke cloud, going right through the person's body, takes back his form behind the opponent and throws an elbow strike right in the back of the neck, breaking the whole back of the skull. I think that would look more violent and satisfying ;)

The Armageddon fatality seems a little too... meh. Plus, what if you're fighting in Outworld or in the Netherrelm?

The Armageddon fatality seems a little too... meh. Plus, what if you're fighting in Outworld or in the Netherrelm?

Then a retexured world would blow up if it was Outworld it would be more purple and blue, Earth would be green and blue, and the Netherrealm would be colored orange and red. I think those are the only other realms that you fight in so three different world textures wouldn't be that hard.

Any Ideas When The Next 4 DLC Charecters will be & who do you hope for next 4?

Okay i asked on yahoo answers when the next DLC charecters would be and someone replied to me saying its rumoured in the next 3 - 4 weeks they will begin new DLC charecters for MK9.

(( granted im unsure if i believe it or not ))

IF IT IS TRUE, what for charecters do you hope make the cut as well as what 4 alternate costumes? and do you think sense the DLC sales were so good we may get more than just 4 dlc charecters this round?

I personally hope charecter wise we get

Nitara
Frost
Reiko
& Daegon

but if they grant us hypathetically speaking a extra four sense dlc sales were so up id add

Tanya
Taven
Tremor
Fujin.

as far as the next DLC costumes.... i hope for the UMK3 ninja sets..but id want them to look a bit more realistic like the normal MK9 outfits/altenrets and not like the orginal MK outfits they put out (( sorry just personal opinion i felt like when they made reptile's human form he looked abit out of place id of preferd him more life like in a normal upated first costume )) sorry if i offend anyone with that. it was cool just, i felt like they could of made them look better

after that cyborg smoke alternet costume ( how ever if they go by the real cyborg smoke they may just have to make him a charecter all together to get his get over here attack ect comming out of his chest )) but i doubt they will make him sense subzero was transformed and not smoke

and maybe some alternets for our current dlc charecters

and then i kind of want Kano's orginal outfit and Kabals lol

Re: Any Ideas When The Next 4 DLC Charecters will be & who do you hope for next 4?

if there is going to be more it will most likely be
tanya
frost
reiko
jason vorhees

Re: Any Ideas When The Next 4 DLC Charecters will be & who do you hope for next 4?

if there is going to be more it will most likely be
tanya
Bo Rai Cho
reiko
jason vorhees

I can be happy with these. Oh wait.

*Fixes post.*

Now I can be happy with these.

If the mocap NRS has been doing is for DLC (it likely is), then I'd say they'll probably start rolling it out some time in October.

Personally, I'd like to see Shinnok, Fujin, Tanya and a Cyber Smoke alt (if not an actual character). I know we'll be getting another guest character along with it, and I'm expecting Jason...but I'd much rather have Ash from Evil Dead.

If the mocap NRS has been doing is for DLC (it likely is), then I'd say they'll probably start rolling it out some time in October.

Personally, I'd like to see Shinnok, Fujin, Tanya and a Cyber Smoke alt (if not an actual character). I know we'll be getting another guest character along with it, and I'm expecting Jason...but I'd much rather have Ash from Evil Dead.

I hope they are willing to do a third DLC set, that way there is a possibility of getting both Jason and Ash.

1. Tanya
2. Frost
3. Shinnok
4. Jason Voorhees

.. if they're in Shinnok's the Grip fatality is going to be funny to see

The mocap might not be just kharacters, it might be fatality packs

I hope they are willing to do a third DLC set, that way there is a possibility of getting both Jason and Ash.

So do I. There's still plenty more characters I want to see in the game yet.

The mocap might not be just kharacters, it might be fatality packs

That crossed my mind, too.

Jason would make sense but someone asked Boon on his twitter about that and he said he wanted to do more supersonic things

I think it would be just SEXY if they gave each charecter in cluding DLC's 2 new fatalitys each and possibly all the ones that have them all their fatalitys from mk1 - umk3. there would such a variety in which to Kill with id be so happy XD granted i hoope they dont give us the Mokap MOKAP charecter - _ - but it would be cool if they give us a Blaze also but i would love some of the old stages from UMK3. i miss the portal. a stage fatality there would be sickkkkk!!!!! or the one where they get stuck on spikes on the cieling! :3 maybe even, brutalitys and animalitys? : D (( granted idk how that will work sense liu kang's fatality is his dragon which is also referd to as his animality depending on the fan )) maybe a elders pack featuring Bo Raicho, Fujin, Shujinko, and shinnok? with a bonus charecter aka Jason? idk im stoked after the mokap reading thing.

characters: Reiko, Frost and Fujin have tons of potential with a massive overhaul. other than that, I hope for brand new characters that are not generic and not a rumour like Skarlet, new blood, see if NRS can come up with GOOD new characters now. I was hoping for a white ninja with either ghost or light powers and really loved someone's sand ninja here on TRMK (also went with an egyptian thing on him and I'm really down for that).

other than those I hope for massive packs of costumes, from the retro era I just want the UMK3 male ninja outfits + mk3 Shang Tsung and also packs for ALL characters with brand new costumes. also hoping for DLC characters to get their fair share of love as promised with at least one brand new costume as alternate, plus yet another brand new one besides their retro outfit, nekropolis slot and an entry line. also hoping for fatalities. I'd say story mode chapters and challenge tower missions but the first one is out of the table for sure and the second not likely to happen. same goes for stages, unfortunately. also hoping for the addition of new special moves for each character and maybe an xray attack too.

note: didn't mention cSmoke in the characters due to tons saying it was confirmed he will only be an alternate costume.

Actually just after watching the last Harry Potter film i thought to myself, "Damn... Voldemort would be a bad bastard to introduce to MK9"

Voldemort OR Pinhead > Jason

But moreso Voldemort, as Pinhead and Jason are quite slow moving characters.

So incase i didn't get that across clear enough. Voldemort? o_O

(even though im not so keen on guests, but if it happens thats what i'd prefer)

Next 4?
-Reiko
-Havik
-Tremor
-Jason in halloween