Kenshi's Training

Downs

Okay, it's been two days that I've been stuck on this one part. After you find Shang Tsung, you go back to Kenshi and he teaches you his moves. Well, I whizzed by them until I got to the move "Kinetic Slam" where you press BACK, DOWN, BACK + X. I press those buttons perfectly EVERY time but I always end up doing a rising spade punch or some move where he pushes forward and nothing else. Did anyone else have trouble with this?!

Downs said:
Did anyone else have trouble with this?!

Nope, you're the only one. Seriously. I don't know what you could be doing wrong, but why not try practicing the move in the aptly named Practice Mode?

I've tried that. I spent an hour doing pressing the exact right combination and got the same results...it's really frustrating since I can't really do anything until I successfully pull off that one move.

Bodomite1014 said:
Even though it says back plus X, don't press them at the same time.

I just returned from trying that, and though it sounds like it may work all he does is move a lot and then he does his regular X attack. :cry:

Hmmm... all I can think of is maybe trying doing the move in a smooth motion instead of just tapping the commands, that's basically how I've done it, and I've never had a problem.

So anyway, what I mean by a smooth motion, is instead of pressing back, down, back, X, try back then roll down-to-back, or even try rolling back-to-down and then down-to-back again. That's the way I've always done down-to-forward/down-to-back type moves in MK (like Sub-Zero's freeze, etc.).

If that still doesn't make sense, think of it like the way you did moves back in Street Fighter (basically it'd be the same motion you did for Ken and Ryu's Dragon Punch, only reversed). Also, just for the hell of it, see if you can manage to pull off Ermac's telekinetic slam.

Ive only had 1 problem in trainning and that was a Kori blade combo with Sub-Zero and it was left square, (while in air) square then left square. That took me forever but I did it in the end

It is weird...oh well, though. I've decided I'm going to completely start over seeing as how there are more things in the village that I'd like to unlock. Hopefully as I redo all the training (none of which I had problems with until I reached Kenshi) I'll get even better at pulling off hard to do moves, and maybe when I reach Kenshi again I'll have no trouble at all.

I did all the training with people quite easily. The only one I got stuck on (and still am :x ) is Dairou in the orderrealm, one of his style branch combos is really hard and I just can't seem to do it.

If you can pull off Ermac's slam, then something's just messed up, because those moves are identical other than the attack button you press.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
If you can pull off Ermac's slam, then something's just messed up, because those moves are identical other than the attack button you press.

Yeah, it's really weird. But I'm praying it was just a glitch since I started over and have just gotten into Seido. Hopefully when I reach Kenshi I'll be able to do it.

Omg. No offense but you guys are stupid. It is not back, down, back, X it is back, down, back, SQUARE. jeez you guys I never thought u guys are that stupid.

Sub-Zero1 said:
Omg. No offense but you guys are stupid. It is not back, down, back, X it is back, down, back, SQUARE. jeez you guys I never thought u guys are that stupid.

Hey Beavis, wanna take a guess as to what it is on the Xbox? :shock: That's right, it's back, down, back, X! Go eat a sock, dipshit.

im having trouble w/ mah training w/ Hotaru in the Orderrealm. I can't do the move: x, away+y...x, away+y. :x its really hard to do the combination. any tips on how to do them? im really getting pissed off at Hotaru!! :x

blu_ninja said:
im having trouble w/ mah training w/ Hotaru in the Orderrealm. I can't do the move: x, away+y...x, away+y. :x its really hard to do the combination. any tips on how to do them? im really getting pissed off at Hotaru!! :x

Recently I went through that for the second time and it took me a few tries. I suggest just keep doing it, maybe adjust your timing and try to do the combinations faster. It seems impossible, but it works.

Yes, I'm playing on Xbox. And I restarted Konquest...it was no glitch. I still can't do it. It should be such an easy move, too. I mean I can do all these fancy style changing combinations in one try, but I can't pull off this one move. It really sucks.

Downs said:
blu_ninja said:

Recently I went through that for the second time and it took me a few tries. I suggest just keep doing it, maybe adjust your timing and try to do the combinations faster. It seems impossible, but it works.

Yes, I'm playing on Xbox. And I restarted Konquest...it was no glitch. I still can't do it. It should be such an easy move, too. I mean I can do all these fancy style changing combinations in one try, but I can't pull off this one move. It really sucks.

You got there that fast?? :shock: I tried to do the move earlier, because I'm using an xbox too. I only manged to do it once. It's not the type of move you can do if you do it fast, if you get me. Try doing it a bit slower, or just quit out of the training and continuously punch Kenshi lol.