Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

  1. #1
    New Kombatant aj327's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    82
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    I suppose it's unrealistic to think a game that preceded MK9 could be just as good, but MK8 doesn't even come close. It really seems like it was a rush job to me, graphics and all. Compared to Mk9 it feels very clunky. MK9 is really the first MK game I've played (except for the original on a friend's Sega Genesis waaay back in the day). I assume that at least a few of the first seven MK games were considered top notch for their day...? Maybe I'm just remembering wrong but even Tekken 3 (on the original playstation) seemed more responsive than MK vs DC. But it's been a while and I really liked Tekken so maybe time has colored my opinion?

    Not trying to start any fights here. Just surprised at how MUCH better a fighting game MK9 is.

  2. #2
    New Kombatant uWillNeverWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The korner of Boon St. & Beran Blvd.
    Posts
    94
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    ummmmmmm. yes.

    Meet me on the korner of Boon St. & Beran Blvd.

  3. #3
    Lin Kuei Assassin Wraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,493
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 88 Times in 63 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    MK vs DC sucked terribly get your money back and save it for the HD collection

  4. #4
    Mortal Kombat Champion Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Undisclosed location, Cobra
    Posts
    8,343
    Twitter
    @CobraCdr_
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    2,688
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 983 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    MK vs DC sucked terribly get your money back and save it for the HD collection
    OR ... Save that money and use it for MK 9 DLC.

  5. #5
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    26
    Posts
    15,719
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    PSN
    DJ_MuddButt
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,195
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,676 Posts
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    I think I'm the only person who liked MK vs DC.

    The reason it was rushed was because Midway was using Mortal Kombat as a crutch.
    So MK games needed to be pumped out at an almost yearly basis.

  6. #6
    Shaolin Monk Armon24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Smoke's Hair
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,760
    PSN
    anizzle1
    Tournaments Joined
    2
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    Of kourse MK v. DC was bad!!!!!!!!!!! GET YOUR REFUND!

    Kontinue to play MK9! Use your refund to buy DLC or to get the HD Kollection koming soon because you say you are fond of the oldschool MK's.

  7. #7
    Lin Kuei Assassin Wraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,493
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 88 Times in 63 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    I think I'm the only person who liked MK vs DC.

    The reason it was rushed was because Midway was using Mortal Kombat as a crutch.
    So MK games needed to be pumped out at an almost yearly basis.
    Yes it was a rushed game had stupid button mashed sequences and no blood I admit gameplay wasn't bad (I liked Sub's style in that game) and don't get me wrong batman is the s*** but he should have never been mixed with MK in my opinion

  8. #8
    Black Dragon Recruit donk95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    19
    Posts
    549
    Xbox Live
    TheDonk95
    Steam
    rimmler684
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    Now the ultimate question is:
    Why did you buy such a piece of shit like MK vs. DC, when you got a masterpiece like MK9??????

  9. #9
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    26
    Posts
    15,719
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    PSN
    DJ_MuddButt
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,195
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,676 Posts
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    MK vs DC's hate is undeserved.

    It had the best gameplay out of all the 3d Mortal Kombat's, except MK4, which was perfect.

    All because it lacked gore.

  10. #10
    Lin Kuei Assassin Wraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,493
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 88 Times in 63 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    MK vs DC's hate is undeserved.

    It had the best gameplay out of all the 3d Mortal Kombat's, except MK4, which was perfect.

    All because it lacked gore.
    It can be a good fighting game if it doesn't have gore but It will always be a shitty MK game because thats what MK is all about is the violence

  11. #11
    Tarkatan Warrior PizzaMasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    423
    Xbox Live
    PizzaMasta
    Tournaments Joined
    2
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    It was a good game but not a good MK game.

  12. #12
    Hollywood Superstar Killer Ryno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    986
    Xbox Live
    SnDxKILLER RYNO
    PSN
    ryan9710
    Steam
    ryan9710
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    I always MkvDc as just a party fighter :P I liked it

  13. #13
    Black Dragon Recruit donk95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    19
    Posts
    549
    Xbox Live
    TheDonk95
    Steam
    rimmler684
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    It can be a good fighting game if it doesn't have gore but It will always be a shitty MK game because thats what MK is all about is the violence
    THIS

    10char

  14. #14
    Shokan General Sky Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,419
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    303
    Thanked 305 Times in 216 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    blockbuster would have been a smarter idea instead of buying it


    but hey, the jokers in it, so that automaticly makes it good amiright??

  15. #15
    Shaolin Monk Toxic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rannoch
    Age
    19
    Posts
    1,648
    Xbox Live
    GoG ToXiC
    PSN
    ToXiC-ReIgHn
    Steam
    GoG_ToXiC
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    It being the first MK game I played, I didn't miss the gore, so I thought it was great. Even after MK9, it's still a good game, just not a fantastic one like MK9.
    Thanks to SlickNinja for the sig!

    My Fanfiction.net and Fictionpress.com Profiles: If you're looking for awesomeness, then look no further.~FictionPress~~FanFiction~

  16. #16
    Team DCP Head Cheerleader Alisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pee-Wee's Playhouse
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,524
    Twitter
    @RedShadowKick
    PSN
    OMGJohnnyCage
    UMK DS
    343904703049
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    Lol, MK vs DCU disappointed me even BEFORE MK9 was out. I don't know if it was because the game felt like they were jumping the shark, or the awkwardness I felt doing fatalities on non-MK characters. It would always run through my mind, "did I just KILL Batman?" Never felt right. Fatalities were meant for MK only and this game proved that.

    Although I was unstoppable with Kano in that game. <3

    YOU CAN'T SPELL "GLOBEY" WITHOUT "OBEY."

  17. #17
    Shaolin Monk
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,298
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    The only thing I didn't like about MKvsDC was the combo system. Otherwise it's an ok game, specialy if you like the DC characters and you're happy to have them in a fighting game.

    PS: Dark Kahn sucks.

  18. #18
    Hollywood Superstar Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    825
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    The MK franchise was dangerously close to becoming irrelevant when that game came out. There wasn't much about MKvsDC I was on board with. The crossover with DC felt silly and when it came out it was a rushed, unfinished product. IMO, in the end it was just a futile attempt to keep Midway financially solvent for a little longer.

  19. #19
    Robot Rock BBBLP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thug Mansion
    Age
    26
    Posts
    15,719
    Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    PSN
    DJ_MuddButt
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    1,195
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,676 Posts
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    Dark Kahn was the best MK boss since UMK3 Shao Kahn.


    He was hard, but he wasn't cheap.
    Its too bad MK9 couldn't have adopted his style.

  20. #20
    Shaolin Monk
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,298
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just bought MK vs DC and am pretty disappointed...maybe MK9 spoiled me?

    Quote Originally Posted by back,back,back,low punch View Post
    Dark Kahn was the best MK boss since UMK3 Shao Kahn.
    He was hard, but he wasn't cheap.
    Its too bad MK9 couldn't have adopted his style.
    You must be joking <-<-<-lp, MK 9 Kahn is way superior to Dark Kahn in every way. And the way he inflates like a chewing gum when he is defeated is so rediculous. Plus he has 0 charisma, his laugh and quotes sucks. Oh and a fusion between Kahn & Dark Seid?! lol.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I've just bought MK3...
    By antonye in forum Mortal Kombat 3 & Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 06:37 AM
  2. anyone disappointed by Mk? not as hardcore as i hoped, pretty spammy
    By AriesSiren in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 05-29-2011, 08:30 PM
  3. I just bought MK vs. DCU!
    By extrickster in forum Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 06:47 PM
  4. DVD's you've bought recently
    By kold_as_ice92 in forum Movies & Television
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 12:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •