Super Street Fighter 4 or Tekken 6?

SSF4 is way to defensive and, slow. Tekken6BR online on the other hand if you can move advanced it's becomes much advanced and fast-paced. You don't get that with SSF4 but, are complex fighters but, I prefer tekken6 (even though I have both.).

SSF4 is way to defensive and, slow. Tekken6BR online on the other hand if you can move advanced it's becomes much advanced and fast-paced. You don't get that with SSF4 but, are complex fighters but, I prefer tekken6 (even though I have both.).

Yeah SF feels like a game of cat and mouse. It's really annoying

I play all Fighting games... But i like Tekken 3D characters allot better than SF4 characters... Thats why i can't wait to see Tekken X Street Fighter to see what Namco does in 3D for Street Fighter... That game is gonna Rock!

Yes Street Fighter X Tekken looks good too but it's not 3D like Tekken. So i still think Tekken X Street Fighter will look so much better in the end.

:)

By: DCS

SSF4, been a fan of street fighter since childhood :) tekken on the other hand.. I like how they have about a billion moves for each character, but that's about it. the game doesn't excite me or anything

totally different games uncomparable but id go with tekken, alot more depth and value for money on single player( even if scenario sucks ass)
just make sure you install tekken the load times are unbearable other wise, makes a lot of difference, even when its installed the load times are too long

I've just tried SSF4 and it's hard as HELL if all you've been playing is MK and DOA4. I don't understand a single thing on Street Fighter. But the last time I played Tekken was Tekken 3 so I think I'd prefer Tekken over SSF4. Street Fighter is a little too flashy for my liking anyway.

I've just tried SSF4 and it's hard as HELL if all you've been playing is MK and DOA4. I don't understand a single thing on Street Fighter. But the last time I played Tekken was Tekken 3 so I think I'd prefer Tekken over SSF4. Street Fighter is a little too flashy for my liking anyway.

Yeah, I just bought Super Street Fighter 4:Arcade Edition, because I've been in the mood for another good fighter besides MK9.
And man I am kinda disappointed, I payed like $40 and I hardly ever play it, I still play MK9 all the time ,lol.
I just don't really care for the controls, SF4's controls are much more made for a arcade fight stick rather then a Analogue stick,
I can't stand all these circles, charge moves, and zig-zags, and the move selection is very limited. I should have bought something else, or nothing at all.
I like the characters, I like the graphics, I like to moves, I like the stages, I like the ultra combos, I just hate the controls, and hate the lack of moves to choose from, and I hate that if you want any Alt costumes, you got to pay for them, wtf? It's like all you can unlock is colors & taunts, who cares about that? Plus I hate that there is no block button. Maybe I want to stand-still & block, not walk backwards all the time.

I like Tekken 6, but I prefer SSF4 in a big, big way. The move list is a LOT smaller and easier to remember, its quicker, the characters are more memorable...and I, uh, don't entirely suck at it :laugh:

SSF4 by a mile. Ive played over the past 2 years so i guess im kinda bias.But its so quick and fluent once u get it.I do love tekken but havent been in that boat since tag tournament came out.

it honestly depends on the type of fighter you r. if youblike fast pased...in ur face action...t6 is your game. if you slow defensive games..then ssf4 is ur game. I'm actually insanely good in both lol. t6 is more strategic..as u have to deal with wall combos...bounce combos...stage fall combos...rage system...and throwing game. t6 is ALOT more balanced in ssf4. ssf4 has the projectiles to deal with..the teleporting...tje zoning....a lot like mk9 lol. but if I had to choose...id say ssf4 is better. t6 got kinda old

o...every character in tekken has over 100 moves to remember while ssf4 characters have no more than a dozen. so tekken is much harder to play..its mainly for the advanced fighters.

My god. I look back on my posts as freakin Edenian Royalty and I have to say lol for shame. I hadn't even really played SF4 much.

Anyway, now that I have both games, I'd like to give my take on the subject.

Tournaments and hype:

I can watch an entire Tekken 6 tournament but for the SSF4 tournaments I just have to skip to the end. Watching the game bores me because it isn't as aggressive as Tekken, MK9, or MvC3. Most of the matches are just going for chip until they land an overhead or something. But that's how the game is so it makes sense, it just isn't entertaining.

Also, Tekken is on a 3D plane with really pumps it up for me. I like seeing characters dash and evade in more than two directions. Seeing those two Tekken characters try to anticipate each other's moves is just so nerve wreckingly awesome.

Also, the combos in Tekken are much more appealing to me because they look so fluent. SSF4 combos look like feeble little punches and kicks. Hard to execute and satisfying to pull of but not satisfying to watch.

Gameplay:

SSF4 is not hard to pick up but hard to master. I've gone online and beat rank C+s with a rank D Ken because you can really get by with just the fundamentals of the game. I can present a fair challenge with my C+ rank Abel and I don't know a single combo, only 1 that leads into an Ultra. Tekken 6 is hard to pick up and hard, but not as hard as SSF4 to master. You can't just go online and expect to win without combos because the moves don't hit as hard like the heavy low kicks in SSF4. The only way to get by without any knowledge is to find out simple combos like Lee's down+4, 4, 4, 4, 4.

There are no special moves in Tekken, just one huge move list so you can't really spam in Tekken and what you call spam (Like doing Kazuya's spin kick over and over) can EASILY be punished. Moves in SSF4 can be punished as well but you can make it harder to punish.

Zoning. I don't like zoning. I like in-your-face fighting. The only way you could zone in Tekken is....oh wait, you can't. Every projectile has an extremely slow start up speed like Alisa's rocket arms and Jin's laser beams. All you have to do is sidestep. Now some others like zoning so they play SSF4. I understand that.

Comeback systems:

Both are great unlike X-Factor so can't really compare.

Characters/Stages:

Tekken characters beat SF character by far. Their personalities and designs are very unique and the storyline is actually fleshed out. What the hell is Shadaloo (exaggeration)? I understand people just want to fight and stuff but sheesh, put a little into your game. The endings for SSF4 were a disgrace. I beat arcade mode with Ryu to shoot a Hadoken at a waterfall? No thanks.

No two characters in Tekken are alike except of course Eddie and Christie and Kuma and Panda I guess. Everyone plays differently. I understand Ken, Ryu, Gouken, Akuma, Dan, and Sakura play very differently but their specials are very similar. Remember THIS IS ABOUT CHARACTER DESIGN, NOT GAMEPLAY before someone calls me out.

The stages in both games are pretty solid but I like Tekken's better, especially ones like the disaster tunnel and the tomato festival. I really like some flair in my stages.

Music? Tekken wins this round. Street Fighter has some nice rival themes like Sagat's but the regular music never had me turning the BGM volume up.

Tekken 6 character customization. Enough said.

Training:

SSF4 has a trial mode and Tekken doesn't so SSF4 beats Tekken in the training department. Trial mode is cool because it can give you a little head start on whatever character.

Extra Stuff:

Street Fighter has bonus stages.

Tekken has a Scenario Campaign mode WITH COOP.

Pretty obvious who won that fight.

My input on both games. Tekken 6 is better but SSF4 is still a good game.

for me it's

Mortal Kombat> Tekken> Street Fighter > Virtua fighter > every other fighting game > Marvel vs. Capcom

I own every fighter for this console generation and would have to side with SFIV for casual players and Tekken 6 for High level.

Here is why:

-The combo system in tekken can really punish you for your mistakes -- even if your opponent is at 10% life and you have 100%; 1 mistake can cost you the match. The graphics are much nicer and the online scene is really challenging for beginners.

-SFIV is more of a beginners to pro developmental fighter - Its good for learning zoning and counter zoning, it has great poking mechanics and the combo system takes patience and practice to master but is not necessary to have fun and play with others on a casual level.

comparing these two games is like Offense vs. Defense -- Tekken 6 is in your face non-stop action that requires quick reactions while SFIV is a game that is determined by who could dodge, block and counter the most which allows more time for thinking.

Last edited:
comparing these two games is like Offense vs. Defense -- Tekken 6 is in your face non-stop action that requires quick reactions while SFIV is a game that is determined by who could dodge, block and counter the most which allows more time for thinking.

Great input my friend.

That's why I love Tekken because it's so in your face.

Evo Grand Finals of Tekken are full of just intense, constant movement while SF is a lot of blocking and guessing.

That's why the analogy of SF and Chess is perfect. It's nice, but not my cup of tea. I want to punch a dude in the face, not have to wait for a certain time to do it.