Super Street Fighter 4 or Tekken 6?

I don't think SSF4's inputs that are that big of a deal unless you have been playing exclusively MK and other fighters that primarily use tap inputs. 720-degree motions may be troublesome, but the rest are reasonable for the majority of people who play fighting games. A quarter-circle motion is just one direction more than a down-->forward command. A half-circle command is just an extension of the quarter-circle.

Last edited:
tic tac toe? That analogy needs some explanation forthwith

with that analogy all im really saying is that Street Fighter requires more strategy then Tekken. there is a lot of strategy in how you use meter and also how you adapt to diffrent character match ups.

I have to wonder if you've ever seen high level Tekken play, I can already tell by the above remark that you've never played it to any extent worth mentioning.

I have played Tekken enough to fully understand how it all works. and i have seen much high level Tekken and Street Fighter play. that being said i find that Street Fighter has a much better community.

Thats an opinion, we both have our opinions, and both games do have there merits, so I guess we can just agree to disagree friend.
For comparison

I know thats an opininion thats why i said imo ( In My Opinion) and yes they both have there merits and i do agree to disagree friend. that being said here is a fair sample for comparison. there both videos from evo 2010 grand finals.

Which one looks the easiest lMFAO

its not about witch one looks the easiest its about what game someone who hasn't played either games should buy, that being said. I think street fighter is the better choice because its easyer to pick up and play and be some what good, but its much harder to master (if you want to take your gaming to that level).

its not about witch one looks the easiest its about what game someone who hasn't played either games should buy, that being said. I think street fighter is the better choice because its easyer to pick up and play and be some what good, but its much harder to master (if you want to take your gaming to that level).

I actually find Tekken to be much easier. I can actually win against a guy with 800+ wins without trying too hard with a character I barely use since most characters can follow a basic formula. You only need a few combos in Tekken to be decent although for Street Fighter it gets all technical with the match ups.

Haven't played Tekken since Tekken 2 but SF2 Versions were an addition for me growing up like some people are addicted to cigs. Completely lost interest in the series once SF Alpha & Capcom Vs. Anything. When SSF4 came out I felt like a kid. The franchise that I loved just as much as MK & KI's was revamped. SSF4 & SSF4 AE are amazingly fun and easy to pick up unless you're playing online (guys online can be pretty dang hard to beat). Like people who grew up on Contra (NES version) & 99% can recite the unlimited life/ammo code I too can do the same with all the SF2 (all versions) players moves. I grew up playing it in the arcades/snes/genesis/3DO so doing quarter/half circle motions is second nature to me like breathing. Now trying to pull off some of Zagief's full circle moves are harder for me.

I've considered downloading Tekken 6 but everybody I've spoke to (scattered over the US SE) have all said that Tekken 6 was the worst in the franchise. Most often people say it's a beautiful version of Tekken 5 and nothing more. If you're a PSN user you also have the choice of Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection which online reviews say is probably the best version of the franchise. Tekken 6 on PSN/Xobx Live is $19.99 & Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection (PSN exclusive) is $19.99 or you can get the online version of it for $29.99.

Last edited:
I've considered downloading Tekken 6 but everybody I've spoke to (scattered over the US SE) have all said that Tekken 6 was the worst in the franchise. Most often people say it's a beautiful version of Tekken 5 and nothing more. If you're a PSN user you also have the choice of Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection which online reviews say is probably the best version of the franchise. Tekken 6 on PSN/Xobx Live is $19.99 & Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection (PSN exclusive) is $19.99 or you can get the online version of it for $29.99.

Tekken 5 was a complete downgrade of Tekken 4 (My favorite Tekken). Trust me. Tekken 6 is great.

1. Tekken 4
2. Tekken 3
3. Tekken 6
4. Tekken 2
5. Tekken
6. Tekken 5

tekken 6 over super yun fighter all day. tekken is always about the person with more skill. street fighter is only about who can pick yun or yang now. it's always been like that. no character diversity at all. tekken is my favorite fighter besides mk.

tekken 6 over super yun fighter all day. tekken is always about the person with more skill. street fighter is only about who can pick yun or yang now. it's always been like that. no character diversity at all. tekken is my favorite fighter besides mk.

BS east coast throwdown 3 happend yesterday and there were NO Yun or Yang players in the top 5 at all.

1. WolfKrone (C. Viper)
2. EMP|Dieminion (Guile)
3. EMP|DragonGod (Ibuki)
4. TS|Min (Fei Long, M. Bison, T. Hawk)
5. AquaSilk (Zangief)

Super Street Fighter 4 AE at CEO this year there was only one . ceo was like last weekend,.

1st) TTC Tokido (Akuma)
2nd) TS Arturo Sanchez (Dhalsim, Rose)
3rd) Mike Ross (E. Honda)
4th) Marn(Yun)
5th) TTC Gamerbee (Akuma, Fei Long, Adon)

Tekken at CEO

1st) DMG Kor (Bob)
2nd) FightingGM (Lee)
3rd) Tokido (Bob)
4th) PokChop (Bruce, Miguel)
5th) NYC Fab (Bruce, Miguel)

and i couldn't find any other Tekken tournaments that happend in the last month that had the fighters name and the character they used .

Last edited:
Super Street Fighter IV: Hong Kong Edition

I disagree Tekken 5 DR > Tekken 6. T6 has way too much juggling for my taste. Of course I'll take Tekken 3 and Tag over both any day.

SFIV is about skill, frame traps, zoning/distance, OS, etc. The twins have been taken down many times in Majors already. There is a reason I don't pull this type of talk regarding character diversity and look at all fighters from an unbiased approach.

Last edited:
I like both games, but I like Tekken 6 more overall. I also prefer the Tekken series over the Street Fighter series in general.

Holy crap. This is easily the worst response I've ever read. Who gives a shit about the color of your controller? :rolleyes:

I'd go with SSF4, but I despise 3D fighters.

Easy Chief,She Only Said Her Controller Was Pink No Need To Go Hasty.

Tekken 6 By Far.

Pink Controllers Sound Cool.

I'd say Tekken 6 over SSF4. HAIL TO THE "KING" BABY!!! :p

SSF4 is alright, but its not my cup of kool-aid.

They are both good in their own right, but I just hate the tedious crap you have to go through in Tekken 6 just to unlock endings. That mode should of just been a mini game at best not something you are forced to play.

I bought tekken 6 only for the fight stick because the whole thing was on sale for 38 at amazon, So I got it yesterday, and well tekken is still In its Shrink wrap and all. I've played SSFIV and I think Its pretty fun to play here and there.

So I say SSFIV

SSFIV or Tekken 6? Ryu or Jin? Ken or Kazuya? Sh*t's about to hit the fan, bro.

Umm. Let's put it this way. I got major beef with both, but at the same time; I have mad respect for both.

Personally, I like the characters much more in Tekken 6 than I do in SSFIV. Several reasons why. When it comes down to it, Ken is a F-A-DOUBLE G compared to Kazuya or Jin. Ryu? Same thing. I hate the front men for Street Fighter so much. I don't know why, I just do.

As far as gameplay goes, Tekken 6 focus more on juggling and reaction to pressure. It's much more fast paced. However, SSFIV stresses the use of good meter-management and strategy and blah blah blah.

I like strategy and everything, but I think it takes the fun out of the game when you pick it apart and strip it down to just its technicalities. Capcom focuses so much on a "good" gameplay experience that they completely crap on the originality of the characters. I mean honestly, there are like six different characters with the same friggin' moveset. What the hell is that, Capcom?

Tekken's character's are unique and eccentric in a different way. The character development is much better in my opinion. The way Jin has his internal struggle is pretty cool. (Then there is dark Ryu, but it doesn't make much difference if he was a complete tool anyway). That's beside the point!

lol guys. This just my opinion, take it for what it's worth. I like Tekken 6 better, but I just have way too much against SSFIV to truly enjoy it the same way.

P.S.- Akuma is still really badass, though.:cool:

I like strategy and everything, but I think it takes the fun out of the game when you pick it apart and strip it down to just its technicalities. Capcom focuses so much on a "good" gameplay experience that they completely crap on the originality of the characters. I mean honestly, there are like six different characters with the same friggin' moveset. What the hell is that, Capcom?

And Tekken is not guilty of that? Way to ignore the fact there are several variations of Mishimas. Armor King and Roger/Alex are variations of King. There are several versions of Jack as well as offshoots like Kuma and Ganryu. Kunimitsu is a knockoff of Yoshimitsu.

And Tekken is not guilty of that? Way to ignore the fact there are several variations of Mishimas. Armor King and Roger/Alex are variations of King. There are several versions of Jack as well as offshoots like Kuma and Ganryu. Kunimitsu is a knockoff of Yoshimitsu.

Hadoken. Shoryuken. Like fifty-million people and all their mothers have the move in their set. It's little annoying when six characters have the same spammable move between all of them.

But, it goes without saying that I don't totally disagree with you. Tekken is guilty of that, yes. But Street Fighter is far worse. To a fault.