Buy / sell / trade threads?

Timberwolf

What are the forum's rules about threads for buying, selling, and trading Mortal Kombat and gaming stuff? Is it allowed here, and if so, what is the appropriate board for that? I know it's against the rules to post external links to advertise content on other websites, but what about WTB / FS threads?

I tried to once but Jade klosed it because there is some untrustworthy people in the forums.

Those were the kode trade threads. We do not allow those because of the amount of people who got scammed.

Buying and selling actual games or merchandise, I dont know, so let me double check with Pat on that one. I would assume that it would be posted in the general Mortal Kombat section (again, that is if Pat allows the buying/selling of stuff) but, again, let me check this with Pat. I'll get back to ya as soon as I get a response =)

This may be another chance for people to scam, though.

I would be in favor of this if people will use it. But it'll have to be very strictly moderated and lots of rules to help prevent scammers.

I would be in favor of this if people will use it. But it'll have to be very strictly moderated and lots of rules to help prevent scammers.

^ This. Mostly coming from Arcade forums scamming is usually the biggest issue. If it is going to happen I would recommend something like iTrader implemented as well to help. Also it is a good idea if you are selling to provide links to feedback from other sites as well. Like Ebay or forums that have a proper feedback system.

Also I don't care how well you know someone. PayPal Gift is a BIG No No. As you can not dispute gifts, so the typical 4% added to purchase to cover PP fees is the norm.