4th DLC Character Discussion: Freddy Krueger~ ALL FREDDY DISCUSSION GOES HERE

Are you getting Freddy Krueger?

• Total voters
Re: 4th DLC Character Discussion~ All posts related to it go here.

I like cyber smoke, he shoots a spear out of his chest, teleports, and he doesn't afraid of anything.

And he contaminates the air lol

I'd say it's a surprise Fujin still has the lead because if we only take into account boon's tweet about him not being in the game after a year or something, it makes about.. zero sense :p but hey I was also surprised they gave costumes to kitana and jade again before other characters that got no retro so far so.. anything's possible I guess. still hoping for a brand new character or cyber Smoke if it's a known one :D

Fujin is in the lead because of the leaked sound file not because he's a favourite.

My gut prediction: Tanya
My normal prediction: New Character
Dark Horses: Reiko, Fujin

cyber smoke will PROBABLY end up being a costume for smoke. I really can't see the 4th kombatant being cyber smoke :S. personally

I hate to say it, but what little evidence there is on the 4th character almost seems to point to Jason Vorhees. Let me post my reasons for suspecting this:

- There's a silly, but persistent & widespread rumor that NRS was considering making Freddy and/or Jason as guest characters for MK9. Warner Bros owns the rights to both characters (through New Line Cinema), thus the red tape for making such a cross over would be minimal.

- Here's an interview Ed Boon gave shortly before Skarlet's release. Notice his reaction to being asked about more guest fighters at 02:11. Could be him trolling or referring to plans outside the 4th character, but still:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcJeGjQ1aGQ

- In a more recent X-Play interview Ed hinted that the 4th player would be a big brute like Goro. Jason may not be Shokan, but he matches the hulking giant brute persona perfectly. (Sorry can't find an upload of the interview).

- The 4th character's sillohette could be Jason. Goes in line with NRS's trolling ways, hiding the character's identity in plain sight with a sillohette that otherwise screams "placeholder".

Its a farfetched theory, I admit, but I figured I'd throw it out there in case I turn out right.

I hate to say it, but what little evidence there is on the 4th character almost seems to point to Jason Vorhees. Let me post my reasons for suspecting this:

- There's a silly, but persistent & widespread rumor that NRS was considering making Freddy and/or Jason as guest characters for MK9. Warner Bros owns the rights to both characters (through New Line Cinema), thus the red tape for making such a cross over would be minimal.

- Here's an interview Ed Boon gave shortly before Skarlet's release. Notice his reaction to being asked about more guest fighters at 02:11. Could be him trolling or referring to plans outside the 4th character, but still:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcJeGjQ1aGQ

- In a more recent X-Play interview Ed hinted that the 4th player would be a big brute like Goro. Jason may not be Shokan, but he matches the hulking giant brute persona perfectly. (Sorry can't find an upload of the interview).

- The 4th character's sillohette could be Jason. Goes in line with NRS's trolling ways, hiding the character's identity in plain sight with a sillohette that otherwise screams "placeholder".

Its a farfetched theory, I admit, but I figured I'd throw it out there in case I turn out right.
I would rip Eddy's spine out if Jason or any guest character other than Predator was the 4th DLC character...

It wont be Freddy or Jason.

@Obreck

Just watched that interview and it does seem like the 4th DLC character will be a guest. Sigh, i would rather a MK character, Cyber-smoke, reiko and fujin just to name a few.

Jason Vorhees .... Maybe. Who knows at this point. But nice theory.

@Obreck

Just watched that interview and it does seem like the 4th DLC character will be a guest. Sigh, i would rather a MK character, Cyber-smoke, reiko and fujin just to name a few.

Jason Vorhees .... Maybe. Who knows at this point. But nice theory.

Making the 4th DLC character a guest would f**k over everyone who bought the season pass, Boon is not that stupid

I just remembered this. A few months ago, when someone asked Boon on Twitter for Shujinko, he straight up responded with, "Child, adolescent, young adult or old man?" I'm not trolling, either, Ed actually said this. I wish I could go back and find the tweet where he said that, or I wish I had posted the tweet on here when I first saw it. He wasn't trolling, either, Boon asked this in a serious way. So I think Young Shujinko may have a serious chance of becoming DLC.

Boon is not that stupid
Yes he is.

1759930-300th_reward_super.jpg

Never underestimate stupidity. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

@Bruce Norris Forever

Yes i remenber this tweet. But i think he was being sarcastic. I think he was pointing out that there are lots of different versions of shujinko and he only really worked in a story mode, like deception. At this point in time shujinko probably hasnt learned many special moves and is basically a poor fighter at this time.

Sorry if i sound like a tit, but this is what i took from it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I do not want my money wasted on Tanya even if, technically, she is free. Skarlet kind of takes that place.

maybe, but since the last character is being kept a secret,they may do things differently and delay it longer. It would be annoying, but it might happen

Perhaps. But let's not forget we didn't definitively know about Kitana and Jade until yesterday. To me, the whole still being kept a secret doesn't mean all that much, other than it won't be a totally new character. Someone completely unknown would require specific hype prior to release, otherwise the only ones who would get them are those of us who purchased the Season Pass, with everyone else waiting to see if the $5 is worth it. No reason to delay the release after all three characters and the KSP1 were/are all separated by two weeks.

Did you buy the Season Pass? And what do you mean by Skarlet takes Tanya's place?

Yes I did, and I mean that in the situation where Tanya is revealed as 4th, I will feel like my money is wasted. Someone had told me before that it doesn't matter because I just payed for thre Skarlet, Kenshi, and Rain, but what I'm saying is that I'm not completely satisfied with Skarlet. (which is entirely my fault i should have put more though into buying the season pass because Really the only ones worth it so far seem to be Kenshi and Rain.) If tanya were to be the fourth I'd feel like I payed the money for three DLC and Instead only got 2 that I will actually use.

I know it sounds confusing and a bit of a rant but what I'm trying to say is, I hope the fourth DLC redeems my opinion towards the DLC in general.

Yes I did, and I mean that in the situation where Tanya is revealed as 4th, I will feel like my money is wasted. Someone had told me before that it doesn't matter because I just payed for thre Skarlet, Kenshi, and Rain, but what I'm saying is that I'm not completely satisfied with Skarlet. (which is entirely my fault i should have put more though into buying the season pass because Really the only ones worth it so far seem to be Kenshi and Rain.) If tanya were to be the fourth I'd feel like I payed the money for three DLC and Instead only got 2 that I will actually use.

I know it sounds confusing and a bit of a rant but what I'm trying to say is, I hope the fourth DLC redeems my opinion towards the DLC in general.
Ah, I see what you mean. I personally really want Tanya as DLC, but it's cool, man, differing opinions and tastes is what makes this forum exciting. :smile:

The more I think about it, the more I think we're gonna get Cyber-Smoke.

Ah, I see what you mean. I personally really want Tanya as DLC, but it's cool, man, differing opinions and tastes is what makes this forum exciting. :smile:

I'm just glad you didn't flame me, after the last time I said it I got neg repped for it XD.

I'm just glad you didn't flame me, after the last time I said it I got neg repped for it XD.
LOL, I got neg repped twice by the same person in the same thread, only because I said a game can't be compared to cook in a restaurant. Apparently I need to shut up with my pathetic fanboy crap. :laugh:

I ain't mad, though, the skulls look cool. :wink:

But, yeah, man, I can't wait to see who the 4th DLC character is. I hope it's Reiko, personally.