4th DLC Character Discussion: Freddy Krueger~ ALL FREDDY DISCUSSION GOES HERE

Are you getting Freddy Krueger?

• Total voters
Ed Boon is a troll to his own Twitter. You guys should all know that. Boon has even denied Tanya before, but I have had the sneaking suspicion it was Reiko ever since I heard him announced in story mode by Shang Tsung.
When did Boon ever deny Tanya? Whenever he playfully trolls with people about a character becoming DLC, that always mean they have a chance at becoming DLC. He's done the same playful trolling with Tanya that he did for Rain. And don't forget that cameo she had in Kahn's Coliseum, where she is chained up instead of Kitana when you choose Kitana. Kitana and Skarlet both had reasons for being chained up, so I think Tanya has a reason, as well. Also suspicious is that Tanya was taken out of the Colosseum after you downloaded her data. Rain's cameo was also curiously taken out of the Cathedral when demand for Rain as DLC before release started ramping up. That might be the biggest red flag to me, is that she was taken out after Skarlet was released. Being mentioned in Boon's DLC tweet back in January, and also having a fanbase, it's safe to assume that Tanya has a strong chance of becoming DLC in the future.

And if the 4th DLC character is a new character, then it's guaranteed that it's a male character.

Re: 4th DLC Character Discussion~ All posts related to it go here.

When did Boon ever deny Tanya? Whenever he playfully trolls with people about a character becoming DLC, that always mean they have a chance at becoming DLC. He's done the same playful trolling with Tanya that he did for Rain. And don't forget that cameo she had in Kahn's Coliseum, where she is chained up instead of Kitana when you choose Kitana. Kitana and Skarlet both had reasons for being chained up, so I think Tanya has a reason, as well. Also suspicious is that Tanya was taken out of the Colosseum after you downloaded her data. Rain's cameo was also curiously taken out of the Cathedral when demand for Rain as DLC before release started ramping up. That might be the biggest red flag to me, is that she was taken out after Skarlet was released. Being mentioned in Boon's DLC tweet back in January, and also having a fanbase, it's safe to assume that Tanya has a strong chance of becoming DLC in the future.

And if the 4th DLC character is a new character, then it's guaranteed that it's a male character.

I don't know the exact date but if you care to find the tweet, go ahead. Tanya isn't removed if you choose Kitana after downloading Skarlet, she's only removed if you're playing Skarlet vs Kitana in the Coliseum. IMHO, Tanya stands as much of a chance as DLC as any other background character that's been denied by Boon.

I don't know the exact date but if you care to find the tweet, go ahead. Tanya isn't removed if you choose Kitana after downloading Skarlet, she's only removed if you're playing Skarlet vs Kitana in the Coliseum. IMHO, Tanya stands as much of a chance as DLC as any other background character that's been denied by Boon.
Didn't know that.

Anyways, she may or may not be the 4th DLC character, but Tanya has more chance at becoming DLC than many other kombatants in MK eventually.

Boon also tweeted this last night,

Noobde: "RT @DamienAran @noobde Any plans for any more "guest" chars as DLC??? Noobde: I can noteth disclosure thine answer."

Combined with his responses to Tanya requests I think it can be safely narrowed down to 2 possiblities:

A: Tanya is the 4th DLC and there are at least serious talks of a future guest DLC.

B: The 4th DLC is a guest character and Tanya is just a character Boon would really like to make DLC if given the opportunity.

Other than that Reiko is the only character in demand that hasn't been deconfirmed by Boon (Shinnok, Fuijin, Tremor) or fellow NRS member Paulo Gaurcia (Cyber Smoke).

Oh, I saw recently found the X-Play interview where Boon references a "Goro-type brute" and I think he was taken out of context by the MKO community (where I got the info from previously). He just mentions that type of character, along with Shinnok, as possible concepts they had talked about making into DLC. Here's the interview for those interested:

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/54075/face-time-mortal-kombats-ed-boon/

Tanya is going to DLC? Maybe, is probable but we dont know.

Is Tanya the 4th DLC char? No, it would be a huge dissapointment, the 4th DLC must be a character that surprises all of us (Im sure it will be a brand new), Tanya has her fans, yes, but they are not many, and NRS is smart they wouldn't go in mistery and make as hype like this for a character a minority rquests. There are only 2 dlc chars that deserves this mistery and hype (based on popularity of course), and those are Rain (who we know is not the ??? dlc) and Cyber smoke.

??? = Cyber Smoke or New char

PS - Dont get angry Tanya fans but is common sense, Im not saying Tanya wont be DLC, im just saying she is not the mistery DLC.

Is Tanya the 4th DLC char? No, it would be a huge dissapointment, the 4th DLC must be a character that surprises all of us (Im sure it will be a brand new), Tanya has her fans, yes, but they are not many, and NRS is smart they wouldn't go in mistery and make as hype like this for a character a minority rquests. There are only 2 dlc chars that deserves this mistery and hype (based on popularity of course), and those are Rain (who we know is not the ??? dlc) and Cyber smoke.

PS - Dont get angry Tanya fans but is common sense, Im not saying Tanya wont be DLC, im just saying she is not the mistery DLC.

I have to agree, same goes with fujin,Rieko. They may have some fans (especially here since this is an MK fan site) but in reality, most people dont care about them.

Its true, everyone likes rain because he was an original character, and cyber smoke is reconizable to classic fans as well.

And a new character is also something that I could see happening. To even it out, alot of people would be pissed if someone like rieko was DLC, but if its new character, I guess no one can complain.

wise words you post

After Boon lit up Twitter last night, I see Tanya or Cyber Smoke as the only real DLC options for #4. Reiko maybe has an outside chance but I doubt it. I would like it to be Tanya.

Tanya IS a dlc char for sure, not necessary the 4th though but she has a model so she's coming for sure.

I have to agree, same goes with fujin,Rieko. They may have some fans (especially here since this is an MK fan site) but in reality, most people dont care about them.

This is quoted for truth. It's going to be cyber-smoke. That would complete the roster.

Tanya IS a dlc char for sure, not necessary the 4th though but she has a model so she's coming for sure.

No, that doesnt mean anything, that model is low resolution, like Daegon's, Sareena's, Frost's and others from the Pit background, and I bet none of them will be DLC. Also they didnt use Kenshi's pit background model for the DLC character, they made a new one.

Tanya is a probable option, but I bet she wont be in.

Tanya's model, you can notice the low resolution, that model doesnt work for a DLC char.
mortal_kombat___tanya_by_fullm8n-d3f1cdj.png

Last edited:
This is quoted for truth. It's going to be cyber-smoke. That would complete the roster.
No it's not. As much as it pains me to say it, Tom Brady confirmed already that Cyber Smoke would only be released as a skin for Human Smoke. Besides, it's already been confirmed by WB Games that the 4th DLC is a "new entrant to the Mortal Kombat tournament". That confirms that the 4th DLC character is a completely different character, which Cyber Smoke is not; he's an alternate version of an existing character that we already have in MK9.

Tanya, Reiko, or a new male character are the most likely candidates, right now.

It's not about who "deserves" (a completely subjective matter in its own right) to live up to the hype of a 4th DLC character, it's about who is the 4th DLC character. And lol, it's not common sense that Tanya isn't the 4th DLC character, that's an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. People are really setting themselves up for disappointment if they think the 4th DLC character just has to be the ultimate badass only because they are keeping it a mystery. Now, I'm not saying the 4th DLC character can't be somebody awesome, and I'm not saying that Tanya is certain to be the 4th DLC character or even a DLC character, but NRS has disappointed us before, and there's nothing to suggest that they can't or won't do it again, yet people still fall prey to the hype. I don't think I'm gonna post much on these boards if Tanya really is the 4th DLC character, as there's gonna be a massive shitstorm if it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

theres gonna be a shitstorm no matter who it is, Tanya/Rieko/Fujin fans will like their character, but alot of people who dont give a shit about the 3d mortal kombat games will hate them

Cyber smoke fans will be pleased if he's the character, but people who believe its unfair because of Human smoke already in the game/ or people unfamiliar with Retro characters will hate him.

NRS' decision to have only 4 characters has indeed made people really anxious, knowing a certain character will get in over their favorite. So that is why there will be a shitstorm no matter what.
A New character is what would make everyone come together as one. I could see it happening, and I honestly wouldnt mind it if it was cool.

even though ed boon said no to three different characters it might be frost or even bo rai cho anyone but tanya and ill be fine

Well you're stuck with MK (2011) for at least 3 years...

(why is everyone already crying about MK 10 ==> MKX, while this game has so much more potential jeezes)

...so why will Tanya or other chars not be dlc? I hardly think they'll quit after 4.
Anyhow, I for one want a shitload of chars added to the roster just to keep it fresh.
Originals, cross game/movie or not... I don't care!
As long as they are cool and not ridiculous I'll buy them and besides I know Boon likes to mess with peeps, but why hint to chars that will never see the light of day again? (in this game that is)
So far the answers he gave about chars that will NOT be available for DLC were pretty clear, he evades or riddles about the maybe's and will be's and he created Tanya in his sisters image/name just like Sonya and I'll take Tanya anyday over Sonya believe you me.

It would also suck if NRS doesn't make stage fats or entire new arena's cuz of 3D related costs/limits, cuz you should be able to drop someone in every stage...

(especially after the monstrosity MK:DA where there wasn't a single kill stage but they tried to make that up with MK:D, MK:U & MK:A where you could kill someone in almost every stage just the fact that it was possible mid-fight sucked)

Also it's bad enough they fused Pit 1 & 2 together and made a night & day version of it while that time and money could've gone to a whole new one and they ditched the Belltower fatality and NO Pit 3 wtf?
Black Ops is 3D too, and they get maps which are a lot bigger, more difficult and costly to make and NRS prolly made the same amount of money on MK like IW or Treyarch earned on one of their CoD games so that's kinda BS imo.

I would be happy if bo rai cho was the 4th kombatant

That's my idea of a ridiculous character, no pun intended though, that's just taste. :)
I would pay a hundred bucks for a Predator character and you should see the hate messages I got for saying that loooool

what if the mystery kharacter was a kombatant from another game like SF or Tekken?