4th DLC Character Discussion: Freddy Krueger~ ALL FREDDY DISCUSSION GOES HERE

Are you getting Freddy Krueger?

• Total voters
Re: 4th DLC Character Discussion~ All posts related to it go here.

So child murderer and pedophile don't ring alarm bells in your head? I don't know what bonehead came up with the Freddy rumor, but I'm surprised that some people think it's actually a good idea.
At least Jason is just a mindless idiot on a killing spree, but him being in MK makes about as much sense as an MK character in an F13 movie. If you want a horror icon fighter go play Terrordrome.

It was never stated in the originals but still hinted at. Besides, like killing kids isn't enough to cross the line? No matter how NR would "incorporate him", he is what he is, no one's going to suddenly forget Freddy's origins. Enough of this already.

Just because you don't agree with Freddy being in the game doesn't mean I have to stop thinking he is. I certainly do not care whether or not Freddy could have been a pedophile in a movie. Not like he's going to be molesting little kids in the game. Jesus.

Just because you don't agree with Freddy being in the game doesn't mean I have to stop thinking he is. I certainly do not care whether or not Freddy could have been a pedophile in a movie. Not like he's going to be molesting little kids in the game. Jesus.
Yes he won't be molesting anyone. But when you take away his personality, he becomes baraka and we don't need another baraka. ;)

So, with Rigo Cortes' new information my money is on a new character or guest. At this point I really don't know which though, how many hours 'till we find out?

Uh, what?

You obviously don't get my point. He's naming the similarities of characters in MK to Freddy Krueger. Freddy is an entirely different character than Kabal and Baraka. They have absolutely nothing in common except the skin. All of the MK ninjas in previous games were pallet swaps..They looked identical.
Yes but Baraka and Kabal aren't Ninjas tho! Which I don't understand why you brought up the MK ninjas.

Wow, look at all the members watching this thread.

****ing freaks, don't stare at us.

So, with Rigo Cortes' new information my money is on a new character or guest. At this point I really don't know which though, how many hours 'till we find out?

2 hours 45 mins I think

IGN's press embargo runs out in 2 hours, 45 minutes.

EDIT: I really must type quicker! :p

Yes he won't be molesting anyone. But when you take away his personality, he becomes baraka and we don't need another baraka. ;)

wow that cheap shot at Baraka was uncalled for hes my homeboy . and Freddy is a smart ass . being a pedophile is not a personality trait.

Yes but Baraka and Kabal aren't Ninjas tho! Which I don't understand why you brought up the MK ninjas.

We are talking about similarities with CHARACTERS. I'm making a simple and valid point. They are NOT ninjas, and I never implied they were. Saying you don't like Freddy BECAUSE has a similar appearances as Baraka and Kabal is like saying you don't like all the ninjas that look exactly identical.

Damn, we've never had this much guests before since Kratos or a new character was reaveled before the game game out lol.

STOP STARING AT MY ASS D:<

WHOA!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy_Krueger

"Krueger was released as the much-anticipated 4th DLC character in the Mortal Kombat 2011 video game. His identity was kept secret and revealed on July 21, 2011 at the Comic-Con convention in California. He will be available for play on August 2, 2011."

Either it's true or someone is trolling HARD!

I think of Freddy as a baraka/quan chi/smoke match up...

baraka for the claws...
quan chi for the dream powers he posses. could do "trance-like" moves
smoke for his speed. I imagine freddy being very quick.

Lol your comparisons are way off buddy, just forget u said those and move on.

Yeah you're right. It's okay for a real life person to have a video game aimed at children after they've been accused of child molestation for a decade plus, yet it's not okay for a fictional horror character to make their way into a mature fighting game.

I would jizz in my pants if it's Tremor.

WHOA!

"Krueger was released as the much-anticipated 4th DLC character in the Mortal Kombat 2011 video game. His identity was kept secret and revealed on July 21, 2011 at the Comic-Con convention in California. He will be available for play on August 2, 2011."

Someone is trolling.

WHOA!

Who knows. Guess we will know soon.