Kenshi Thread - "Seeing Without Sight"

No way he's weak, Thug. He is a monster. Tons of 30%-40% combos.

I think you must wait to use him online and when people understand how he plays and what people do.
Skarlet's mixups were awesome the first 2 days before people figured out how she plays.

Got some info that could be helpful after playing online to test stuff out and got the crap beat outta me in the process.

His reflect move can reflect almost anything. It seems as if it can block low projectiles too. Block kung Lao's low hat and stopped noob slide. It blocked all of noob's projectile moves. Doesn't black shao kahn's though and I don't think any of the other bosses. As with kratos golden fleece, if you deflect at a distance they can still jump over it.

Kenshi's x ray has armor before and after the x ray. So if you whiff you have armor.

As far as matchups go, he's bad against everyone.

J/k, I'm just not very good with him right now. Still figuring him out.

I like his gameplay. Wish I didnt rip off my protective thumb skin layer yesterday cause playing hurt...a lot.
Here are some small findings yesterday:

2,1, b+2 > Rising Karma > dash > f+3, 2 > Spirit Charge -7hits 30% (EX Spirt Charge only yeilds 31%)
f+2,2 > Rising Karma > 2,1,b+2 > Spirit Charge -7hits 28% (EX Spirit Charge yields 30% I believe)

[corner] 2,1,b+2 > 2,1 > X-ray -41% (very simple for good damage) 2,1 seems to connect with his X-ray the easiest IMO.
f+3,2 Rising Karma > dash > f+2,2 Xray -41%

If any of those damage totals are off feel free to correct. Trying to remember from last night.

Kenshi in the middle range/screen and on full screen, seems to be his territory, where he must feel totally comfortable fighting ... maybe his weakness lays on rushdown characters in close combats, IDK. Anyway, Kenshi looks scary if played by skilled players, and he has potential to be used in future tournaments.

Kenshi vs Kung Lao and Kenshi vs Noob Saibot are , at the moment, the most interesting matchups I would like to see people commenting about it .... to see if Kenshi can do well against these 2 characters ..... I think in some days, people can talk about a little.

I use F+2, 1, 2, Dash, 2, 1, D,B,1, 2, X-Ray. 44% Midscreen X-Ray Combo. or 47% with a jump punch at the beginning.

Got some info that could be helpful after playing online to test stuff out and got the crap beat outta me in the process.

His reflect move can reflect almost anything. It seems as if it can block low projectiles too. Block kung Lao's low hat and stopped noob slide. It blocked all of noob's projectile moves. Doesn't black shao kahn's though and I don't think any of the other bosses. As with kratos golden fleece, if you deflect at a distance they can still jump over it.

Kenshi's x ray has armor before and after the x ray. So if you whiff you have armor.

As far as matchups go, he's bad against everyone.

J/k, I'm just not very good with him right now. Still figuring him out.
He can reflect the bosses projectiles and Shao Kahn's too!! Tested it

Ex Flurry has armor as well

Negative edge on Blade Reflect is gonna kill my combos...lol

2,1, b+2 > Rising Karma > dash > f+3, 2 > Spirit Charge -7hits 30% (EX Spirt Charge only yeilds 31%)
f+2,2 > Rising Karma > 2,1,b+2 > Spirit Charge -7hits 28% (EX Spirit Charge yields 30% I believe)

[corner] 2,1,b+2 > 2,1 > X-ray -41% (very simple for good damage) 2,1 seems to connect with his X-ray the easiest IMO.
f+3,2 Rising Karma > dash > f+2,2 Xray -41%

If any of those damage totals are off feel free to correct. Trying to remember from last night.

On the first combo, I actually got 31% and then 32% with the enhanced move.

And on the last one, I only got 8/37%. Everything else is right though.

Last edited:
Hey, Criss...Tried it out and the damage is right except...the last string is f2, 2, b2, not f2, 1, b2. Might confuse some people.