Season Pass Discussion Thread

Re: The Season Pass Promotion Says 4 Characters, 8 Klassic Costumes

The costume I would like the most :

- Johnny Cage Klassic MK 1 costume

It's Johnny at his best, the "Van Damme" impersonation, hehe.

XD

** NOTE : without glasses, for sure.

Wtf? No. Kitana has three costumes, Mileena has FOUR. That's more than enough. We need to spread the alt love to the other characters.
i know it but since these costumes are named in game files (but not added in the disc) there is a high posibly that finally be added as dlc
remember 1 thing, all this free dlc thing is because they want we all download it (for new dlc chars compatibility reassons), so they will put as free dlc all the ppl ask for like classic noob and smoke.

i prefer a MK 1 pack if you ask me ;)

In July we get 4 classic costumes, Noob and Smoke with Kenshi and 2 more with Rain.

Pretty sure it's the other way around...

But yes, they "forgot" to mention 2 of the costumes to come in July.

Re: Do you think the Season pass will be a recurring feature?

If they're is a second batch of DLC fighters, then I imagine so. The question is though, will there be more after Mystery Fighter is released? They do want to save stuff for MK10 after all. :)

Doubt we get more for MK, but pretty sure it will become a trend in games to come.

Re: Season Pass Problems Thread

Once again people jump to conclusions, freak out, call NRS cussing them out and asking for their heads on a stick cause people cant be patient and wait for a solution to a non existent problem. Download the season pass, then see if you can download Skarlet. If not restart the system, load up the game and download from the in game menu. problem solved. I hope anyone that demanded their money back got laughed at and hung up on

If they're is a second batch of DLC fighters, then I imagine so. The question is though, will there be more after Mystery Fighter is released? They do want to save stuff for MK10 after all. :)

**** that save stuff for MK10 logic. We wanted this game for so long, let's go balls to the wall with this one.

Anyways, yes, I'm certain the season pass will reoccur as long as this one does well.

i know it but since these costumes are named in game files (but not added in the disc) there is a high posibly that finally be added as dlc
remember 1 thing, all this free dlc thing is because they want we all download it (for new dlc chars compatibility reassons), so they will put as free dlc all the ppl ask for like classic noob and smoke.

i prefer a MK 1 pack if you ask me ;)

Is it possible the MK2 outfits were originally going to be the retro ones, but when it came time to actually make them, they opted for MK3, and simply didn't remove the MK2 references, either due to forgetting to do so or to serve as a red herring?

Characters -
JUNE
Skarlet
JULY
Kenshi
Rain
AUGUST
Mysterious Character

Retro Skins -
JUNE
Cyrax
Sektor
JULY
Noob
Smoke
AUGUST
2 TBA's

That's all the info given us on the Dashboard promotion for the season pass. However, that still leaves two more retro costumes to be released. Who do you think they'll belong to, and when do you think they'll come out?

I think you might have it mixed up. It should be like this:

Chars: June: Skarlet
July: Rain
Kenshi
August: Mystery Char.
Cost.: June: Cyrax
Sektor
July: Noob
Smoke
Mystery
Mystery
August: Mystery
Mystery

Anyways, I think the 4 mystery costumes are going to be for rain, Skarlett (the only other two ninjas w/o them) Stryker and Kabal ( because I remember seeing people complaining about stryker's hat and it would make a nice police package) and the Mystery character I'm hoping would be Tremor.

I hope we don't get any more mugen characters for DLC. Throw in an established character (Shinnok or Fujin) for slot #4. It needs to be a big name, considering many people have already paid for it without knowing who character #4 is. Such faith should be rewarded.

Hope to see for the other four costumes Cage mk1, Raiden MK2, Kung Lao mk3 and Shang Tsung mk3.

Wtf? No. Kitana has three costumes, Mileena has FOUR. That's more than enough. We need to spread the alt love to the other characters.

This. It makes much less sense to hammer home more costumes for characters that have already gotten theirs when there are a number of characters who haven't. Yes, MK2 skins were listed in the game code but they could easily have been scrapped early on in favor of the more detailed MK3 costumes. It just wouldn't make much sense to go with MK2 female ninjas on top of the MK3 female ninjas when so many other characters are lacking in DLC love.

It's highly dependent on whether or not we're getting more DLC after ??? obviously, but I think the whole "season pass" deal is going to become a trend in any number of future games. It looks like the sales for MK's season pass is going to be well and the idea itself is sound. Depending on the sales figured for MK and LA Noire's "season passes" we could be seeing it a lot more often in big-time games.

I think the concepts for the Kombat Pass and Season Pass will pass over into other games. But as far as MK9, I think we'll get another Season Pass. All four of the characters are coming out this summer, and companies usually support their game with DLC and updates longer than that.

People need to stop with the MK2 females. Those costumes are horrible, they look like my grandma's swimming outfit, and they are too similar to the MK3 ones. Which the MK3 ones are far superior. It would be like people asking for MK2 ninjas even though we already have MK1. If a costume is going to be released it's going to be a bit different from the others. Not just "Johnny Cage with glasses" then a costume "Johnny Cage without glasses".