Season Pass Discussion Thread

Re: Season Pass Problems Thread

I got the compatability pack rite now and not early in the morning like other people. I read that people who got the pack early got skarlett, but then the pack went away. I just checked the marketplace rite now and the pack was up for download for free. It only says the download is for Cyrax and Sektor skins, but after the download was finished I popped in my MK9 game, went to the ladder, and Skarlett and the skins were there for me!

Nope, the Season Pass eight klassics are the pair you get with each of the four DLC characters (Skarlet: Cyrax and Sektor, Kenshi: Noob and Smoke (presumably), Rain: unknown and Mystery Fighter: unknown).

On a side note, if it makes you feel any better, the 400 points/$5 for the klassic skins pack also includes Jade, who was completely unavailable to the 360 here in the States. So if you spent that much on the multiple copies, $5 for her (and Kitana and Mileena) wouldn't be that bad, all things considered. :)

Hmm, you have a point. Thanks a lot dude!!

Not everyone is having problems. I booted up my XBOX at 6am on the dot when the Marketplace updated. Bought the season pass. Started the game. Skarlet was available for 0 pts. Download went ok, and everything is working fine for me.

It is pretty shameful that there are all these issues though and they really need to clean up the mess. Also, someone had better explain the free Skarlet with the compatibility pack. Maybe it'll be patched or something but that's quite a misstep unless this was somehow meant to happen. If this ends up being permanent, the season pass has officially become 3 characters for the price of 3.

EDIT: Some people are reporting the free Skarlet bug is fixed..

I know not everyone is having problems, but I won't take the risk. Also, if many fans are having problems with Skarlet, what can we expect when Kenshi, Rain and ??? come out? Maybe it will end up being "4 characters for the price of 8" lol
I hope this is actually fixed soon.

EDIT:
I'm as pissed as this guy

LOL I was just waiting for Kahn to perform his x-ray so I could hear that guy cry

Last edited:

Downloaded the compatibility...Skarlett still shows up as 1200ms HOWEVER, I do have my retro-robot skins AND Skarlett. #Winning

Oh and go listen to my song too! I made it for MK lovers like myself
http://soundcloud.com/universalkingdom/flash-blood-johnny-cage-i-win

yep. this is the best way. i just got mine. she still appears 1200 but i have her now. i had to go to the marketplace and redownload everything then play the disc and i skipped straight to the fight. and there she is, next to cyber sub

Alrite so I took my MK9 game out of the xbox and closed the tray. Went back to Xbox Marketplace and went to the Mortal Kombat game. There was a compatibility pack that I could download and rite now Im downloading it. So its dowloaded and went to the ladder to see and Bam! Scarlet is there :)

So take the disc out, go to the Mortal Kombat game on xbox live martketplace and download the compatibility pack and you will have it!

Worked for me. Skarletts Fatality is sick!

Yup, after downloading the free Compatibility pack it finally worked. But now this has me wondering if everyones getting her free now? I just payed $15 for the season pass and all of a sudden people are getting her free?

Yup, after downloading the free Compatibility pack it finally worked. But now this has me wondering if everyones getting her free now? I just payed $15 for the season pass and all of a sudden people are getting her free?

I heard they patched it a little big ago but yes people got her free before the patch

People only got her free because before the patch, NRS accidentally put Skarlet in the Compatibility Pack.

People only got her free because before the patch, NRS accidentally put Skarlet in the Compatibility Pack.

maybe it was them secretly being extra nice lol, I doubt it but you never know
anyway, Catsgonewild was right. I am now enjoying skarlett and retro robots thanks to his advice.

I feel sorry for anyone out there who may never get it fixed. The people responsible for this outrage all deserve to be sentenced to death by firing squad. The executioners being Ed Boon and crew:)

Here is how i did it to get Skarlet:

1. NRS said DLC in EU = 22nd June? I downloaded the DLC on 21st June, on xbox live.

2. Here is what i did as a xbox live user with a German Account who uses a second Austria (AT) Account just for the DLC stuff and the Game itself etc.

By starting the Game with a german Account, nothing happens, no DLC, nothing, not even the Compatibility Patch is there for Download.
So i started my AT Account (silver membership on xbox live) where i put on my MS Points (1200) for the Season Pass.

Started the Game, and was prompted for all the DLC Downloads. I downloaded the Seasonpass, nothing else! Then i went back to the Xbox Dashboard, i exited the Game.

Then i searched in the Marketplace of xbox live for the MK9 Game and all the DLC Content... there you find the Sektor/Cyrax Skin/Compatibility DLC, which u wont find anymore on the Game itself after you downloaded the Seasonpass.
So... i downloaded that DLC (info: at this Point for me it showed also skarlett as 400 MS Point DLC in marketplace and as 1200 DLC on the Shop in the Game itself.)

After it finished i re-downloaded the Seasonpass on the Marketplace on xbox live. I then went to my HD to watch my Files i downloaded, the funny thing is. The Cyrax/Sektor Download was named as "Skarlet" on my HD, so i went ahead and started MK9, still... there was Skarlet for 1200 Points in the Shop... i went to Arcade Mode, and whats this? Skarlett is there and the Cyrax/Sektor Skins, too.

Then you can just exit game and change your xbox live Account to your real (german) account and all Content will be there, too.

Thats ho it went for me some Hours ago.

SHIT! I already bought it and there's nothing! If I want Skarlett I need to pay more 1200mps!!!

This is really disgraceful to be honest... So do I have to download the compatibility pack in order for her to be free? I came home from work, ran straight to the xbox to do this and this is what I get. What a great buzzkill.

EDIT: NVM the compatibility pack gave me Skarlet.

I am so confused now...

Last edited:

it worked for me this morn....i went to the marketplace found the season pass downloaded it...it was like 3mb....put mortal kombat it and it said i needed the compatibility pack i downloaded it(went to dashboard, took 5 mins)...it was 48mb so i think scarlet is really in the compatibility pack but you pay to unlock her on your HD..then when you load the game back up it says the dlc is "free"(wish it said paid for) for you cause u paid for the season pass....hope this helps...im having no issues

another thing mircosoft dlc procedure is to make sure the dlc will work right payment/download wise...i think this was on mircosoft, cause they bundled all the content that NR gave them together. could be wrong though