Who Is Your Favorite MK Fighter and Why?

Stryker because he is so underrated so when I kick someone's ass with him they are left speechless lol

Also Mileena cause her sadistic childish attitude is awesome

Mileena - mix-ups are a monster in this game, I love making her dance and don't let me forget about her infamous laugh lol its epic

Shang Tsung - I been playing with Shang since MK2 so I had to pick him back up in MK9 and I'm pleased with him as well...his juggles and soul steal are what makes up for him not bein able to randomly morph into any1 and he also has the infamous laugh

Ermac - many people think he is cheap and I admit he can be but in the right hands Ermac is a beast. To me his X-ray is the best in the game, I like how they show you the fractured neck then Ermac is shown hovering over you like a boss

I really like using Kenshi. I think he is one of the better, more interesting characters in the game and I enjoy his gameplay quite a bit. Some people think he is slow but I think he is just fine.

I was hyped for Kenshi, having never seen him before as I quit MK after UMK3, but damn...what a let down.

He is hands down, the most boring character in this game. Only Scarlet has impressed me in the DLC line up.

I think NW is beastly, and im glad there were some good NW showings at EVO this year.

Cyrax, since UMK3 he is the character I have beaten people with the most so I mained him…His story and the fact that he is African just appeal to me as I ‘ve always liked playing as African characters in video games…

I'm loyal to the characters I've loved since the beginning. Each game, I'll work as hard as I can to perfect them all over again.

My favorite MK Fighter is Rain. He was my main during UMK3 and Trilogy and I love his character and the fact that he utilizes the water element.

Baraka because when i was younger i would put the game (mk2) on easy and low punched for as long as i could without getting hit . i used to love it when i accidentally made him do his chop chop blades ! plus i always loved the "monster" characters =P. i was uber exited when i saw the trailer for deception with him in it! Baraka has been and always will be my homeboy ;)

Can I have 3? If not, **** it, I'm putting 3 anyways.

Johnny : Balance, imho he is one of, if not THE most balanced players in this game. Sure he has speed, but he's counter-acted by recovery time. If you **** up and do a move that doesn't make sense in the situation, you get punished as you should . He's got a very good moveset and he's versatile against almost everyone in the game. Plus, if you play the corner game he's wayyy deadly. I can do a corner combo with him that does 40% WITHOUT METER! Can't really do it online unfortunately. <--- Why haven't they fixed that online yet?
Sektor : Balance and movelist. Plus, he's an all around bad ass. The noise his jets make when I land a hit, or the laugh he bellows out after an enhanced teleport make playing him a lot more satisfying. Plus, I consider him one of the most under rated characters in this game. He does A LOT of damage in very few hits. Plus he has a very decent mix up game as well.
Kenshi : He's WAY underrated. I don't see why people are so disappointed in him. He's got decent mix ups and WAYYY good specials. Within my first hour of playing as him I was get 30% combos. He's completely bad ass imo. But I guess he's not for everyone.

Ermac: He's a ninja mummy, enough said. Plus I love how he has telekinesis and his combos are entertaining to do.
Sub Zero: My fav fighting game growing up was Killer Instinct and I always used Glacius cause I love the concept of ice, so ideally Sub Zero became one of my favs.

who is your fav fighter in mk?

who is your fav fighter. it doesnt have to be a playable one.you can also pick one from street fighter.

Last edited:
Re: who is your fav fighter in mk?

Well, huh...lol

I have none for MK. But, for example, in UMK3, I use the characters I can make combos with: Robo Smoke, Sektor, Scorpion, Unmasked SubZero, Kabal...and to a lesser extent, Liu and Reptile. Of course, as a kid, it was Scorpion and Liu.

Now, on SF, it used to be Ken (when I was little, and thought the red guy was the "leader of the series"--too much Power Rangers I think). As I got older, it was Dan...when I played SFTM on MAME, it was F7...until I saw Capcom didn't owned him. So, none for this one too :)

Last edited:
i always liked sub zero but now in mk9 he cant teleport so its a little hard plus his powers dont really do damage so in mk9 i am not good with him but i always liked scorpion too and i pwnd with him in mk9

At the very beginning I really liked Raiden. he was my favorite.

When I had UMK3 in my possession, My favorite changed to Kung Lao. Reading his biography, and his look/style just screamed bad ass. I also got him confused with The Great Kung Lao back then.

When the craptastic 3-D genre hit shelves, I just liked Noob Saibot/Smoke... cuz man their combo's looked sick. And they weren't hard to do lol. My love for them was merely gameplay/flashyness. I wasn't TOO involved in their stories.

And for whatever reason. Jade is now my favorite.

She has a motherly/Best friend feel about her. And shows respect, when asking for favors. Goes against SHAO KHAN's rule for her friend. And I'm slowly growing on Green to be my new favorite color. I also really like her gameplay style, reminds me of Marth one of my mains from Super smash brothers Melee

Story/ personality wise:
-Shinnok (I like evil dudes and I want a friend like him! ...lol, jk)
-Havik (Chaos ftw!)

To play with:
-Raiden (So I'm not too sad when I get killed, lol)