Who Is Your Favorite MK Fighter and Why?

Always liked Kitana. Kiss of Death will always be the most entertaining fatality in my opinion.

I like Mileena a lot too, she's crazy awesome.

Reactions: p53
Sub-Zero! Love the colour blue, his ability to use ice is unique in the fighting game genre (as far as I'm aware), his progression throughout the games (Sub-Zero -> Noob Saibot -> Cyber Sub-Zero) is intriguing and his strategic fighting style is fun to play with. Also, his relationship with Scorpion is one of the features that makes Mortal Kombat games what they are today.

Kabal.
He has an interesting storyline, cool powers that don't even make sense (groundblade?) lol and an awsome design.
However, I think they should have developed more his personality in this game.

I like Cyrax because I've always mained him since MK3. Back then I thought he was Cyber Scorpion for a while because Scorpion wasn't in MK3. But when UMK3 came out and I got the guide which I still have to this day. I didn't really like him a whole lot in the 3D games but I just stuck with him because I was so used to playing as him. But in MK9 his playstyle is the best it has ever been and he fits my playstyle almost perfectly. I love playing slightly cautious and defensive and forcing people to make mistakes, then reem them up the cornhole for activating my TRAP CARD!

1232513386986.jpg

Rain.

He's royalty and uses aquatic abilities in battle - he's literally the Aquaman of MK(automatic win for me). Really hope his lightning move isn't as slow as Nightwolfs - or has different properties... I seen the Kenshi redesign, so I'm hoping that he has the UMK3 costume instead of Armaggeddon's poncho...

P.S. - (I'm a big fan of any water-based based characters: Aquaman, Rain, Hakan, Shipwreck, etc.)

Ermac has been my partner in killing since UMK3/Trilogy. We used to have neighborhood tournaments where I used to live and I was the only one to beat the big bad teenager who was killing everyone. He's been my favorite ever since. I love everything about his character.

I love his use of telekinesis, and the slam is probably my favorite move of all time. The red and black coloring with the green glow, pitch shifted voice, the whole created of souls/using "We" instead of "I". It's just so awesome in my eyes. His playing style is perfect for me. And add the fact that his Animality was a frog, of course he's my favorite!!:)

Last edited:
SCORPION!!!

Why?

Cuz of his never ending supply of being a bad-ass. His story is so tragic, he is a good guy at heart, and who the hell cannnot hate his spear? I will always love Scorpion til I die.

Reptile. Way back in MK2 he was quite unique (aside from being a ninja). Now after about 14 years he's got his bloody force balls back! In this game the force balls are more deadly than ever due to combo's.

^ Oh and Scorpion is my No. 2. :)

Last edited:
Mileena. She's quick and scary when used aggressive. Not only is she great in gameplay, but in character too. She's basically an "F**k you." to the generic "hot" girl. Her teeth may be found attractive metaphorically. (such as "sexual predator") The teeth also add to her character, the biggest difference between her and Kitana. When I think about it, (at least for females) Mileena has the best dialogue in story mode. I really get tired of the blowjob jokes. They're overused. I never found them funny. I love how Mileena comes off as very childish, creepy, and disturbing. Mileena was my favorite from my first encounter with the Mortal Kombat series. Mileena is also very sexy.(;

Re: What's your favorite character and why?

Smoke cus he is just plain badass. Also he's a cyborg and a ninja so he's two badasses in one

noob saibot. original sub zero, reincarnated into a shadow wielding badass.

me like

Jade. I think she is seriously underrated, and I really liked her character in the story mode. Oh, and her Half-mast Fatality is my favourite in the game. Also, enhanced boomerangs for the lols.

Kratos:

because he is the best fighter to pick if u want funny rage messages.

lol

kratos just lets u be as crazy as u want and has no remorse or want to hear the voice of reason and really don't care if u get in his way he'll kill u just because he wants to.

kratos was the hero in gow 1 but threw out the games u slowly turn to the badguy and in kno game are u the bad guy and that to me just seems to be so damn cool.

i said in a thread here that kratos was the character i bought mk9 for and if he wasn't there i don't think i would have got mk. as i have said many times that im a huge fan boy of kratos/gow and proud of it.

Ermac and Rain, gameplay wise. Story-wise Ermac's cool but Rain's such an entitled prick lol. If we're basing this on story, I think Scorpion takes it.

Sub-Zero.

Only guy I could beat Goro with in MK1.

Plus I love the idea of Sub-Zero.
That Sub-Zero isn't necessarily a single person.

Bi Han and Kuai Liang are two different people but both had the codename Sub-Zero at one point.
This sort of gives off the idea that "Sub-Zero" can never really die.

Johnny cage i remember him in the first one punching people in the nuts and who else can uppercuts someones head off three times