Who Is Your Favorite MK Fighter and Why?

These are my current favorites:

• Baraka
  • Kitana
  • Mileena
  • Reptile
  • Sareena
  • Sindel
  • Skarlet
  • Tanya

Most of them I like because I consider their design/story interesting/appealing.
Baraka was the first character I played (MK2), Reptile I like because I like reptiles (Monitor lizards in particular). In general, I prefer female characters in fighting games (my first "love" among game characters was Chun Li).
I also like Ashrah, Ermac, Li Mei, and Nitara, but currently they are not my favorite favorites. Actually, there is no MK character I truly dislike (except Meat and Mokap).

Last edited:
These are my current favorites:

• Baraka
  • Kitana
  • Mileena
  • Reptile
  • Sareena
  • Sindel
  • Skarlet
  • Tanya

Most of them I like because I consider their design/story interesting/appealing.
Baraka was the first character I played (MK2), Reptile I like because I like reptiles (Monitor lizards in particular). In general, I prefer female characters in fighting games (my first "love" in among game characters was Chun Li).
I also like Ashrah, Li Mei, and Nitara, but currently they are not my favorite favorites. Actually there is no MK character I truly dislike (except Meat and Mokap).

It's funny in other fighting games like Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur etc, I prefer the females fighters aswell and allways use the gals more than the guys but in MK I've allways used the male characters more (though I do have more female KAK's in Armageddon). Maybe it because I played MK before I hit puberty and used male characters for so long I'm just more used to them. I didn't start playing DOA and SC till I was a horny teenager so naturally I picked a female fighter first lol.

Reactions: p53
Cyrax-- Because is Rasta and a ****ing robot at the same time...

Noob-Saibot- He is kind of a spooky character, have always liked him for that...

Scorpion- Gotta go with my heritage here.. I'm Japanese, he's Japanese.. can't go wrong with Asian people... He also has a flaming skull, and breathes fire on people.

Lui Kang...he's the the champ in Mortal Kombat and earthrealm hero...in the game he always have the best looking combo...

Raiden:

-Because he is hot
-Because he is immortal
-Because he is awesome in general (looks, moves, etc.)
-Because he is hot

He is hot. DID I MENTION HE WAS HOT? BECAUSE HE IS.

I stated why I like Sub-Zero before but I want to mention all my favourites.

1 - Sub-Zero
2 - Rain
3 - Reptile
4 - Ermac
5 - Scorpion
6 - Smoke
7 - Noob
8 - Kabal

Oh boy, here we go. Into my Noob Saibot fandom...

At first, I chose him in Trilogy because as much as I loved playing as Sub, he was getting kinda stale, and black is my favorite color, so I figured I'd give the "shadow ninja" a shot. Then I discovered the complete OP-nonsense that was his Disabler Ball, and managed to do my first fatality ever with him. He instantly jumped to the top of my favorite list after that, and has remained there ever since. (And the fact that he was eventually revealed the original Sub Zero only furthered my love for the character in general.)

For MK9 though, aside from his awesome primary outfit and sick moveset, there are two major reasons I love playing as him:

• For one, I love how there's something so much deeper to him than the game actually lets on, but still allows you to see. While I am still extremely disappointed by how unbelievably weak his introduction and presence in story mode was, I feel like NRS partially made up for that by having so much rich narrative depth within his fighting style. For instance, has any one noticed that the majority of the time it's Saibot (his "shadow") doing the attacking, not Noob? Shadow Charge? Saibot. Shadow Upknee? Noob shields himself, Saibot executes the kick. In his primary BnB combo B+1,2,1,4? Saibot is the one that starts the chain.

What this interlaced narrative started to tell me is that perhaps it's Saibot who is the true warrior. Perhaps Saibot was the demented half of Bi-Han -- the ruthless and viscous half of his personality that has taken on a partial life of its own thanks to Quan Chi enhancing Bi-Han's power. His win pose seems to sum that up: Noob stands up straight looking at the opponent, while Saibot cackles joyously like a madman. Then there are the times like his grapple where it's Noob who laughs while Saibot does his thing. I love how that's portrayed -- its like even though they are partially separated, Saibot is so ingraned in Noob's psyche that his personality takes over every so often like that.

At least, that's the theory that's driving the short story on Noob that I'm writing. I'll be sure to post it in the FF section when it's done.

• My theory leads into that the second point fairly well: I feel like I "get" and relate to the character and what his duality potentially represents. I know what it feels like to have this more cynical half inside and watching it get the better of me at times; becoming a separate creature of its own volition and wondering afterwards "who was that?" Basically, "Papercut" by Linkin Park... haha.

favorite 3:
1. kano(before and after the nerf/buff)
2. baraka
3. sindel

my favorite characters are always the less popular but still cool imo. i consider myself the exact opposite of a tier whore.

favorite 3:
1. kano(before and after the nerf/buff)
2. baraka
3. sindel

my favorite characters are always the less popular but still cool imo. i consider myself the exact opposite of a tier whore.

I actually like playing as Kano, just don't like to play against him, lol.

My favorite MK fighter is Stryker; I played alot of UMK3 and I always used him and had fun with him. I like how he manages to stay alive in a world full of sorcerers, soul stealers, and fireballs with just a gun and a nightstick, pure awesomeness....

Smoke why? I can't really say I played MK2 when I was 8 and saw my brother fight Smoke I was like "OMG its super Scorpion!!" (I would use Scorpion and get owned every game) then UMK3 came out and needless to say I flipped out robot scorpion was like the coolest thing I've ever heard of

Sindel- One of the least played characters in this game, and in UMK3 on xbox. I love her fighting styles, hair whipping skills, the Queen of a realm, and her story is sad but makes her a strong support role in the game. Also, the woman that played her in annhilation was HOoooOOOT. Fatalities with her always impressed me.

Mileena- Her fighting style appealed to me in all the games, she has always had the same special moves. Her story is awesome. Her attitude. Her story in the old story and new one. Her fatalities are cool. Underplayed.

EDIT: OMFG how could I forget Li Mei and Frost. My first actual Mortal Kombat game was Deadly Alliance and they were my most played.

Li Mei has some of the best special moves in the game series I think. Her carnival spin was a great laucher. Scissor flip was fast. Nova blast was her pretty projectile. And her flurry punches looked awesome. Loved how her story went into her Deception story and she became evil.. mwahahhahah

mine is raiko he's shao kahn's "shao kahn" if that makes sense

- scorpion
- sub zero
- reptile
- sindel
- kano
- Quan chi
- Raiden
- shang tsung

and many more

quan chi (surprised anyone?) - mostly because hes like the badass character of mk. he doesnt give a s*** about anyone. he will stab anyone in the back, even the badguys. his moves are cool. his design is cool. he plays a big role in the storyline.
like if someone said "i trust you quan chi" quan would be like "hahahahaha die!"
i also think that quan chi is the 1 character in mk that you can love AND hate.

my second favorite is sub-zero. i used to pick him all the time back in the first 3 mk's before quan chi was introduced into the series. i always loved the ability to freeze people. classic ninja for 2nd place!

other favorites are : ermac, mileena, baraka, cyrax, noob saibot, kano, kitana

favorite bosses are: motaro, kintaro

favorite mk4 and after characters (minus quan chi of course): kenshi, shinnok, reiko, frost, havik, hotaru, tanya

Last edited:
my favorite MK Character is Kabal
and i've been staring at this text box not knowing why really lol

my favorite one to play is Jade because of her unique move set and melee range

Sub-zero cuz he is ninja,blue(my fav colour) and he have ice specials,nightwolf,his combos are sick,and i like his hatchet and reflection

Best Is Sonya Blade ... In MK3 She Looked So Cool !!! In Mk9 She Looks So Sexy =) & She Can Defeat Anyone !!! Even Ninjas =) And She Have Strongest Legs In MK She Can Kick You So Hard That You Will Be Knocked In Other Side Of Earth ... Ha Ha .

I Like When In MK9 She Say Yes =)
I Like Female Ninjas Kunoichi But In MK So Much Female Ninjas ...

And I Liked Sonya Legs Only Fighting Stile In Armageddon It Was So Cool =)
And I Like Bridgette Wilson Sampras She Is So Sonya http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Bridgette_Wilson_Sampras/189851/Bridgette_Wilson_Sampras_1.jpg =)

Oh I Talk To Much Sorry =)

My top 2 favorites are Sheeva and Cyrax. I like Sheeva because of her design and fatalities. It's also nice that almost nobody likes or uses her. Cyrax has some amazing combos and just looks cool. I like the fact that they gave him a human form in this one. I also think when playing tag matches , these 2 balance each other out pretty well. If I had to pick a third it would be Nightwolf.

3 possible ways to define who character(s) is (are) your preferred(s)/favourite(s) :

1- The character has gameplay/moveset that fits your taste (we talk here only about the gameplay aspect); or ....

2- The character has appearance,personality and background story that you feel interesting and cool, so, caught your attention (you like him/her despite if perhaps his/her moveset/gameplay is not among the best in the game)

3- The character has both item 1 and 2 above (the character fits perfect for ya !)

My favourite from old games, and , being portraied now here in MK 2011, is Mileena.

My new playmate idol is Skarlet.

I like bad girls, hehe. XD

chameleon is my favorite character
1. he can turn into all the other ninjas
2. he was asecret character
3. he can master all of their moves