Shao Kahn should NOT come back!!

Trilogy

Now that the elder gods have themselves taken out Shao Kahn, i think he should NOT COME BACK for ATLEAST three games (unless it is very necessary or amazingly awesome and twist-like). He was the series main villain, and I think his time to shine should be over, however badass he was (which i agree he was).

Instead, i think Shinnok's reign should last longer cuz he's a freakin FALLEN ELDER GOD!!

If he doesn't come back, that would certainly also make way for Reiko's storyline from MK4. I really wanted to see that fleshed out more.

If he doesn't come back, that would certainly also make way for Reiko's storyline from MK4. I really wanted to see that fleshed out more.

Yeah thats kinda cool, but I cannot see Reiko as a boss...

PS - What a hell is wrong with your sign? lol

He should come back... A's a good guy, defeat shinok, and then control outworld again in 11 or 12 JK... Maybe

Last edited:
no other villain can come close to even touching Shao Kahn

He's the ultimate badass and villain of the series and no one deserves to be on top of him.
Shao Kahn could crush Shitock with one pinky

He's the ultimate badass and villain of the series and no one deserves to be on top of him.

Agree 100%!!! good said sir. rep+

Shao Kahn does have more of a presence as a Mortal Kombat villian. Not only was Shinnok never portrayed as a force to be reckoned with (hell, Shang is more intimidating then him), but his games never displayed him working on a scale as big as Kahn's. They're going to have to do A LOT to make him a good villian.

Yeah thats kinda cool, but I cannot see Reiko as a boss...

PS - What a hell is wrong with your sign? lol

You act like you've never seen a globe eating potato chips before. Hahahaha! :)

I don't think Reiko should be the main boss, I just want his story expanded with Kahn out of the way.

Yeah I think Shinnok will be the boss of the next game. They need to do some major revamping to his character though to make him a boss instead of just another fighter like he was in MK4. You can't really make him huge and strong like Kahn but he could have some crazy sorcerer's powers or something. As long as he has some really cheap moves that he can spam the hell out of he'll be just at tough as Kahn was in the current game. I think it can be done well.

i TOTALLY agree with you, but that's why i think Shao Kahn shouldn't come back, he's too much of a bad ass, if he comes back it will just be the same story and the same HUGE battle of people trying to stop him from merging the realms. With him gone, Shinnok, who obviously doesn't care about rules and is smart enough to know how to get around them, can sneakily make his way to the top. AND if he were to get his hands on that amulent he would be ALOT stronger tha Shao Kahn

Shao Kahn is THE Mortal Komabat villain and no one can touch his presence in the series but I would like to see someone different. I know most of you guys hate him, but I'd like to see Onaga as the main villain in the next game. Yeah Shinnok is a fallen Elder God but he just didn't have a presence to him nor did he look intimidating plus he was easy as hell to beat. Onaga on the other hand looks like someone who was once Kahn's boss and I remember having a hard time beating him in Deception.

Open your mind a bit. There's plenty of room for a villain to top Shao Kahn in awesomeness.

No Shao Kahn for MK10, bring Shinnok back, a different look though. Don't give him that character replicating bs either, make him his own person. Make him really evil/scary looking, he's a fallen elder god. Make him super evil, no one can touch Kahn, but I really want to see Shinnok come in, so they can expand him as a character.

Also, I agree with that Alisa chick, I want to see them delve deeper with Reiko. That's a good idea, if they keep Reiko the same as he was, he won't stand out and he too has a lot of potential to be a really interesting character.

I see how some of you could oppose Shao Kahn. Because Its kinda true that it would be the same story over and over again. Anyone familiar with The Legend Of Zelda series knows that Ganondorf is always the main badass, like Shao Kahn. But then came Majora's Mask. A game where ganon was absent and instead the villian was 10X more evil and was pretty much Satan in the form of a mask. He had no real goals, just chaos.

But theres no one in MK like that, and dont give me that BS about Shinnok, I'm sorry but having him as the "Ultimate Villain" is laughable and lame, just like he was in MK4. If they ever even consider replacing Kahn, they're gonna have to spend a long time thinking of a new Villain. Something so pure evil and wretched that has never been thought of before in an MK game. something that when you look at, you cant help but cringe at how vile it it.

I see how some of you could oppose Shao Kahn. Because Its kinda true that it would be the same story over and over again. Anyone familiar with The Legend Of Zelda series knows that Ganondorf is always the main badass, like Shao Kahn. But then came Majora's Mask. A game where ganon was absent and instead the villian was 10X more evil and was pretty much Satan in the form of a mask. He had no real goals, just chaos.

But theres no one in MK like that, and dont give me that BS about Shinnok, I'm sorry but having him as the "Ultimate Villain" is laughable and lame, just like he was in MK4. If they ever even consider replacing Kahn, they're gonna have to spend a long time thinking of a new Villain. Something so pure evil and wretched that has never been thought of before in an MK game. something that when you look at, you cant help but cringe at how vile it it.

Nothing beats Kahn, but an over the top Shinnok would be sweet. They have violent characters, but they never have horror characters, I want to see Shinnok come back, but just extremely evil and horrific. There was this fan art I saw awhile ago and it was of Quan Chi and his arms were skinned, and he was surrounded by flies and shit. He looked actually scary, they kinda re-did his whole design, like MK has always been super violent, but it's never really had that horror-theme if you guys get what I'm saying. MKT really nailed it though with it's atmosphere, like music and colors. I want them to really go into that theme with MK10, just make it like really bleak, ya know?

Mokap would be perfect for that!

MK has always been super violent, but it's never really had that horror-theme if you guys get what I'm saying. MKT really nailed it though with it's atmosphere, like music and colors. I want them to really go into that theme with MK10, just make it like really bleak, ya know?

EXACTLY! Trilogy was dark as hell, they even slowed down all the music and made it sound heavier, the colors appeared to be darker as well. Trilogy was the first Mortal Kombat game I ever played, and its always been my favorite, So thats the game I always refer back to when I think of retro Mortal Kombat and my childhood. The game that scared the shit out of me. And thats how the series should be for the new generation of kids getting into MK. More ****ed up and evil.