Rain Thread - "I am the Prince of Edenia"

Re: Rain Thread - "I am a direct descendant of Argus himself"

I only got to practice him for a good 20 minutes this morning (sacrificed my breakfast to DL and play him before going to work), and I just didn't care for him.

However, I'm seeing other people played around with him for that long and didn't like him, but stuck with him and learned to love him. Should I keep on keepin on?

my bnb is

1,2,f4,dash,4,3,bubble (move right in front of you up high), 4,3,lightning,roundhouse,2,water splash

does 38% with jump in and i find it the most practical for online

i like rain, i believe he will weed out the scrubs and noobs, because he is difficult to get the timing right on his juggles. He can be a bit frustrating at times actually

rain is so much different from kenshi and skarlet
he is so weird
i got a 48% x ray mid screen 13 hits
4,3, lightning, super kick, 4,3 , bubble, 1, X ray, 4, geyser kick
its pretty easy to do
i got a 37% meter less mid screen 10 hits
4,3, lightning, super kick, 4,3, bubble, 4,3, B + 4 have to be very very careful with the last 3 hits to make sure the very last one lands (B + 4)

Last edited:

he is so weird, i dont even understand the point of the geyser kick it does the exact same amount of damage as an uppercut and the recovery time is the same as an uppercut

It's a better and faster anti air than an uppercut.

he is so weird, i dont even understand the point of the geyser kick it does the exact same amount of damage as an uppercut and the recovery time is the same as an uppercut
i got a 40% x ray mid screen 8 hits in the 5 minutes that i used him
3,3 lightning, super kick (the one that teleports your opponent no enhanced), 1, and immediately X ray
its pretty easy to do

The guyser kick you can hit a lil kick beofre it and then do it, so it adds damage

The guyser kick you can hit a lil kick beofre it and then do it, so it adds damage
Plus his kick can be put into combos like the one you just showed. Try to do that with uppercut instead.

EDIT: NVM mixed up Super Kick with Geyser Kick

BUT... his Geyser Kick is essentialy Kung Laos spin, amazing wake-up.

If u wonder where is the quote from is from MKA, he said to Taven "I am not friends of yours. I am Rain the Prince of Edenia"

I removed the "I am Rain" because its redundant lol

Eh, He is a little slow for my taste, And he doesn't do enough damage, I notice he is very offensive and that's the only way i can play him, He is definitley a great character, Just not for me, The teleport keeps getting in my way though....

Found a 63% wall combo, requires 2 bars

Start out with a charged up H20 boost, 4,3 Lightning(charged up) , 4,3 geyser kick, 4,3 geyser kick

It'll be 65% if you charge up the final geyser kick. So far from what I can tell, if you have someone against a wall with H20 boost charged up, you're almost always gonna do insane damage.

OK i learned a 55% damage hit for him with x-ray and 58% with Damage boost.
HERE it is. Ive tried others but this one combo does it the best.
JP 143, Lightning, 4 3 geyser kick, 4 3, Bubble(lift right up next to him), 4 3 X-ray, then uppercut.

i gotta say nrs really outdid themselves wit rain i literally didnt leave practice for about 5 hours yesterday: k so heres a lil somethin for all you guys who think he does no damage 43%no meter
jump in 2,4,3 waterball 4'3 super roundhouse 4,3 lightning 4,3,b4

I enjoy Rain much more than Skarlet and more than Kenshi as well. He doesn't have much in the chain combo department but the specials is where it is at.

Anyone else surprised he has a damage boost? I am..

Where there is rain, there are clouds?
'Prepare to get wet? o_O'

I havent seen it mentioned but you can dash cancel out of his super kick much like Jax or Styker. More so like Stryker cause you need to continue to hold the input and then dash.
Just hold 4. Then dash. Should be pretty useful

I say his teleport is closer to Cyrax then Raiden as he has small window where he can be punished due to him popping up from the ground.

Last edited: