Rain Thread - "I am the Prince of Edenia"

X-ray combo:

H20 Boost, JF1, 4, 3, x-ray, 1, 1, Aqua Slash = 54% (9 hits)

I cannot do better with his x-ray :/ I bit disappointed with his x-ray I have to admit...

Fox, found 2,4 to be a combo starter too if followed by an X-Ray at least, works with Stryker's combo.

There's not much, but the most notable:

-Water-port: Normal: Just like Raiden's Enhanced: Does a Geyser Kick at the end

-Water Bubble's enhanced lets control the bubble for some more time.

-Lightning Bolt: Normal: 1 Lightning, Enhanced 3 Lightnings.

-Aqua Splash: normal: With one hand it throws a water stream to the opnnent, Enhanced: Two hands and more damage.

And those would be all I can tell without getting all technical.

Unless my Rain is somehow different..

Water bubble enhanced, does NOT let you control them longer,it causes damage..

Some of my combos so far:
4, 3, lightning, 1, 1, water bubble (more or less next to Rain's head), 4, geyser kick = 34% (9 hits)

Now the 2 meter bar version of this combo at its max power:
Enhanced H20 Boost, JP1, 4, 3 enhanced lightning, 1, 1, water bubble, 4, geyser kick = 57% (12 hits)

INSANE!
Enhanced H20 Boost makes Rain high-tier for me, it is INSANE! You can go crazy with it.

A simple combo: JF1, 4, 3, geyser kick = 25% (4 hits) turns 38% with enhanced H20 boost!

I'm in love with Rain honestly...
Best DLC IMO.

Last edited:
had a play - like the fact he does a lot of good kicking combos....but doesn;t "feel" like a character I will play much.

I am too used to Nightwolf who has a great variety of combo starters sorry...

What I mean is that Rain has:
1, 1
1, 2
B2, 1+2
1, 2, F4
I find this still quite limiting and not many choices: no low starter or overhead starter. I don't even remember seeing a overhead from him.
B+2 1+2 is an overhead starter... :s and it can be mixup with B+2 3
4,3 is also one of his best combo starters... if not THE best

Re: Rain Thread - "I am a direct descendant of Argus himself"

not many of those combos up have variety... They all end the same

Maybe add some more variety Fox?

like combos that aren't in the same xxxxxxxxx lightning - super kick - xxxx geyser?

Not trying to be rude but Rain has a lot more variety than that...
EDIT: and I understand the thread is under construction but still...

They both have the same lenght but the enhanced version has 2% damage.

I was still trying Rain, yeah, B2, 1+2 is a overhead (not a starter though) but it's very hard to input the code unless you have a big thumb LOL but I really like his 4, 3!

Fox, if you like my combos, feel free to add them up, I think they're pretty good and easy to do:

Meterless combo:
4, 3, lightning, 1, 1, water bubble (more or less next to Rain's head), 4, geyser kick = 34% (9 hits)

2 meter version of the same combo:
Enhanced H20 Boost, JP1, 4, 3 enhanced lightning, 1, 1, water bubble, 4, geyser kick = 57% (12 hits)

X-ray combo:
4, 3, x-ray, 1, 1, Aqua Slash = 45% (9 hits)

- with jump forward punch adds 4% and with H20 boost adds 5% = 54% damage with 10 hits -

Last edited:
ill add more combos but i didnt have so much time yesterday and im not in my house till tomorrows afternoon. Be patient and thanx for the combos, ill add more tomorrow :)

Rain's Enhanced Water Bubble decays the opponents meter. Thought I'd put that out there.

Similar to Quan Chi's trance I suppose.

What I love about Rain is how hard he is to play as. I was genuinely expecting a much easy-going character. With so many specials which start combo strings (or help to keep them), such as water bubble, lightning and roundhouse kick, it was to expect he'd be quite op or a new Scorpion, but at all really, his water bubble requires a lot of skill for timing the hits as well as his roundhouse kick, his lightning is his most accessible special IMO his greyser kick and aqua splash are great combo finishers, and he even has additionally a teleport and a boost. It'll take me a lot to actually understand Rain to his full potential, but so far, the negative points I feel from his gamplay:

- his overhead combo has a non-friendly input: B1, 1+2 (if it was 1+3, it'd be much easier because you could actually touch both buttoms with your thumb, but I find pretty hard to click 1+2).

- his enhanced specials are not as good as they could have been. Most are basically the same but with an additional damage, so for me, it's quite not worth doing besides the damage-value, apart from his enhanced boost with can be deadly if you catch your opponent in a combo string and his enhanced teleport which has a greyser kick. EDIT: apparently enhanced water bubble lowers the opponent's meter then, good...

- his x-ray is AWFUL for long combo strings, since its damage is severly lowered. So, the meter bars for Rain will be better used for breakers. His x-ray alone is 30% I believe? Probably NRS felt his x-ray could have been seriously op with so many good specials Rain already has.

Overall, Rain is NOT an op character and from what I've been playing with him, he doesn't seem at all a top-tier kind of character, but I could see him in high-tier lists. He's much harder to play as than Skarlet and Kenshi IMO and I was very surprised by that. Let's see if my opinion changes...

- his x-ray is AWFUL for long combo strings, since its damage is severly lowered. So, the meter bars for Rain will be better used for breakers. His x-ray alone is 30% I believe? Probably NRS felt his x-ray could have been seriously op with so many good specials Rain already has.

Yeah, his X-Ray is oddly underwhelming considering it can be combo'd into and out of. His meter seems to be used mostly for breakers and a few EX moves inside combos. I was really expecting him to get more mileage out of saving meter for X-Ray. Then again, I was also expecting him to be fall more along the lines of Scorpion and Smoke like you said, easy to pick up and play, but he does have a steeper learning curve. I haven't played with him quite enough to be sure, but I'm starting to get a handle on him and he seems like a lot of fun once some time has been put in.

What's the most damage you can do after getting them with the bubble trap?

Trying to like Rain but I just find his combo's so bloody difficult. I've only had him for one evening so I'll keep on.

FOX COULD YOU ADD THESE TO YOUR COMBO GUIDE:

XRAY juggles--

1: 4,3,Lightning+4,3,Super Kick+xray (12 hits, 48%)

2: 4,3,Lightning+4,3,Super Kick+3,3,xray (10 hits, 43%)

3: 4,3,Lightning+4,3,Super Kick+3,3,xray+1,2,f3 (13 hits, 47%)

Last edited:
Maybe it's both! But I remember tryin to count the seconds & I think I got the same amount of time for both, But I know it causes damage..

Because you'¡re pretty much right, re-tried a few hours back, so thanks for the correction! :)

What's the most damage you can do after getting them with the bubble trap?

Trying to like Rain but I just find his combo's so bloody difficult. I've only had him for one evening so I'll keep on.

I'd recommend you to do all starters and super moves after them, then doing the roundhouse kick and trying to land any hit. After that start to do some easy combos :)

Loving Rain in this game, he is so fun to play !! He is not a zoner, more an offensive character, but, he can anti-zone well, avoiding to be caught on trap ...... his Water Port and EX Water Port are fine to escape from pressure.

My BnB with him : 1,2,F+4, dash 1,2,F+4, dash 4,3 ~ Lightning, Uppercut
..... very fun to use all the time !

Sure some of his combos after Water Ball require very precise timing, but, it's a matter to get used with the restrict time window avaliable ..... Skarlet demands very quick dashes in such short time to link juggle combos, so, who is used with Skarlet gameplay, will have no dificulty with Rain as well.

XD

My experience with Rain is positive so far..my only problem with him is the difficulty of pulling off his difficult juggles online in laggier match. Even offline it requires precise timing so it can be impossible at times.